Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Change in administrator
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Change in administrator Reply with quote

I'm regretfully going to have to step down as admin because of a serious illness in my family which has left me now without the time to devote to LVI that this position requires.

I've been a member of LVI for 7 years now, a CM for 6 years and admin for coming up on 5 years. This site has been such a part of my life, it's hard to let it go. But things happen in life that are out of our control and we have to adapt and move on and that's what I'm having to do now.

Thank you SO much to my Council Members, past and present, who made my job infinitely easier along the way and thank you to all of the members who have made this site my online home for all of these years. I do hope to still get the chance to come back and visit in the future, as time permits, because I don't want to lose touch with the wonderful friends I've made here (and I definitely don't want to miss watching, voting and commenting on all of the awesome vids here either ). I'd love to get the chance to vid again myself in the future when things have hopefully calmed down.

I'll be handing the reins of administrator over to an extremely qualified CM. She's been a member here for as long as I have and she joined the Council almost immediately after I did as well. She has worked faithfully for LVI for all of these years and I can truthfully say that without her, LVI would not be the site that it is today. She has been an excellent CM and I know that she'll be an even more excellent admin. I have complete and utter faith in her ability to take care of this site which has meant so much to so many of us and I know that LVI will flourish and grow under her guidance.

Please join me in welcoming Lost Video Island's new adminstrator:

Heather (Uruviel)!

Any questions or concerns you would've normally sent to me, now should be sent to her.

Heather, knowing that you'll be on the job has made this hard goodbye of mine a lot easier. You've been my "right-hand woman" for many years now and I know you're going to do a wonderful job now that it's your turn in the driver's seat! *many hugs*

Thank you again, everyone. Take care and I hope to see you around again very soon. *hugs to you all* ♥!
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, Ais, that's so sad, we'll miss you as admin so much but I totally understand why you have to step down. you've been really great in your role!!

But, of course, Heather has been great as right-hand woman and I'm looking forward to seeing her excel as boss xx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I probably sound like a broken record ( ) because I've said it before but I will miss you so much around here! You've always been such an amazing admin, fellow CM and a dear friend to me.

I wish you all the strength you need to get through this difficult and sad time. I'll be keeping you and all of your family in my thoughts!!! *big hug*

Heather, I'm very happy to have you as my new "boss"!
You've been putting so much of your time and energy and love into this website and community for so many years. There's no one who deserves the job so much as you do!

I'm sure you'll do an amazing work around here! *big hug*

Ais, I hope to see you around again when things get better in your family!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ais, from the first day I joined LVI you made me feel welcome and were always there to give me reassurance when I needed it. You have been an amazing admin, an amazing CM sister, and I am just so relieved that you will be back to visit as things settle down. LVI needs Ais!!!

As always, I am sending you all the hugs in the world! <3 <3 <3

Heather, I know Ais leaves some pretty big shoes to fill, but if anyone can do it, you can! I know that you will be a great admin, and I look forward to marching ahead into LVI's future with you holding the banner. (((MANY HUGS)))

~ Julia
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. First of all, as I've told you many times, Ais, you are the heart of LVI. You have made this site the amazing community that it is. I have enjoyed every minute of being on the Council with you as our leader. Even more, you are an amazing, kind, wonderful person & I am so glad that you have become a great friend. I will miss you so much, & I wish you & your family all the best. I hope you can drop by here as often as possible. *big hugs*

I am absolutely thrilled to be the new admin of LVI! LVI has been a huge part of my life for 7 years, & I am honored to do my part in leading it into the future. I will do my best to follow in Ais's footsteps. Thank you, everyone!!! *hugs all around*
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! Many of you probably don't know about me, but I've been LVI's webmaster and the old site leader nearly since it started. I don't post around much anymore, but I wanted to chime in here because I'm a sucker for closure and I still love this place - largely because of the amazing people who run it. Aislynn is one of those people.

Modest, professional and incredibly kind, to the very end of her time here. I just can't express just how much Aislynn has given LVI.

But maybe this can give everyone a little perspective:

Aislynn's current post count is 23,702 posts. Incredible already, considering how we all know they're usually the longest (and most thoughtful) ones around.
But just to bring things into real world perspective:

Just on these forums, Ais has written a total of 2,198,963 words

The average novel is around 100,000 words. She's written 22.
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy is 455,125 words. She's almost finished her fifth.
The entire Harry Potter Series is 1,084,170 words. She's doubled that.

Over 7 years, she's averaged 3 novels worth a year here. She's written 1/7 of the entire forums combined.

(I had to revise this, after adding in another 2 novels worth in private messages, where she's helped countless vidders one-on-one with their problems.)

That's 22 novels of loving video reviews, informative and helpful posts to new vidders, tireless work in the Council, and her always-effervescent presence as a friend to us all. Aislynn has given more to us as a community than anyone could ever express. She's been there for us whenever anyone needed a helping hand, an intelligent opinion, or an amazing friend. Aislynn has helped make LVI a site with a friendly community of real people - something very rare and treasured on the internet. She has shaped the spirit of this site more than any of us, filling it with the friendliness and fun she puts into every one of her posts.

Despite leading the site for five years, she's retained that same honest, humble persona that we've always loved about her. Even now she refers to herself in the technical "administrator", when really she's been so much more. Though Aislynn may not have started this site, for five years as leader she's been its heart and soul.

LVI will always be in debt to what Aislynn has given us. She's been an amazing admin, beautiful vidder, capable leader, and true friend. She will be missed.

But LVI isn't only one person, and it gets to live on with new leadership. I've known Heather as far back as I've known Aislynn, and I can safely say that if there's one person who can live up to Aislynn's legacy it's her. Heather has dedicated so much to this site in her time here, she's made more videos than many of us combined and has always helped out her fellow vidders. Back when I was active here, Heather was always someone I could count on. She proved to me then what a friendly, kind, and capable leader she could be. Since then she's been working on the Council with Aislynn the entire time Ais was admin, and more than earned her role as Site Leader. I can't wait to see the direction she and the rest of the Council takes this site in the coming years. Whatever the future holds, I know LVI is in good hands.

Aislynn, you are incredible. Thanks for keeping the dream alive. Heather, congrats - we couldn't ask for a better new site leader.

-Warren, your friendly neighborhood Webmaster
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!! Its like the end of an ERA! I actually got really teary eyed when I read this Ais! I wish you and your family all the best and I hope that I will still get to talk to you from time to time! Thanks for helping make LVI such an amazing experience for me!!

PS Heather you are awesome too! Good luck with your new job and congrats!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn, It's so sad to see you go, and I hope to see you around here as time permits. However, family always comes first, so you take care of whatever you need to and know that we all support you and are here for you no matter what! I just want to thank you for all the times you've helped me out, and just how amazingly kind you are too everyone. You are so amazing, Aislynn.

Heather, you've always been quite awesome yourself, and I think you'll do a great job as the new admin! So congrats!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*lol*
Warren, you're just made of awesome!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, shows how much I've not been in the loop to miss this...

First of all, gutted that you're stepping down Ais, but completely understand why. You've been the very heart of LVI, what's kept it alive along with the other CMs and vidders. You are completely beloved here and I hope you do keep popping in whenever you can.

Secondly, I know Heather will do an excellent job keeping this site going Amazing choice there. I think it speaks a lot for this site that we have a system of dedicated and loyal people who love this place enough to want to keep it afloat.

I hope you stay in touch *hugs* I really will miss seeing you pop up so often but I guess that's life. All the best.

namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AIs, Please know Im praying for you and your family!

You have made me feel so at home and you are a very special person.

There comes a time in everyone life when hard decisions have to be made, and please know you have made a difference in many peoples lives. You will be missed, but I know the site is in VERY good hands!!! Thanks Heather....
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn, I'm sorry to hear that you and you're family is having some illness, and I hope all is well soon. I know we don't talk, but I think you truly are a great person from what I've read here and you will be missed! *hugs*

Heather, congrats on being the Admin! *hug* You'll do great, and you deserve it!

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much!!! Yall are so kind.

Warren, wow, that post is totally epic. You totally showcased just how awesome Ais is!!! And thank you very much for your wonderful words.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work Warren, couldn't have said it better

Ais, we're losing a legend with you stepping down and you will be terribly missed!

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Heather. Congrats!

Sorry to see you go Ais.. and sad to hear you have such bad news in your family *hug*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: