2006: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2007: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2008: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2009: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2010: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2011: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2012: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2013: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2014: January February March / April May / June July / August September / October November / December
- by Fishbiscuits42 03-26-2011Lost: March 2011 contest 2nd place winner! My first ever video. Based on Berkley Breathed's book.Starring Jack as Opus.
- by Im1oftheOceanic6 03-24-2011Lost: March 2011 contest 3rd place winner! An interpretation of Alice in Wonderland through Aaron's eyes.
The Others (Oooohhhh) In no particular order
Contest: "Story, Story, Hallelujah!"
Deadline: March 31st
Have you ever wanted to see your favourite book come to life? This is the contest for you!
This month; we want you to take your favourite book, create your own dream cast, and tell us about one of your favourite fictional stories. Here's the fun part - the cast can be from ANYWHERE! Not just Lost! We're working towards getting the site multi-fandom; so this comp is another great chance to start getting LVI ready for the future. Create your own Bella Swan, Harry Potter or Katniss Everdeen! Cast your own actors/actresses to play the roles and tell us about a portion of the book, or the whole series, a favored character, etc
+ a full book recap/overview
+ a full series recap/overview
+ a chapter recap/overview
+ a character arc
+ a memorable plot twist
All we ask for this challenge is that, when casting your crew, that there is at least ONE Lost character in the cast; however if you choose two non-Losties as your leads and just pick Losties as the minor cast; that's fine too! We just one some Losties in the bunch while we're still LVI! However, if you want to cast every one of your characters as a Lostie; then that's fine, too!
With books that have already been made into movies/tv shows (eg. Twilight, True Blood, Harry Potter, The Vampire Diaries, etc), we ask that you not use any of the footage from that show/movie.
For example, if you're telling a Twilight story with a new cast for the contest, no footage from the Twilight movie series can be used. However, you can use footage from The Vampire Diaries (or any other shows/movies that deal with similar subject matter to that of your chosen book) to get across the same point. We want it to be fair to all vidders seeing as not every book has been made into a movie/tv show; and we want everyone on a level playing field
Have heaps of fun! We're really excited to see your interpretations of your favourite stories!
Specific Contest Rules:
• - Make a video based around the storyline (series, chapter, character arc, etc) of ONE of your favourite fictional books/series.
• - Non-Lost footage is allowed.
• - No trailers/promos.
• - Running time should be no longer than 3-6 minutes.
• -The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
• -When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "March 2011 contest submission" exactly in your vid's description.
General Contest Rules:
• -Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page.
• -All regular submissions rules apply.
• -Only one entry per vidder.
• -Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
• - Please do not use Rapidshare or Yousendit as your only hosting place.
• - If you're using Youtube as your primary link, please also provide us with an alternative link. Far too often, YT is either disabled or muted by the time the contest is ready to be judged. Mediafire, zshare and Megaupload are just a few of the sites out there that can be used as reliable backup links.
• - Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available to be watched at least until after the deadline has passed. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
• - Have fun!