2006: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2007: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2008: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2009: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2010: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2011: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2012: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2013: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2014: January February March / April May / June July / August September / October November / December
- by littleton_pace 09-02-2012The Hunger Games: August 2012 contest 1st place winner! 'And I am finally seeing why I was the one worth leaving.'
- by Uruviel 08-30-2012Wizard Of Oz: August 2012 contest 2nd place winner! A video about Dorothy's journey through Oz.
- by jacquelin825 08-23-2012Avengers: August 2012 contest 3rd place winner! The Avengers.
The Others (Oooohhhh) In no particular order
- by PsychoCynic 08-18-2012Captain America : 'Hand behind my neck, arm around my waist. Never let me hit the ground, you'll never let me crash.' Steve and Bucky. There for each other, always. (B)romance vid. August 2012 contest submission
- by Wildcat 09-01-2012Resident Evil: August 2012 contest submission
- by tjmack1986 08-21-2012The Notebook: August 2012 contest submission
- by Captain Freya 06-09-2012500 Days Of Summer: At the end of it all, you're still my best friend. I don't wanna hurt you but I need to breathe. August 2012 contest submission
Contest: Blockbuster Beats
Deadline: Setpember 2nd - extended!
This month, it’s all about rockin’ those beats! We’re challenging you to make a video featuring your favourite film and showcase your beat-use skills.
Making cuts, experimenting with effects, and using transitions can all emphasise a song’s beats. Perhaps your favourite movie has an awesome action sequence or some beautiful, sweeping landscape shots. You could even use the movement in the clips to hit those beats.
You can use a fast or slow song, it’s up to you, just remember to think creatively and follow the flow of the song without making us too dizzy! For more information or awesome ideas be sure to check out Heather’s Beat Use Tutorial.
We’d like you to narrow it down and focus on just one of your favourites this month, so no multi-fandom videos please.
Show us your favorite movie and beat the heck out of it!
Specific Contest Rules:
• Make a video about your favourite movie using creative beat use.
• Canon only. No AU's, OC's, or crossovers.
• Running time should be under five minutes. We suggest the 3 - 5 minute range.
• The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
• When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "August 2012 contest submission" exactly in your vid's description.
General Contest Rules:
• Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page.
• All regular submissions Rules apply.
• Only one entry per vidder.
• Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
• Please do not use Rapidshare or Yousendit as your only hosting place.
• If you're using Youtube as your primary link, please also provide us with an alternative link. Far too often, YT is either disabled or muted by the time the contest is ready to be judged. Mediafire and zshare are just a couple of the sites out there that can be used as reliable backup links. We do realise that there have been a lot of issues with file-sharing websites recently but if you can find anywhere that you're comfortable uploading to and that is easily accessible, that would be great!
• Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available to be watched at least until after the deadline has passed. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.