Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Enjoy the Show ~ love ensemble" by eloramoon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: "Enjoy the Show ~ love ensemble" by eloramoon Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Enjoy the Show ~ love ensemble" 03-03-2010
February 2010 contest submission ~ Theres a lot of love and friendship on Lost island. Here are some of my favorite happy scenes.
Song: The Show by Lenka
Vidder: eloramoon
Length: 4:20 (128 MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu7nlo4_nrE
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng77g60arxqwa8l

Last edited by eloramoon on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:18 am; edited 2 times in total
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Enjoy the Show ~ love ensemble by eloramoon Reply with quote

Aw, that was fantastic, Julia! It made me smile soo much. ^^ I loved how you started with the pilot and went all the way through season five. The audio bits you chose were great, too!
blackwolf1480
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Enjoy the Show ~ love ensemble by eloramoon Reply with quote

This made me warm inside I like how the word Lost is covered by Love. You did a good job of covering all of the happy moments of the show.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Enjoy the Show ~ love ensemble by eloramoon Reply with quote

Very nice.Your video made me smile.You included some great scenes I'd forgotten about,Sayid and Hurley's first meeting,Jin and Bernards fishing trip,etc.I also liked that you showed that even Vincent had some happy moments.Good luck in the contest.
klost004
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww this video made me happy!! i'm usually not crazy about borders that are jazzed up on videos b/c it takes away from the video itself...but i really loved yours...it was artsy...and it went well with the video...i love Lost/ve too - that was cute and clever! great clips choices and awesome vid!!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Enjoy the Show ~ love ensemble by eloramoon Reply with quote

Thanks everyone! It was really fun putting it together... not what I'd had in mind at all, but it just kind of happened this way and I really liked it. My mom loves the song and she loves the happy moments, so she really championed me through it. I should have dedicated it to her. Doh!!! XD
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Enjoy the Show ~ love ensemble by eloramoon Reply with quote

This is so adorable! Great song, and I love every clip you used.
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Enjoy the Show ~ love ensemble by eloramoon Reply with quote

Oh this was sooo soooo cute! The border you used was absolutely brilliantly adorable! The song was overflowing in cuteness, I liked it a lot! Great clip choices and audio choices, showing all of the happiness and lovey moments of Lost and hehe some funny audio bits in there from the show! I really loved this, it was soooo sweet! Good luck in the contest!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Enjoy the Show ~ love ensemble by eloramoon Reply with quote

That was so cute, Julia! The border was beautiful! Love the "love/lost" text on it xD Loved the audio choices and the scenes you chose made me smile. Really sweet! Lovely job
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Enjoy the Show ~ love ensemble by eloramoon Reply with quote

Thanks everyone!

This is my first silver in 10 videos, so I'm stinging a little right now.

If anyone else happens to watch, please feel free to give honest concrit and let me know what you didn't like, what you think I did wrong, and what I could have done better.

(((HUGS)))
supermander11
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Enjoy the Show ~ love ensemble by eloramoon Reply with quote

I actually really liked this vid, you showed the happier scenes from lost really well, and I thought your beat use was actually very nice even though you used some long scenes. For example, I really liked at 0:29 when claire put jin's hand on her stomach to the beat. The only criticism I have is that I didn't really like some of the transitions you used. I don't really like cheesy transitions like the page roll thing, but i guess some people do so its not a big deal. Anyway, really great vid!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'm so glad you noticed the clips where there's an action to the beat. I knew since my clips were longer I needed to take advantage of stuff like that, so I was careful to work stuff like that in. Like Sawyer catching the apple on the beat, Juliet blinking on the beat, Kate's waterfall jump on the beat.

Thanks for your thoughts on the transitions, too. I think in a more serious vid I wouldn't have used something like the page roll, but I can definitely see how it could make a video look kind of cheesy.

I really appreciate your concrit! (((HUGS)))
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a really beautiful border/texture and I loved the Lost/ve part! You picked not only so many of my favorite scenes but they're ones we haven't seen in quite a while. The song was a great choice, too! I really enjoyed it a bunch, lovely work!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was very sweet Julia! And I didn't see anything wrong with your editing. The only thing I can think of as to why it got some silvers was maybe it was too happy...haha. Which I know is the whole point of the contest! But I'm a drama/angst girl and that's what keeps me really interested and although you used great scenes and edited them well to the music I found myself getting bored half way through and I don't think that is anything you could have helped. I think it just comes down to the opinion of the viewer. I didn't mind your transitions. I think they fit with the mood of the vid and my favorite part was the scene with Claire and Jin...it made me giggle unexpectedly out loud.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww, that was so great Julia! so nice to see the funny moments that aren't just bloopers the Claire/Jin one is one of my fave moments! Jin's face when he feels the kick is so cute and the coffee ConMama scene another fave of mine beautiful job; good luck in the contest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: