2006: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2007: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2008: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2009: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2010: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2011: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2012: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2013: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2014: January February March / April May / June July / August September / October November / December
- by Jemmz 10-04-2011The Hangover: October 2011 contest 1st place winner! The Hangover 2 as a horror. Sorry for the quality. Vimeo pass: jemmzvids
- by littleton_pace 10-31-2011Toy Story: The toys are back in town. October 2011 contest 2nd place winner!
The Others (Oooohhhh) In no particular order
- by jacquelin825 10-06-2011Community: October 2011 contest submission. Community as a horror movie trailer (both songs listed at the end of the video)
Contest: “Genre Swap”
Deadline: November 2nd - extended
It’s the spooky month of October once again, folks, and this time we want you to make a horror trailer…but with a twist! We want you to take an upbeat, cheery movie or TV show - anything that is not considered scary - and turn it in to a terrifying horror! Turn Bridget Jones’ comical love-life in to a total scare-fest, make the loveable cast of Modern Family in to a terrifying group of serial killers, you can even turn light-hearted classics such as Disney’s Cinderella in to a full-blown horror!
Here is an excellent example of a re-cut trailer from YouTube, which presents the family film “Mary Poppins” as a chilling horror trailer!
We’re asking you to attempt something just like this. Turn something that would usually make us smile in to something that makes us want to leap behind the sofa and hide! You can use anything from comedy to kid’s genre to fantasy, just as long as the show or movie you have selected has little or no horror aspect. Do not select any horror or horror comedies, for example, as this would already be considered scary enough and does not give you much of a challenge!
Please only select ONE fandom for your trailer. No crossovers between Back to the Future and Austin Powers, for example You may not use footage that is outside of your chosen TV show/movie, unless it’s title cards, but you may use outside audio to help sell your AU plot. It is up to you what you decide to do for this, just remember we are looking out for skilful vidders who can take something usually very up-beat or light-hearted and turn it in to a convincing horror trailer!
Good luck and have fun!! We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Specific Contest Rules:
• Make an original horror trailer out of a fandom that is NOT considered scary.
• -Running time should be no longer than 3 minutes. We suggest the 1 - 3 minute range.
• - No crossovers/outside footage and no multi-fandom vids, please.
• -The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
• -When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "October 2011 contest submission" exactly in your vid's description.
General Contest Rules:
• - Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page
• - All regular submissions Rules apply.
• - Only one entry per vidder
• - Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
• - Please do not use Rapidshare or Yousendit as your only hosting place.
• - If you're using Youtube as your primary link, please also provide us with an alternative link. Far too often, YT is either disabled or muted by the time the contest is ready to be judged. Mediafire, zshare and Megaupload are just a few of the sites out there that can be used as reliable backup links.
• - Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available to be watched at least until after the deadline has passed. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
• - Have fun!