2006: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2007: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2008: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2009: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2010: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2011: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2012: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2013: January February March April May June July August September October November December
2014: January February March / April May / June July / August September / October November / December
- by klost004 11-17-2009Lost: November 2009 contest 1st place winner! Description on YT
- by supermander11 12-01-2009Lost: November 2009 contest 3rd place winner!
The Others (Oooohhhh) In no particular order
- by Karowyn 11-28-2009Lost: November 2009 contest submission. Life goes on, but i'm gone, without you..
- by Athena Alexandria 11-06-2009Lost: November 2009 Contest Submission. Jack gives Kate love... and lots of stuff.
- by nightdancer342 11-18-2009Lost: November 2009 Contest Submission. I used the song from Dreamgirls to depict Kate's chaotic life on the run as Kate's life changed in just one night. It's not meant to be a lyrical interpretation with the video. The song is depicting her thoughts.
Contest: Phantom of the Island
Deadline: December 1st - extended!
Our Losties have suffered through a lot of sadness in the past 5 seasons and before we enter into the final season next year, we thought it was a good time to shine a light on all of that heartbreak... via show-stopping musical numbers!
We're looking for canon couples only, though the heartbreaking story you tell may be AU if you'd like. In other words, the sad story of Sawyer and Kate suffering through the tragic death of their only child would be acceptable; the story of Ethan and Kate suffering through the tragic death of their only child would not be (at least for this contest, if you feel inspired to tell the tragic story of Ethan and Kate's doomed child, we'd love for you to make it as a non-contest vid! ). Alternately, if you'd like to stick to something that actually happened on the show, that's also acceptable.
You may use songs from any type of musical, from animated movies (Disney or otherwise) to musical theater to live-action musicals in movies or TV (such as HSM or Glee or even Buffy's musical episode). If it's a musical, then it's fair game! Though we would prefer it to have lyrics instead of being a straight-up instrumental.
Also, no trailers; we want to see the full-length, heartbreaking story!
No crossovers with other fandoms, please, we want the focus to be on your canon couple. Though you may use footage of the Losties in other roles to help tell your story, if required.
You also may tell the heartbreaking story of more than one couple if you choose, just please keep them all canon. Also, if you would prefer not to use a couple or couples, then you may do an ensemble or character study, but if there's any romance in it, please keep it canon. (So a look at Sawyer could make mention of him with Kate or Ana-Lucia or Cassidy, for example, but any sort of manipping to make him seem as if he had a relationship with someone that he did not have in canon is not what we're looking for in this particular contest. )
We know that some musicals include dialogue in the songs; we'll allow a minimal amount of dialogue but ask that you please keep the emphasis on the song itself. So a few spoken words here or there in the midst of the song is fine, but mostly dialogue with a few sung lines here and there is, again, not what we're looking for in this contest.
So cue the lights, let the maestro ready the orchestra, and tell the audience to quiet down, we're ready for you to break our hearts now! Good luck and have fun!
Specific Contest Rules:
• - Make a heartbreaking vid about a canon couple (or a single character or an ensemble) set to a song from a musical. AU storylines are allowed but any couples must be canon.
• - No trailers or crossovers with other fandoms.
• - Any song from a musical (theater, animated, TV episode, etc.) is allowed, though no instrumentals or songs that are mainly show dialogue, please.
• - Running time should be no longer than 5 minutes. We suggest the 3 - 5 minute range.
• -The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
• -When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "November 2009 contest submission" exactly in your vid's description.
General Contest Rules:
• -Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page.
• -All regular submissions rules apply.
• -Only one entry per vidder.
• -Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
• -Please do not use Megaupload, Rapidshare or Yousendit as your only link to host your files.
• -Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available for viewing at least until the end of the contest. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
• -Have fun!