Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rapidshare...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
torrie
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Rapidshare... Reply with quote

I dunno if it's me or what, but every time I try to download a clip from Rapidshare, it tells me the download session has expired. It's very frustrating because I've found loads of clips that are eactly what I'm looking for, but I haven't been able to download them!

Does anyone know what the problem might be or have any solutions? I really would be grateful 'cos it seems like a lot of people upload to Rapidshare but it really doesn't seem to like me ...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it asks you to wait an alloted time, a counter starts going down when you click a link. Then you have to enter a code and you can download it but make sure you don't leave it too long else it expires.
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I get to the bit where you put in the code, but that's as far as I ever get ... I've tried it with loads of different clips but I never get to the actual download!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you capitalise the letters if they are capitalised for the code.. that's the only other thing I have to advise you. Hope you get it workin'
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The code seems to go through okay, but then it comes up with something like "download invalid" and gives possible reasons as the download session expiring or something about IP addresses.

I'll keep trying but it's just very frustrating because I'm working on a vid at the min. and it seems like I'm constantly coming up against a brick wall - it's hard enough finding the right clips, but it's almost worse finding them and not being able to use them!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gut instinct: Did you try clearing your cookies? Rapidshare may think that you're on a cookie that you're actually not on anymore. Instructions here.
torrie
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounded promising, but no joy - thanks anyway though! Back to the drawing board ...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same thing here, it is so annoying
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I despise Rapidshare.

Actually, it's one of many reasons... but this is one of them!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
luvforsawyer
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Try this... Reply with quote

torrie wrote:
The code seems to go through okay, but then it comes up with something like "download invalid" and gives possible reasons as the download session expiring or something about IP addresses.

I'll keep trying but it's just very frustrating because I'm working on a vid at the min. and it seems like I'm constantly coming up against a brick wall - it's hard enough finding the right clips, but it's almost worse finding them and not being able to use them!

Hey...
I've had that problem a couple times myself and I think I know what it is. You have to make sure you enter the code as soon as it appears. I don't know about you, but I usually have other windows open that I'm working in while the timer winds down and then don't always see it right away when the code shows up. If you make sure you enter it as soon as the code shows up, it should work.

If you have the problem again, you could also try going back and refreshing the page. That should let you try again.

Hope that helps!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also can be a problem with your Internet Service Provider. If you're using AOL for example, you can't get Rapidshare to work right. It does something like lumping ALL AOL users in as one user and so therefore "you" are almost always over your download limit!

You can get around that by using Firefox. It's a free browser, very easy to use and can sometimes get you places that IE just can't seem to go... You can keep your existing browser and use whichever one that suits your purpose best at the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: