Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Calamitous Fate || Lost (Jate)" by eloramoon (Lo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: "Calamitous Fate || Lost (Jate)" by eloramoon (Lo Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Calamitous Fate || Lost (Jate)" 07-11-2011
July 2011 contest submission. Jack and Kate shared a calamitous fate, but their relationship was epic.
Fandom: Lost
Song: Protectors of the Earth by Two Steps From Hell
Vidder: eloramoon
Length: 3:07 (69.23 WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwHF0bf37b0
http://www.mediafire.com/?2sne7bgp1vozfpr

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Calamitous Fate || Lost (Jate) by eloramoon Reply with quote

The beginning was so great; showing them as they were kids and what they were running away from, and then the plain crash. Great idea. The transitions were awesome, showing the great Jate scenes. :Wink: I also loved how you used the audio. I enjoyed the beat use; you really captured the Jate story. THIS WAS EPIC. Awww the ending. So beautiful Julia!!! I also loved the overlay.
DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Calamitous Fate || Lost (Jate) by eloramoon Reply with quote

Wow! That was pretty epic Julia! Loved how you handled all the voice overs and how you showed their whole relationship from beginning to end. It all looked really pro. Great vid!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Calamitous Fate || Lost (Jate) by eloramoon Reply with quote

Julia, that was a beautiful vid.I loved the parallels with them as kids.The overlays and effects were fantastic.The audio you chose was perfect.I loved that you showed the epicness of Jate. That's what I loved about this pairing. Your song choice was great, even the title was of the song fits Jate so well since Jack's ultimate role was protector of the island. Good luck in the contest!
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Calamitous Fate || Lost (Jate) by eloramoon Reply with quote

Julia-This makes me miss them so much!!! I loved how the clips flowed seamlessly with the music. The relationship was Epic for sure, but the more I think about everything. Im glad it all happened the way it did!!!! Great Job my dear!!!!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate and Jack were/are such an epic couple and your vid was epic too! You picked all the perfect audio and scenes! I got chills! I love how it was in chronological order too! It was lots of fun to watch! I LOVED IT!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Calamitous Fate || Lost (Jate) by eloramoon Reply with quote

This was a fantastic video! Jate were pretty epic, and the video showed what was so epic about them!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:56 am    Post subject: Calamitous Fate || Lost (Jate) by eloramoon Reply with quote

WOW, Julia, that was an amazing video!!! I love how you told the whole Jate story in chronological order, and the editing was flawless!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Calamitous Fate || Lost (Jate) by eloramoon Reply with quote

This is excellent!! Perfect for the contest!! I loved this Julia. I liked your beat use and I enjoyed how you managed to tell Jack and Kate's story from start to end. Brilliant Fab job!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Calamitous Fate || Lost (Jate) by eloramoon Reply with quote

This is excellent!! Perfect for the contest!! I loved this Julia. I liked your beat use and I enjoyed how you managed to tell Jack and Kate's story from start to end. Brilliant Fab job!
Fishbiscuits42
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Calamitous Fate || Lost (Jate) by eloramoon Reply with quote

Oh My! Your video was really really really good. I just about settle on being a Skate fan and a video like this comes along and I'm pulled back into the wonder that was and always will be Jate.I like the powerful music ,beat use and effects. Great Video.
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Calamitous Fate || Lost (Jate) by eloramoon Reply with quote

Oh WOW, Julia! I adored this!! It had such an epic feeling to it!!! I really liked how you went from the very beginning, right to the very end in chronological order. It was so perfect and I was gripped the whole way through! Amazing work!!
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Calamitous Fate || Lost (Jate) by eloramoon Reply with quote

Wow, this is amazing, Julia! I really like that you used an instrumental song and you did such a good job with it! The overlays were great and the audio you chose was perfect!
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just got added to my YouTube favorites!

As a diehard Jater (they're my OTP too - it was between them and MSR and Tony/Michelle from 24 for a while, but Lost was my first fandom and Jate was my first "real" ship since like 90210 lol). Jate has captured me ever since the Pilot - I remember the exact moment I started shipping them (even before I knew what "shipping" was) - in the cockpit, when Kate crawled over and Jack held her to him as the monster roared outside. I just remember thinking "Wow."

Anyway. -coughs- Back to your vid. What I love best was a) the epic music, b) the VOs you chose, and c) how you kept a fast pace and managed to fit in so many great Jate scenes. Most Jate vids (mine included) kind of gloss over the show and usually use the same moments over and over...this used the classics but also lesser-known scenes and it really showed the progression of their relationship! It really was like a testimonial of what it is to be a Jater.

On the technical side, I wish the clips had been HD (I have trouble finding HD Jate clips too - esp. for older seasons). That's the only thing! I kind of like that you didn't go crazy on the coloring. It's nice just to see their faces! And I love the transitions - did you just insert crossover fades or do overlay or how did you do that? I am trying to challenge myself to move behind "fade to black" over and over. I love that you faded them together to keep up the pace and show that it was literally a progression.

Great work!!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Calamitous Fate || Lost (Jate) by eloramoon Reply with quote

Thanks everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: