2006: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2007: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2008: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2009: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2010: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2011: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2012: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2013: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2014: January February March / April May / June July / August September / October November / December
- by KajaM 08-11-2006Lost: July 2006 contest 1st place winner!. Why we still need the flashbacks? To fully understand why Sawyer became such a bad boy and to find out who the real Mr. Sawyer is. Evolves on the idea that Locke's father could be the real Sawyer.
The Others (Oooohhhh) In no particular order
- by Shankle 08-11-2006Lost: July 2006 contest submission - We'd never know who Sawyer is without knowing his past
- by spalonieve 08-11-2006Lost: July 2006 contest submission - Is there a connection between flashbacks? Follow the path from Libby through various characters and back to Libby again. You decide.
Throughout the last seasons of Lost it seems there has been a growing division between fans about the merits of Lost's flashbacks. Many are starting to believe they don't have any relevance to the plot anymore, while others think the connections we've seen are more important than anything. Either way, the Lost community needs help. We need to prove once and for all that these things do have a point.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to pick a character and use both flashback and on-island footage to present the connections between the character's past and present. Show how their past has changed who they are, and continues to change who they are. Be as creative as possible, and make it really jump out!
As always, creativity will be rewarded heavilly, as a video that uses less-obvious footage to present some aspect people may not have thought about will do a lot better than someone who uses a very obvious flashback connection, like Charlie and his drug addiction. Dig deeper, and try to really figure out why the writers put these flashbacks in; what do they say about your character?
It is our hope that this will once-and-for-all prove the merits of flashbacks on the show. If we succeed and come up with some meaningful connections, then maybe we will come to appreciate these things a little more in the future. Or if we fail, maybe by some chance this contest will persuade the writers of Lost to rethink the impact of flashbacks. Either way, as the video artists of the Lost fandom, it is up to us vidders to prove the point of flashbacks!
So start your editing programs, the challenge is on. The Lost Community is counting on you!
The RulesSpecific Contest Rules:
- -Videos must use both flashbacks and on-island footage of a character to show the CONNECTION between the two.
- -The more creative and insightful, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
- -Running time should be around 3-5 minutes.
- -When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "July 2006 contest submission" exactly for your vid's Description.
- -Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page
- -All regular submissions Rules apply.
- -Only one entry per vidder
- -Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
- -Please do not use Megaupload, Rapidshare or Yousendit to host your files.
- -Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available for download at least until the end of the month. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
- -Have fun!