Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Monsters" by SuperKC
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: "Monsters" by SuperKC Reply with quote

"Monsters" 01-20-2007
At odds with one another, Jack, Kate and Sawyer share an unspoken bond. Beneath the surface, there is a monster lurking inside each of them. It is the source of their greatest strength and their greatest weakness.
Song: Put Your Lights On by Everlast ft. Santana
Vidder: SuperKC
Length: 4:45 (17.32MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.zshare.net/video/monsters_superkc-wmv.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElWvib2zzP8
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14xug_monsters
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it finally uploaded lol,
great video i loved it its also made me see jack in a different light and you know he ain't one of my favourite characters but its made me like him a bit more.
And Jack and Sawyer getting steamy well what can i say about that lol
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just commented over at your LJ.

To summarize and reinterate - AMAZING WORK!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colouring was beautiful, great job on that! It was a very intense video I enjoyed the theme of the video and how you tried to match scenes between J/K/S (which you did very well by the way.)
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG this is awesome, KC. Great song and great job matching the lyrics and comparing Jack, Kate and Sawyer. I think this is the first vid about those three that hasn't been about the infamous triangle. I loved the colouring and your use of the pan/crop thing was amazing. Awesome vid!

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dayln03
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! I loved it, the coloring was beautiful. And there' s just something about your videos, i can't describe it, but they're all just beautifully made! I think it's just like the simplicity of it, that makes it so effective. You just tell the story, show how they're all alike , and you don't mess around with effects that throw off the video. I think that's what makes your videos soooo amazing!

--if that even made sense Anyway, i loved it!

--KC's Wife! --
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool colouring and great lyric interpretation KC! Loved the simplicity of this video too

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie Yeowza! Is what you can say. And I'm glad it made you like Jack a bit more. Even though he certainly mangshenged a bit there. He can't help it. He wouldn't be Jack if there wasn't some mangshenging happening.

Maria I just read your comment at eljay and you crack me up! Thank you!

Paul I've been getting some really great results with my colors by using different sets of curves that I'm coming up with along with brightness contrast. Glad you like the results! It's fun!

Marcus I'm glad you liked it! OMG! SQUEEEEE!!!!! Re: The first vid about the three that's not triangley. Well my last vid wasn't, but it wasn't really a character study like this. I'm sure there are others but they are few and far between. This song is pretty 'sultry' as Steph put it so I could have totally made it triangely but at the same time I didn't think that would do this great song justice.

Dalyn Wow! Thank you! (What is your first name by the way?) I LOVE that you like my vids. I was mentioning to someone the other day that my vidding style can be described as "simplistic." I think I'm effect-aphobic. Haha. But in all honesty, usually when I get an idea for a vid, the clips speak for themselves. I've tried adding effects of course, I just always end up liking it better solo for some reason. I may one day decide to go for some effects. We'll see. And yeah! Thanks again. You made my night with this comment!

Elle Thanks sweetie! These lyrics were ripe for the picking really. They were so rich. I'm glad you liked it! BTW I still love your Scummy vid!
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done. I love this vid.

I love the editing and the lack shipness. I like to see a vid lacking Jate/Skate (even though I make loads of Skate). This was good. Like the This Place is a Prison vid a while back. Awesome job.

A++++++++++ and 100 gold stars!!

~Freckles
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
Marcus I'm glad you liked it! OMG! SQUEEEEE!!!!! Re: The first vid about the three that's not triangley. Well my last vid wasn't, but it wasn't really a character study like this. I'm sure there are others but they are few and far between. This song is pretty 'sultry' as Steph put it so I could have totally made it triangely but at the same time I didn't think that would do this great song justice.

I'd completely forgotten your last vid was also about these three.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicole - Thank you! I am running out of places to put these gold stars girlie! Glad you liked. And SERIOUSLY? Every single time I see your icon, I think it's Mal and River from FIREFLY! LMAO.

Marcus - My last THREE vids have been about them actually. But one WAS triangley. The one before THAT even had just Sawyer and Jack in it. I can't get off of them for some reason. Maybe I should challenge myself and do a vid about someone else... Nah!
dayln03
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SuperKC"]

Dalyn Wow! Thank you! (What is your first name by the way?) I LOVE that you like my vids. I was mentioning to someone the other day that my vidding style can be described as "simplistic." I think I'm effect-aphobic. Haha. But in all honesty, usually when I get an idea for a vid, the clips speak for themselves. I've tried adding effects of course, I just always end up liking it better solo for some reason. I may one day decide to go for some effects. We'll see. And yeah! Thanks again. You made my night with this comment!

What's my first name? My first name is Dayln...lol yeah it's my real name too -- it's different i know, so much so that alot of ppl think i'm a guy, but i'm not! oh well!!

I'm glad my comment made you happy, but then again how can i NOT comment on your videos...so amazing!...simplistic is definately the word, but it just works so damn good in your videos.
I think i'm like the opposite, i go like 'effect-happy' and just add as much as i can, get a little carried away! lol
again, oh well right?!

--KC's Wife! --
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? How do I pronounce that? My first name is KC too, haha. It's also unusual. At least the spelling of it.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was nice. I love your clever lyric interpretations, every single clip seemed to fit right with the song. And like the others said, it made me look at Jack in a new way. Loved the whole gun theme, as you used them to kinda shift from one plot to the other. And lastly, loved that bit in the middle/endish with the famous scene where Sawyer is almost shot by Pickett, you handled it nicely lol.
May I ask... what made you choose Kate, Jack and Sawyer? This vid could have worked for anyone (even just one of them) pretty well, so why go for those 3?

Great vid though. I'll be keeping up with these vids of yours if I can KC. lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks very much Hobbes. I had fun making it but I could have KILLED someone trying to render it. I think the project file was corrupted. But I didn't let that stop me!

Quote:
May I ask... what made you choose Kate, Jack and Sawyer?

This is the lamest reason ever. My last two vids were Jack/Sawyer/Kate and the one before that was Jack/Sawyer. I started working with the opening of this song a few weeks ago and, of course, the clips I had in my mind (and at the ready) were Jack, Sawyer, and Kate clips. I fully intended to make this into a full-on ensemble vid, Eko, Locke, Ana-Lucia, Sayid, etc. But when I stuck those first three clips in, (and those are the original three). I realized the pattern in the music. Three slow (more than 3 notes, but definitely 3 sets of somethng), three quick. THREE. I contemplated changing the opening to allow for a more inclusive ensemble vid, but they just looked SO GOOD. I couldn't take them out yet. I stuck the next three clips in there just to see what they looked like, at this point I'm still thinking ensemble, but let's just try something out here. I knew then that this would be just for Jack/Kate/Sawyer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: