2006: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2007: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2008: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2009: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2010: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2011: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2012: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2013: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2014: January February March / April May / June July / August September / October November / December
- by littleton_pace 08-31-2009Lost: Save me. Need Me. Heal me. August 2009 Contest 2nd place winner!
- by Polarbear 08-25-2009Lost: August 2009 contest 3rd place winner! After the bomb blows up time is reset to the crash and Ben is the only one who remembers anything and decides to do things differently.
The Others (Oooohhhh) In no particular order
- by Im1oftheOceanic6 08-11-2009Lost: August 2009 Contest Submission. A Tribute to those who have gone too soon.
- by supermander11 08-22-2009Lost: August 2009 contest submission - Charlie thinks Claire is such a Pretty Young Thing!
- by Violet_Deville 08-19-2009Lost: August 2009 contest submission. Annie's feelings about young Ben.
- by Kuliet4ever 08-30-2009Lost: August 2009 contest submission Full Discription on YT Please note that the flashes in the vid arent Vegas flashes...but all footage from clips.
Contest: "Back To Basics"
Deadline: August 31
Fan vids have turned into a true art form, with all of the beautiful effects & transitions that are now available. So for this month's contest, we're going back to the basics of vidding! We want to see some no-frills videos, with the main focus being the storyline. There are many ways to make a video interesting without relying on effects, coloring, etc, such as good beat use, and of course, song choice!
Speaking of song choice, in honor of the late King of Pop, we want everyone to use Michael Jackson songs! There are MANY to choose, all with great lyrics to get your story across.
We will be using a Claiming System for this contest. The same song may only be used by two vidders.
Here is a list of Michael Jackson songs, along with lyrics:
List of Claimed Songs/Vidder
"Bad" - Uruviel
"Will You Be There" - FaradayLinus & littleton_pace
"Man In The Mirror - Polarbear
"The Way You Make Me Feel" - Jo & lostbreakers
"Beat It" - EMMALOUISE & dl15
"Scream" - Debbie
"Ben" - Violet_Deville
"Pretty Young Thing" - supermander11
"Billie Jean" - ciaimpala
"I Just Can't Stop Loving You" - Kuliet4ever
"Whatever Happens" - eloramoon
"Gone Too Soon" - Im1oftheOceanic6
"Thriller" - chloooeee & AthenaAlexandria
"I'll Be There" - benlinusisagoodguy & Fishbiscuits42
"Smooth Criminal" - NepEnut
"She's Out of My Life" - buffyfan145
"You Are Not Alone" - cagedfreedom
"Say, Say, Say" - Spikefan74
"Earth Song" - emmasholi
"Fall Again" - Kaory
Specific Contest Rules:
• - Make a video with little effects/transitions to a Michael Jackson song.
• - No coloring, no overlays, no textures, no cookie cutter effects. If you're not sure whether an effect is ok to use or not, then don't use it. The focus of this comp is the story with limited, basic effects.
• - Effects that ARE allowed - black & white clips, crossfades, fades to a black or white screen, text that doesn't move.
• - No covers, please use the original by Michael Jackson.
• - Must follow the claiming system by claiming one song. Only two vidders per song. One song per video!
• - Running time should be no longer than 5 minutes. We suggest the 3 - 5 minute range.
• -The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
• -When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "August 2009 contest submission" exactly in your vid's description.
General Contest Rules:
• -Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page.
• -All regular submissions rules apply.
• -Only one entry per vidder.
• -Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
• -Please do not use Megaupload, Rapidshare or Yousendit as your only link to host your files.
• -Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available for viewing at least until the end of the contest. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
• -Have fun!