- by Guzik90ab 10-26-2014Lost/Castle: September 2014 contest 1st place winner!
- by Jemmz 11-02-2014Lost: September 2014 contest 1st place winner! Why did the universe want Charlie to die?
- by Im1oftheOceanic6 10-31-2014Lost: September 2014 contest 2nd place winner! Exploring the meaning of The Numbers and their significance to the Candidates. See YT for more info
The Others (Oooohhhh) In no particular order
Contest: We Have To Go Back
Deadline: November 4th - Extended!
Ten years! It's been ten years since the pilot of Lost came to our screens and changed all our lives for the better. And we love it, we'll always love it. It will always hold a special place in our hearts, but even us hardcore fans recognize that the show we loved left us with a heck of a lot of unanswered questions. So to celebrate the ten year anniversary of the crash of Oceanic 815, this month's contest is all about answering those little questions we never got answers to.
Remember throwaway lines like Sawyer's Tampa job? Kate's friend Beth who loved Driveshaft? And who travels with a pregnancy test, right?
We don't want you to alter the storyline (ie. killing off Kate or creating a new ship), we want you to fill in the plot gaps that we didn't see. So for example, if you wanted to make a video about Kate and her friend Beth, you can cast Beth as any actress you choose and make a video about their friendship. Or you could show us what could have been Sawyer's Tampa job. Or make a video about who brought the pregnancy test on the plane, but maybe didn't survive the crash.
We do NOT want videos where you speculate what happened AFTER the finale, like what happened to Aaron when he got older or what was Kate's life like after the Ajira plan landed? We also would rather NOT see big picture stuff, like "Was the island real? Was it all a dream?" Rather we'd love to see a specific, small picture things the show just never answered that you feel it could have answered. Like why was Libby in Australia? Or, why was she in the mental institute? Did Annie die in the Purge?
This comp is about filling in those plotholes that probably don't make a difference in the long run, but they always stick in the back of your mind as something the show could have answered.
If you need further inspiration, there are plenty of webpages online. You can use one of the suggestions mentioned here, or found online, just as long as your video centres around ONE unanswered question.
Tip: when you are looking around for an unanswered question, focus on the ones specific to characters.
If you're unsure about your unanswered question, feel free to ask here in this thread. Or if you want to keep it a surprise, feel free to PM a member of the Council and ask privately.
Specific Contest Rules:
• - Make a video about ONE unanswered question/plothole from Lost.
• - AU's are acceptable as long as they don't alter the shows storyline.
• - Running time should be no longer than 5 minutes. We suggest the 3 - 5 minute range.
• - The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
• - When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "September 2014 contest submission" exactly in your vid's description.
General Contest Rules:
• - Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page.
• - All regular submissions Rules apply.
• - Only one entry per vidder.
• - Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
• - Please do not use Rapidshare or Yousendit as your only hosting place.
• - If you're using Youtube as your primary link, please also provide us with an alternative link. Far too often, YT is either disabled or muted by the time the contest is ready to be judged. Mediafire and Sendspace are just a couple of the sites out there that can be used as reliable backup links.
• - Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available to be watched at least until after the deadline has passed. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
• - Have fun!