2006: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2007: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2008: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2009: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2010: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2011: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2012: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2013: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2014: January February March / April May / June July / August September / October November / December
- by KajaM 05-31-2012Game of Thrones: May 2012 contest 1st place winner! This is a recap of the relationship between Sansa Stark, a highborn young lady betrothed to the cruel young king Joffrey, and Sandor Clegane, Joffrey's guard.
- by Breezelda 05-28-2012Foreign Film : May 2012 contest 3rd place winner! In a strategy to unite his people, the Emperor marries a Princess from a rival region, despite their differences in culture and religion, true love conquers all in this epic romance set amid the opulence of the 16th cen
The Others (Oooohhhh) In no particular order
- by eloramoon 05-26-2012Downton Abbey : May 2012 contest submission - Sybil & Branson from Downton Abbey (spoilers for s1-2)
- by i.luv.telenovelas 05-31-2012Geek Charming: May 2012 contest submission Josh is a film geek who uses the diva Dylan for his school documentary on popularity. Cuteness ensues! One of the better Disney Channel Movies I've seen in a while.
- by Wildcat 05-18-2012Titanic: May 2012 contest submission. It ended the way it did because SV decided to mess up, so I thought that would be a better ending...
- by EMMALOUISE 05-31-2012The Vampire Diaries: May 2012 contest submission
- by Uruviel 05-28-2012Beauty and the Beast: May 2012 contest submission The Beast wants Belle to know who he really is.
- by namaste nikki 05-17-2012Dexter: May 2012 contest submission. Love Is Blind.
- by thefilmchick 05-15-2012Sherlock: May 2012 contest submission. Contains spoilers for BBC's Sherlock through Season 2 (one week ahead of the US's current point.) Somewhat shippy -- but canonically so!
- by Im1oftheOceanic6 05-25-2012Ding Dog Daddy: May 2012 Contest Submission.Short vid about the love between a dog and a statue.
Contest: Love is Blind
Deadline: May 31
They say that you can't help who you fall in love with, but some couples really defy convention. When director Woody Allen famously romanced his ex-wife's adopted daughter (to whom he was never a father) he said, "The heart wants what it wants. There's no logic to those things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that's that."
This month, we want to see canon pairings that defy usual romantic expectations. In other words: really unusual romances. The pair could be from different social backgrounds, like Romeo and Juliet or Jack and Rose from Titanic; they could be from different worlds, like one is human and the other is supernatural (think Edward/Bella from Twilight, or Stefan/Elena from The Vampire Diaries (even Tyler/Caroline since he's a werewolf and she's a vampire). Or, perhaps their union is completely taboo, like a teacher and a student, a young man and an older woman, or Cersei and Jaime Lannister (Twins! Ew!) from Game of Thrones. It could even be as simple as one is beautiful and the other is, shall we say, a bit beastly? *cough*RUMBELLE*cough*cough*.
We will leave it up to you how you want to interpret "unusual", but you will have to show us what is unique about the pair and why their love defies convention. Remember, we are looking for romances that are at least hinted at in canon. No AU couples, please.
Specific Contest Rules:
• - Make a video featuring an unusual pairing.
• - Canon only. No AU's, OC's, or crossovers.
• - Running time should be under five minutes. We suggest the 3 - 5 minute range.
• - The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
• - When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "May 2012 contest submission" exactly in your vid's description.
General Contest Rules:
• - Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page.
• - All regular submissions Rules apply.
• - Only one entry per vidder.
• - Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
• - Please do not use Rapidshare or Yousendit as your only hosting place.
• - If you're using Youtube as your primary link, please also provide us with an alternative link. Far too often, YT is either disabled or muted by the time the contest is ready to be judged. Mediafire and zshare are just a couple of the sites out there that can be used as reliable backup links. We do realise that there have been a lot of issues with file-sharing websites recently but if you can find anywhere that you're comfortable uploading to and that is easily accessible, that would be great!
• - Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available to be watched at least until after the deadline has passed. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
• - Have fun