Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

S2E21 - "?" Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: S2E21 - "?" Episode Discussion Reply with quote

Talk about today's new episode. From this point on beware of spoilers of aired material! Airs 9:00 PM Eastern.

S2E21 - "?"
Mr. Eko enlists Locke to help find a secret location he believes houses answers to the island's mysteries. Meanwhile, Jack and the other survivors struggle to cope with the horrific situation in the hatch.

Spoiler-Text procedures:
Material that has not been aired (eg. From the next ep) POST IN WHITE TEXT
Material that has aired, but you want to screen for whatever reason: POST IN YELLOW TEXT

A mislabeled spoiler text can be worse than none at all. We'll be editing for this, so consider it your fair warning!

(p.s. sorry for the lateness of this. I'm confused who's supposed to be doing these anymore)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed that ep, even though it had no punch to it and was oh so fast... I can't believe they... they...
OH MY GOD! THEY KILLED LIBBY! YOU B******S!

mixed about Locke in this one. I'm glad to finally see him have somewhat of a breakdown over what he's been holding in all season, and to see Eko reinspire him. It's so true, Locke's whole drive has just been destroyed this season, when all he had was a button to push. No more "You're special Locke" stuff

Those flashback connections just bug me. I'm not wowed, I'm not impressed (even with some would-be shock, like Claire is Jack's sister, or that whole psychic thing was just to steal her baby.) Please, please, let the finale be some huge "GASP! THAT"S WHAT THOSE FLASHBACKS ARE THERE FOR!" thing that finally brings to a head all these stupid connections. If not, then I will personally start the "Down With Flashbacks Committee"

I wish we had the entire episode just to explore the Pearl lol.

Why are all these little buggers so run-down anyway, yet still supplied with power, and not properly shut-down? Odd.

Last edited by Hobbes on Thu May 11, 2006 4:59 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DaisyAdair
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you about Locke, it was nice to see him actually be human.
Hmmm The Pearl...interesting
NO MORE HUBBY....Poor guy
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, let me get my notes together here:

1.) The "new" hatch reminded me either of a really bad late 90's art exhibit (all the TV's) or like Riven or Myst...perhaps LOST is just a live action MYST with supermodels???

2.) A.) AGAIN! My only solace in Locke's cryptic statement about Boone was Eko looked disguisted. Okay even if Locke THOUGHT that, WHY does he have to say it out loud? Was the dream Locke/Eko falling, was that supposed to be like Boone?
B.) I laughed out loud when Locke said "Okay yeah following a dream" all saracastic to Eko- WHAT??? Is he going to be a total hypocrite now?

3.) One of the guys in the Dharma video looked like Peter Jackson.

4.) I thought the printed sheets were going to say "ALL WORK AND NO WALT MAKE MICHAEL A CRAZY BOY".

5.) Michael= evil face

6.) The little tubes- like being in a bank! Somehow, they are going to figure out how to fit someone in one of those little tubes.

7.) Durhay about the button. Senior Psych.

8.) Thought that maybe they would have a tape of the shooting, like a convenience store.

9.) Must agree with Daisy- seriously guys, if the flashbacks are not very relevant, dont feel you MUST use them. Its okay, we dont care.

10.) Even still, Boone still holds the torch for the most painful, slow death.

11.) And as for next week: GO SAYID!!! You are quickly becoming one of my favorite characters/bullshit detector. I think regardless of his whole background, being there has taught him to spot a liar way better than he could before. Libby appaearing is going to be in someone's dream, or flashback.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

1.) The "new" hatch reminded me either of a really bad late 90's art exhibit (all the TV's) or like Riven or Myst...perhaps LOST is just a live action MYST with supermodels???

MYST RULES!

Quote:

2.) A.) AGAIN! My only solace in Locke's cryptic statement about Boone was Eko looked disguisted. Okay even if Locke THOUGHT that, WHY does he have to say it out loud? Was the dream Locke/Eko falling, was that supposed to be like Boone?

I know what you mean... very cryptic. I mean, if they're going to force what he's thinking on us, at least make it something that couldn't be interpretted either way.
Quote:

Quote:
4.) I thought the printed sheets were going to say "ALL WORK AND NO WALT MAKE MICHAEL A CRAZY BOY".
LMAO
8.) Thought that maybe they would have a tape of the shooting, like a convenience store.

Never thought of that okay now you can rest assured they will.. at some point.
Quote:
10.) Even still, Boone still holds the torch for the most painful, slow death.

Aislynn was right. Libby did pull a Boone

Oh, and the spoiler text: white. Making it yellow means someone who has seen this ep will think they can read it safely will read and.... GASP! Spoilers of next episode!?
We COULD just eliminate the "courtesy" current-ep spoilers altogether, but too many people seem to use them... and they're kinda useful for the vital, vital info, like deaths.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that the ep completly astounded me for once and it takes a lot to do that. I don't think its sunk in yet but I think it had been suggested they were being monitored. The flashbacks were kinda random. I loved the dream sequences though. The connection with the psychic was cool though. He is maybe working for Dharma cause why would he tell Claire to go on the flight if he wasn't a real psychic. I think the Hanso/Dharma scientists cured his daughter with one of their procedures and that was payment to work for them or help or something. This really needs to sink in first before I say anything else but I do believe it was an awesome ep overall.

I feel so sorry for Locke. I wanted him to believe in the island again. I hope that after the finale Locke will be nearer to his faith again.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
3.) One of the guys in the Dharma video looked like Peter Jackson.

LOL. That bearded guy? I didn't notice. He just looked like some 70's hippie dude. When I think of Peter Jackson, I still think of the old fat Santa Claus he used to be.

Rocksiren wrote:

LMAO!! Ahh, now that was funny.

I really liked this episode. Things weren't slow anymore, we were really getting places. I didn't like the way Locke was acting this episode though. He seemed really b*tchy and out of character for him, like the writers were actually writing for Jack, Sayid or Sawyer, or some other snotty-acting rational person, and then put Locke's name on it. I can see why Terry is so frustrated. And don't get me started with the hypocritical complex.

Poor Hurley.

Looks like it's gonna get more and more interesting... get this. In an article, I don't remember where, J.J. Abrams was quoted saying that the "Challah" (codename for the big twist in this season finale), was the best ending he'd ever heard of. Okay. Like, um, J.J is like, GOD... so I'm taking a guess that this must be... in lack of a better word...wow.

Be prepared.

sig by IslandofMystery
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I didn't like the way Locke was acting this episode though. He seemed really b*tchy and out of character for him, like the writers were actually writing for Jack, Sayid or Sawyer, or some other snotty-acting rational person, and then put Locke's name on it.

Well, seeing as how the only point to his "miserable little life" had just evaporated when he learned that the button really was just there to screw with him and everything he'd hoped for of him being on the island for a reason was completely gone, I think he had perfect justification to be a little bitchey. In fact, I expected a bit more of a blow-up after watching him over the past eps. There was some buildup there.
DaisyAdair
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else think that Locke and Eko were going to somehow see the shooting in the "swan" hatch on the tv in the pearl?
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Did anyone else think that Locke and Eko were going to somehow see the shooting in the "swan" hatch on the tv in the pearl?

Actually I first told my brother that it'd be really freaky is the girl from The Ring came out of there. Lol. But I wasn't worried, because I knew Eko could kick her ass.

Quote:
7.) Durhay about the button. Senior Psych.

Yay, senior Psych! I'm also thinking that the whole this is another Milgram experiment. See to what extent people will follow orders just because someone is giving them.

I loved the Boone mention. RIP, Boone.

I actually kind of liked Locke's bitchy personality here. Sure, it was a little out of character, but I think he's starting to realize enough's enough. He's just so tired of not knowing what to believe in...

And, yes, poor Hurley. I wanted to cry with him over Libby's dead body.

And a little question I have. If Michael's cover story was that he was sleeping and was awakened by the sound of bullets, how did Libby know about Michael being supposedly "hurt," in that case. Wouldn't she have already been unconcious? Didn't Jack put two and two together?

And, hell yes, I was smiling like crazy when the preview had Sayid questioning Michael's story! Ever since "One of Them," Sayid's been one of my favorite characters. Like Rocksiren said, go Sayid!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else want to know what Sayid was digging?

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was okay. I totally called the whole number punching thing as an experiement...along with several other people on the board too! Woohoo! We rock!

Sawyer He had no choice but to be a nice guy this ep. See, he does have a heart!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
Anybody else want to know what Sayid was digging?

graves I suspect.
Quote:
It was okay. I totally called the whole number punching thing as an experiement...along with several other people on the board too! Very Happy Woohoo! We rock!

The interesting thing is we still don't know if the numbers actually do anything or not. All the Pearl's Orientation said was that the people there thought what they were doing was of the utmost importance. Sure, it gets the psychological experiment in place, but that doesn't mean the button does nothing either. They could have the exact same experiement, except with the numbers doing something, and it wouldn't affect the outcome of the psychological experiment anyway
J@cKiE23
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first off i thought that episode was really good
but, i was a little confused.

when Eko stood on the cliff and looked down, what was it exactly that he saw? was it a question mark or was it a circle? i saw a circle but my brother saw a question mark (and a question mark would make more sense) but i just didn't see it.
did i do the color thing right? - did i have to make that yellow or could i have left it black?
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a day after the e aired, I think it's fine to leave a normal color.

Only things at this point that should bespoil-colored are the mega-spoilers like Libby's death. Wouldn't wanna ruin it for someone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: