Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"This Place is a Prison" by SuperKC
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: "This Place is a Prison" by SuperKC Reply with quote

"This Place is a Prison" 12-28-2006
Chronicles the slow and steady psychological breakdown of Jack, Kate, & Sawyer during their imprisonment by the Others.
Song: This Place is a Prison by The Postal Service
Vidder: SuperKC
Length: 3:04 (15.91MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-AiNdS_w_4
http://www.zshare.net/video/thisplaceisaprison-wmv.html
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14xuf_this-place-is-a-prison
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoooooooa! How awesome was that to see a dramatic take on J/K/S that wasn't all about shippyness? That ROCKED!

What a great song for this story! It was like it was tailor-made just for this vid! Awesomely done! I enjoyed it a lot!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Aislynn! I actually edited the song down a bit. I wanted this to be shorter even. Maybe something like 1:30 - 2:00 but you know I am totally incapable of making a short vid. Even my short vids are long! LOL.

I'm super glad you liked it. And yes, high drama. I have to say making this video was pretty depressing though. I wanted to capture the mood of the song which was this kind of slow descent. Which is not surprisingly very depressing!

Anyway, thanks!
PatheticDreamer
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Work!!
Very well done KC, i luv that song...and as Aislynn said it is great for the story...your vid is awesome...congrats!!
dayln03
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my gosh!
that was SOOO unbelievably cool
it was really eerie in a way, the voice overs were perfect the whole live together die alone lines
and the lyrics matched everything to a tee!
amazing!

--KC's Wife! --
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatheticDreamer, Thank you very much! I'm glad you like the song. I had to explain to a couple of people today who The Postal Service is! Haha! Glad you liked it!

dayln, I love compliments like "so unbelievably cool" they make me feel all squishy inside. In the good way! Haha. I am SO glad the voiceovers worked. I tried them once in a video before and it did not work AT ALL. Haha. Thank you!
TRoss
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved the song - the lyrics and clips were perfect together. And loved how you worked in the actual dialogue from the show. Very cool.
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!
That was sooo cool,SuperKC!!!I really liked "live together,die alone" lines and the song was perfect
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC, one word. Awsomely you. (oops, that's two)
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow That was really good. I loved the beginning showing J/K/S in their seperate 'prisons' Well done, loved the speech over it as well.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just loved this video, KC!
Really, so freaking awesome song, and your edition is brilliantastic! Loved, loved, loved!

My Lj
No Jack = No Lost
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved it!!! Great job. One of the best videos I've seen in a while!! Especially liking the fact that you didn't get into the Jate Skate business. Always nice to keep that stuff outta there. For once.

A++++ and fifty gold stars!!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross, wow thanks very much. I'm glad you liked it. Believe it or not, the voiceovers were a last minute edition. I had them in mind from the start but I was a bit tentative to do them because they haven't turned out so well for me in the past. But these really worked quite well. Thank you!

Borislava Thanks very much. I think the "Live Together, Die Alone" is clearly a long-running theme on the show. I was teling Elle that I read somewhere that Kate actually said that first, to Jack in the pilot. But I was too lazy to go back and look for it. It could be wrong information, but I think that would kind of hammer it home if she had. If not, it's still been mentioned enough times and been an episode title haha. I felt like this storyarch is kind of Jack's "Live Together, Die Alone" theory put to the test.

Becca Haha, Awesomely me, huh? Becca? Are you calling me WEIRD?!?! Or are you calling me Awesome... hmm...

Kate Thank you Kate, I'm glad you enjoyed. Showing them segregated like that was definitely purposeful. Glad you liked that.

Luka I love you Luka ahah. You can come around any time with words like "brilliantastic!" And yes I love the postal service. If anyone wants the song I could upload it. There's a bit more to it that I cut out. Let me know.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrecklesPhoenix, wow A++++ AND fifty gold stars? Too bad vidding doesn't count for my GPA. Aw, crap. Now I just thought about school which starts in 11 days. No fun! Hahah. Thank you so much I'm glad you liked it! I didn't want to play the shippy stuff here, the song really didn't call for it. There are shades of all three ships (Jack/Juliet, Sawyer/Kate, Jack/Kate) though really because I didn't want to downplay it either. I call this "keeping it real." LOL. I'm flattered you said it's one of the best you've seen in a while. Means a lot, thank you!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, that was really really cool, KC!!

The song was quite haunting and worked perfectly for the Season 3 J/K/S scenerio. Amazing choice of song.

The voiceovers were definitely the best part because it added so much to the story. I never noticed how repetive the lines were. I was especially pleased where Sawyer says "Every man for himself" and Jack says "Every man for himself is not going to work" as if he were talking back to Sawyer. Nice work with that! The whole vid was really great and very moody, which works well when it comes to the Others.

The only thing I would suggest, and I hope I'm not out of place to say this (I really don't know much anyhow), is to have paid more attention to the bells (is that what they were?). Most of the time you accomodated the vid to them, but sometimes you didn't.

Seriously though, overall, I really loved this vid. Very atmospheric and it depicted Jack, Sawyer, and Kate's despair in this situation very well. Great idea and great vid!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: