Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"A Little at a Time" by dayln03
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: "A Little at a Time" by dayln03 Reply with quote

"A Little at a Time" 02-18-2007
When Kate ends her marraige with Jack, she unknowingly sends both their lives crashing down
Song: Whiskey Lullaby by Allison Krauss and Brad Paisley
Vidder: dayln03
Length: 3:53 (18.8MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9STqVSYyYpE
http://www.zshare.net/video/whiskey-lullaby-final-wmv.html

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouTube is still acting like a twit at this time (doing the "your video is processing" thing ) but the zshare link works just fine. If you end up needing to take this YouTube link down and replace it with a different one or anything like that, you're welcome to PM me (or the Council Member of your choice ) the new link and we'll be glad to swap it out.

That all said, wow, that was an amazingly effective vid! It was soooooooo sad! I mean, I'm not one to usually cry over a Jate vid but that was just *sniff* And that shot of Jack where his eyes were so dark and he looked positively skeletal????? That rawked! (Uh, not in a good way for Jack, of course, but you know what I mean... )

Extremely well done! Very convincing AU! *SNIFF*
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that was... well... like, by FAAAR the best Jate vid I've seen.
Sooo sad!
It was perfect - every clip, every word, every effect. And the wedding AU clips were stunning.
I'm really, really impressed by this. Mindblowing, is all I can say. Great choice of a song, and a great story. You told it so beautifully.
If you don't get a Gold CP for this one I'm gonna... well, cry a little more I guess.

Great, great, fantastic vid!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh My GOD That was INCREADIABLE. The effects, the story, the song everything. Really amazingly excecuted video!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dayln! Stop! You're incredible. I had to FIGHT back the tears! You should see me! I'm a mess!!!!!!

Whyyyyyy!?!?!?!?!

I'll be back when I can form sentences.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dayln.. i'm kinda lost for words right now But i'll try my best.

That was breathtaking! Possibly your best vid. Every clip was just perfect as were the voice overs.

It made me all emotional! With vidders like you, Jaters can get through the Skate and be hopeful for however long it takes.

Brilliant job sweetie!

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Stardael
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my... *catches breath* That was INCREDIBLE!! So sad, but so amazing! Not only did you tell a great story, but you did it with such visual brilliance! (Hope that made sense ) Awesome, awesome job on this!
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!!

That was just, Wow! Totally amazing!
But you've got me in tears right now! That was just so moving and so sad.
You even made Aislynn cry! How dare you do this to us?!?!

Seriously though I thought that was fantastic even though you made me cry.
I agree with Elle, I think that this could be your best vid yet!
The clips, effects, voiceovers, everything was so amazing! I'm so in awe right now!

Nice work!
I'm off to watch this one again!

PS - Damn Youtube!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dayln03
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn - Right, youtube is being soooooo weird lately. It won't let me view the comments or anything and it still says i can't view it because i just uploaded it, even though i did it yesterday. Urg....whatever. ANYWAY! Thank you! Those clips of Jack looking like that were unintentional but I'm glad you like the way they turned out!

meandi - Best? Hardly, but thank you! I appreciate it! Don't cry!

wolffootball37 - THANK YOU! Ahhh I've yet to comment on your video...I swear I'll get to it, I really will *cross my heart and hope to die*

SuperKC - KC!! Don't fight, let them come let them come! *hugs*

IntoTheVoid - Oh gosh, thank you so much! I'm glad it made you emotional, I mean i dont' want you to be sad, but I'm glad the vid did what it was supposed to. It's very relieving to know that I can pull of a Jate vid, I've been straying lately and I was worried it wouldn't have the effect it was supposed to. But Thank you! *loves you*

Stardael -
Quote:
*catches breath*
...haha..*hands you inhaler*....you made sense, and you made me smile! Thank you, the story was important to me, but sometimes i get so caught up in trying to chose clips to tell the story that i forget about making it look good, so I'm so happy it did! Thank you my dear

LOSTOnAnIsland - Awww...thanks! I didn't mean to make anyone cry! Honestly.....even Aislynn...man..sorrrrrry! It's okay though, it ended kinda happy right?? It means so much to me that you think it's my best because I worked really hard on it!! Don't cry anymore *hugs*

Quote:
PS - Damn Youtube!
OMG I KNOW RIGHT?!! Arrgg it's pissing me off to know end. I'm glad im not the only one it's happening to! Cuz usually that's the case!

--KC's Wife! --
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG i'm like in shock right about now, i'm supposed to be gettin ready for school but i came on here and i'm just in shock watching that video. It was amazing the effects were brilliant. That AU was just brilliant too!!!
It was very sad aswell
to begin with i was feeling so sad for jack and then when it went to the womans voice i was like oh no i'm gonna be sad for kate now
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Girl!
That was really very very good vid!!!I really enjoyed it...even though i'm not a fan of that music.It was really sad and the effects were great!
I can't wait for your next one
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
pumpkin_heart
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG dalyn! That was beautiful! And a major achievement, country&western always cracks me up (I don't know why) but that one left me teary-eyed I LOVED the way you manip'd Jack and Kate's weddings to make them look like they were marrying each other, it looked so real. And the ending, with the two of them on the beach and the hug... so sad! But nice at the same time, because they were together

So... why did Kate end their marriage in the first place?

http://pumpkin-heart.livejournal.com/

Sophie, 16, Irish, finally got her hands on Sony Vegas and now has to figure out how to work it... trial and error
phaniat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww! So sad and so beautiful!
Amazing video, congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!!! Had to comment on this one!!! I'm not a huge JATE fan but WOW!!!. This vid was exelent! Beautiful and haunting and I'm....I'm speechless! WELL DONE!!!
dayln03
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charmed_charlie - thanks hun! i really appreciate it, i'm always so leary about doing au because i just get too damn paranoid about it. but i'm glad it turned out. aww i'm glad you felt bad for kate because, the whole thing was kinda her fault, but i wanted people to feel sorry for her to. Fyi...i do the SAME thign, i always come on here before school in the morning and then i'll end up seeing a video, or go comment and i lose track of time! and ugh! yeah..but thanks!!!

Borislava - Thank you!! I know, i'm not a big fan of country either, i used to love it and now i can NOT stand it! but i was flippin through radio stations awhile back and heard this song and it stuck with me..soo...what can you do?! lol

pumpkin_heart *hugs*!! I'm sooo glad you like the song, because I would usually completely agree with you. I can't stand country/western, and especially country songs that tell a story - like this one haha- but i thought it was a pretty emotional song so that's why i chose it! I'm glad you like the wedding, i wasn't sure, cuz i had to go really close up on jack so that icky sarah wasn't in the shot and i didn't think it looked very good, but i'm glad you liked it!!
Quote:
So... why did Kate end their marriage in the first place?
You know i don't really know! lol..i guess because that's what the song said she did!...

phaniat - THank you! Sad seems to be the trend lately doesn't it??

Maria Montez - Aww thanks! I always feel like that such a big accomplisment when i get someone who's not a jater to like a jate vid! *squee!* Thank you soo soo much!

--KC's Wife! --
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: