2006: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2007: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2008: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2009: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2010: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2011: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2012: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2013: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2014: January February March / April May / June July / August September / October November / December
The Others (Oooohhhh) In no particular order
- by eloramoon 06-19-2010Lost: June 2010 contest submission. What made the Jacob/MIB reveal epic for me. Credits at YT.
- by EMMALOUISE 06-22-2010Lost: June 2010 contest submission
- by Im1oftheOceanic6 06-24-2010Lost: June 2010 Contest Submission.From day one to the afterlife,through the good and the bad,on the island or off,Kate has always been with Jack even if sometimes it is only in spirit
- by DJC Productions 06-10-2010Lost: June 2010 Contest Submission. This vid is focused on one of the most iconic scenes in Lost's history.
- by aradnea 06-24-2010Lost: June 2010 Contest Submission.
- by nightdancer342 06-02-2010Lost: June 2010 contest submission. I chose to do a scene that was pretty unnecessary. Therefore, an epic fail.
- by Zodiac48 06-08-2010Lost: June 2010 contest submission. Its been over a year for me in making a vid. hope its decent
- by Athena Alexandria 06-26-2010Lost: June 2010 Contest Submission. Jack and Kate are parted by their separate acts of courage.
Deadline: July 3rd - extended!
Please be sure to check all of the rules, including the maximum run time (3 minutes), before you submit your vid. If you need to re-edit and re-submit your contest vid before the deadline, please contact a CM and we'll be glad to help you!
So that's it! No more Lost!
*sobs and cries with everyone*
To ease the pain; we bring you a contest.
At one time or another, every Lost fan has watched a scene and thought "That.was.epic." Whether it be Charlie's death scene, Alex's murder, or Jack and Kate's proposal; whatever it might be! Lost is one of those shows that has provided vidders with so many epic scenes; and that's what we want to see this month: one of your favourite Epic Scenes. One of those scenes you remember long after the episode is over, memorize the quote and plaster it all over some fabulous fanart.
Pick ONE EPIC SCENE (must be canon) from Lost and show us why, in your mind, that scene is so epic. You can use footage from other episodes to get the epic point across, but the main focus should be on that ONE epic scene. For example, if you were to use the Jate proposal as your epic scene, you can use clips of them on the island/flashforward/etc interspersed with the proposal to show just how important, and therefore epic, that moment is.
We know what makes a scene "epic" to one person might mean something different to another; hence the challenge. Show us why you think that scene is so epic to you. To be clear; the scene must be canon from the show. We are not asking you to invent your own epic scene.
As for scenes that run together in a montage sense (like Aaron's birth with Boone's death) we would consider that to be one scene as they were montaged together by the show; that would be okay for the contest. But, something like using Charlie and Claire's first kiss run together with us first discovering Desmond in the Hatch would not be. They're both epic scenes but they have nothing to do with the other and they weren't montaged together by the show.
You can use an instrumental song with lots of dialogue, or a non-instrumental song with hardly any/no dialogue; whatever you want! Use whatever you need to to show us why that scene is so epic to you.
Here are some examples to show you what we're looking for:
We will also be using a claiming system for this contest, since we don't want 5 vids to the same scene or something. So TWO vidders per scene
Have loads of fun!
Be sure to read our new contest information for help with questions you may have!
• Charlie/Desmond (Happily Ever After) "I know her; we're together." - lostwithoutdom & Kaory
• Sawyer/Kate "I'm doing it for her" (Whatever Happened, Happened) - Kuliet4ever
• Jack/Kate goodbye (The End) - Athena Alexandria
• Sayid revives at The Temple pool (LA X Part 2) - thefilmchick
• Despenny reunion (No Place Like Home) - Uruviel
• Jacob/MIB reveal (The Incident) - eloramoon
• Jack/Kate "Y'know, I don't like the new you" (Whatever Happened, Happened) - emmasholi
• Jun's death scene (The Candidate) - SawyerLittleton
• Juliet sees Rachel on the monitor (Not In Portland) - littleton_pace
• Ben/Ilana "He's the only one who'll have me" (Dr Linus) - SassyLostie2
• Jack/Kate "We have to go back" (Through The Looking Glass Part 2) - rbexter93
• Ben/Sayid "You would remember!" (One Of Us) - VPnymph
• Jack/Christian (The End) - MPJ & FaradayLinus
• Jack/Locke "I don't believe in destiny" (Exodus Part 2) - Brooke
• Ben "What about me?" (The Incident) - soapbubbles511
• Des/Penny phone call (The Constant) - NepEnut
• Jack/Kate say goodbye on walkies (Not In Portland) - lostbreakers
• Ben/Locke final scene in Alt-Verse - benlinusisagoodguy
• Jack's death (The End) - Belle MacFarlane
• Jack/Kate "I will come back here for you." (The Man From Tallahassee) - aradnea
• Jack/Locke fight (The End) - Zodiac48
• Sawyer watches Little House (Recon) - grable24
• Sawyer/Kate "I never" (Outlaws) - supermander11
• Jack/Locke "What if everything that happened here, happened for a reason?" (White Rabbit) - DJC Productions
• Sawyer/Kate "I'll do anything you want" (I Do) - Debbie
• Jack/Kate "Where do i remember you from?" (The End) - Borislava & EMMALOUISE
• Juliet's death (LA X Part 1) - SweetClover
• Jack/Kate "I've always been with you" (The Little Prince) - Im1oftheOceanic6
• Sawyer/Juliet reunion (The End) - tjmack1986
• Charlie's death scene (Through The Looking Glass) - Jemma & spicedogs
• Jack/Locke arguing about the island (There's no place like home) - lostie_08
Specific Contest Rules:
• - Make a video based around ONE scene from Lost that you consider epic. Though clips from other eps are allowed, the focus should be ONE epic scene.
• - NO non-Lost footage, AU, Crossovers or Trailers.
• - Running time should be no longer than 3 minutes. Most scenes don't generally run over the 2/3 minute mark. For this contest we suggest the 2 - 3 minute range. The focus should be on the ONE scene.
• -The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
• -When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "June 2010 contest submission" exactly in your vid's description.
General Contest Rules:
• -Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page.
• -All regular submissions rules apply.
• -Only one entry per vidder.
• -Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
• -Please do not use Megaupload, Rapidshare or Yousendit as your only link to host your files.
• -Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available for viewing at least until the end of the contest. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
• -Have fun!