Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LVI 5.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original plan was for it to take 2 - 4 weeks before 5.0 was ready to be unveiled. However, if it's any comfort, you can see a little bit of it in action on the forum boards... Several sections have been renamed/revamped a bit and several old sticky or announcement threads that are no longer relevent have been unstickied so to help reduce the clutter. (Don't worry, though, the threads are still in the same section, just filed in by the date of their last post with all the other threads. They can also be found by the Former Sticky Thread Index at the top of each section.)

So, the times, they are a-changin'! Or should that be "the LVI, it is a-changin'?" Thanks so much for all of your continued patience! It shouldn't be too terribly much longer now!

wolffootball37 wrote:
sorry i really dont mean to be annoying

Not annoying at all! We want everybody to be excited and chomping at the bit for LVI to be back up and running at full steam!
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
The original plan was for it to take 2 - 4 weeks before 5.0 was ready to be unveiled. However, if it's any comfort, you can see a little bit of it in action on the forum boards... Several sections have been renamed/revamped a bit and several old sticky or announcement threads that are no longer relevent have been unstickied so to help reduce the clutter. (Don't worry, though, the threads are still in the same section, just filed in by the date of their last post with all the other threads. They can also be found by the Former Sticky Thread Index at the top of each section.)

So, the times, they are a-changin'! Or should that be "the LVI, it is a-changin'?" Thanks so much for all of your continued patience! It shouldn't be too terribly much longer now!

wolffootball37 wrote:
sorry i really dont mean to be annoying

Not annoying at all! We want everybody to be excited and chomping at the bit for LVI to be back up and running at full steam!

Thanks Aislynn. Ill tell you, this has to be the friendliest community ive been too, ive totally felt at home from he moment i joined, no one treated me like a "noob" or anything, everyone has shown me and anyone else that was new the upmost respect. (sorry ive just seen allot of forums, non lost related where people just totally bash a new person for mistakes as simple as spelling) I greatly appreciate it from everyone.
Manon
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum just ROCKS!!! Can't wait to see and experience the new lostvideo.net !
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously cant wait, GO ALL THE CM'S WHO MUST BEING WORKING THEIR ASSES OFF RIGHT NOW TO DO THIS FOR US! I think the democracy sounds really interesting. xxx

Last edited by VPnymph on Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
starsweetjunkie
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh cool! This should be interesting!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When can we put out vids up? I've just made a new one, and I really wanna get it up!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can make a topic in the Spam Forum for now, but you'll have to wait for 5.0 to open before you can do the real submitting I'm afraid.

And Wolf, Manon, Jack_has_no_chance, and Starsweet : you are too kind lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Izzy94
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer!
Izzy94
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys roughly know when the site's back-up?

I dont know whether to submit it straight away...cause there'll be hundreds goin up, and no-one will see it
dayln03
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question. I don't know if I'm supposed to ask it here or not.
And I'm just curious is all, if you submitted a vid before the site went into renovation and it still said 'judging in process', when the site comes back up, do those vids kinda just, not get anything. Because I'm sure you guys are going to be soo swamped with everyone submitting new vids now that it's back up. Plus, are you still even going to do CP's and stuff like that?

If what i'm asking is like too much information for you to give, then I understand. I don't mean to be nosey or anything. I was just thinkin out loud.

--KC's Wife! --
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dayln03 wrote:
I have a question. I don't know if I'm supposed to ask it here or not.
And I'm just curious is all, if you submitted a vid before the site went into renovation and it still said 'judging in process', when the site comes back up, do those vids kinda just, not get anything. Because I'm sure you guys are going to be soo swamped with everyone submitting new vids now that it's back up. Plus, are you still even going to do CP's and stuff like that?

If what i'm asking is like too much information for you to give, then I understand. I don't mean to be nosey or anything. I was just thinkin out loud.

Don't worry, when the site went down that was just to the public. The council still had plenty of time to vote on all the remaining videos, and they'll be up and ready to go with any new awards they might have won . And as far as CPs in 5.0 go - they will be there, but they may be a bit different than what they once were. I think you'll be happy with the outcome, but I can't say anything more

As far as when the site will be up hmmm... We've always been shooting for the beginning of April as launch day, but I would expect a little later at this point.
If it takes longer, then you'll know it's because we're trying to make things perfect, and they aren't quite there yet. We've got a lot going into 5.0, and we need to make sure it's all working right before releasing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo... its offically been a month, since 5.0 was announced.....any...news?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol that it has

Well, I am pretty-much completely done implementing stuff. Now it is just testing things to make sure we won't have some major problems . I have high hopes for finishing this week... but... we'll see

Things have kinda taken so long because it turns out when E said "visual redesign!" he really meant it . I think you'll be quite happy with the final result

(can you believe all this information I'm giving?! And you didn't even have to hunt for it! )
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOOOOOOORing.

Hehehe

No I'm kidding. PLEASE! NO MORE CLUES!
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh can't wait

bet it will be great
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 12 of 23

Jump to: