Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Locke/Jack vid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lúthien

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Locke/Jack vid Reply with quote

-Hey,guys!
Yesterday I heard a song that I think is perfect for a Locke/Jack vid. It's "Are you ready?" by Creed, check out the lyrics:

Hey, Mr. Seeker
Hold on to this advice
If you keep seeking you will find
Don't want to follow
Down roads been walked before
It's so hard to find unopened doors
Are you ready? Are you ready? For what's to come
OH i say, are you ready? are you ready? for what's to come

Hey, Mr. Hero
Walking a thin, fine line
Under the microscope of life
Remember your roots, my friend
They're right down below
'Cause heroes come and heroes go
are you ready? are you ready? for what's to come
oh i say are you ready? are you ready? for what's to come

Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one
Count down to the change in life that's soon to come
Your life has just begun
ten nine eight seven six five four three two one
count down to the change in life that's soon to come
you life has just begun life has just begun life has just begun life has just
begun
are you ready? are you ready? for what's to come?
oh i say are you ready? are you ready? for what's to come?

Possible suggestions about lyrics and how those words are related to the scenes from "Lost":
-Obviously, Mr. Seeker would be Locke and Mr. Hero would be Jack
-"If you keep seeking you will find"-it could be a reference to Locke meeting Eko and the two of them putting together the pieces of the vid from the hatch...., you know, destiny thing
-"Don't want to follow /down roads been walked before"- a metaphorical reference to Locke not wanting to end up in a wheelchair again or get screwed by somebody (remember his daddy...)
-"Walking a thin, fine line under the microscope of life"- it's about Jack and his decisions being questioned first by his father and now, by Locke, and from time to time by other Losties. What I mean is: most of the time Jack was criticized by his dad and now he proved him wrong, that is, he's a leader.Thus, you never know what life has in store for you. Nevertheless, Jack's decisions are still questioned...
- there where it says "heroes come and heroes go" you could put the scene when Jack was trying to save Boone, but he couldn't. And after all, Boone died because he stayed in that small plane trying to contact somebody, and that makes him a hero

Sorry for all these details. I have this vid (and some others...) in my mind, but I don't have my own computer and my knowledge about video making is limited. I hope somebody makes this vid, and if not, good luck and I'll still enjoy watching your vids. Happy holidays!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This intrigues me I may just take it, hold on while I try and get a copy of the song to hear it though. Really nice find! I wish I'd found it first
You should consider vidding it though, it really isn't that hard. All you need to do is download some episodes, and you basically have all you need. You seem to definitely have the symbolism and effort to make a video good under way already, which is more than many vidders can claim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need a copy of this song, Warren, I actually have it! *huge gasp from the entire Internet* Though you've probably already found it by now. BUT if not, then let me know and I'll upload it for you, hm?

~Aislynn
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*GASPS*

this sounds like a great request.... the lyrics seem to match Locke/Jack perfectly

I hope you do it Warren Lúthien your request will be in safe hands
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got it downloaded, but I'm kinda iffy with ti now. Those lyrics fit so well, but the song is a little bland to me. If I was to do this, it'd have to wait until I finish my next couple, so that'd probably take a few months So anyone who wants to take this one it's up for grabs again! I may still go for it if nobody else does by the time I'm done my list.

I still think you should do it Lúthien
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Locke/Jack vid Reply with quote

Lúthien wrote:
Sorry for all these details. I have this vid (and some others...) in my mind, but I don't have my own computer and my knowledge about video making is limited.

Not having a computer is, of course, the main hindrance to being able to make vids! But I totally agree with Warren, you've certainly got the understanding of how to connect the lyrics and the clips without even the benefit of being able to try first! Hopefully, it won't be long before you can get the set-up you need. Then I have no doubt that we'll start seeing some truly lovely vids from you!

Off-topic a bit, let me take a wild guess that, given your username, you're a LotR fan?

~Aislynn
Lúthien

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your support guys! I heard that song only twice, but I immediately related the lyrics to Lost. It's ok if you think that the song is a little bit bland, it didn't actually blow my mind either, but I do love the lyrics and how it's all related to Locke and Jack. I don't even listen to Creed to be honest (not that I have anything against the group), but this morning a friend of mine played me some of their songs, and in my opinion, there are one or two that could be used for ensemble vids- most of all because of the lyrics.

Now, I don't remember "Are u ready" very well, but if it was me making that vid (not to mention if I had any vidding skills), I would probably edit little bit that slower part of the song (I think it's there where it says "ten, nine", etc.) so that the vid would mantain its pace- I don't know, just a thought... Usually Creed songs are longer, so those who have experience with editing (and I've noticed that there are some very talented vidders), could do a good job.

The funny thing is that a couple of songs that I have in mind and that I would (probably) use for making Lost vids aren't actually made by artists that I usually listen to, I'm not even completely sure that I like those songs... However, I've always been attracted to the idea of taking something ordinary and turning it into something, let's say powerful. That's why I love this (sometimes very subtile) connection that music and films/series have. Music can change the whole perception that you have of a character for example, and a person on screen and their actions can turn a song or even just a simple melody into something meaningful.

And to answer Aislynn's question, Lúthien is a name taken from LOTR books. My best friend was a huge LOTR fan for years, long before the movies came out, and since we haven't seen each other in 5 years, I use this name because it reminds me of her.

By the way, I'm not a native English speaker so sorry for any spelling or vocabulary mistakes...
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a fan of Creed so I would like to see it sounds good!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lúthien, I think you just essentailly summed up what every good vidder feels in their hearts, and what every vidder should strive for. Are you absolutely sure there's no way you could do this yourself? Because from theory alone you sound fantastic and sometimes that's all you really need. The vidding "skills" just grow with experience.
Oh, and your English is impeccable. Probably a lot better than mine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: