Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dominic Monaghan Says Matthew Fox Beats Women Frequently
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pissed at Matthew Fox. It's hard liking an actor who everyone hates and who keeps screwing up.

eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That's madness!

Saw this talking more about it: http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2012/05/dominic-monaghan-accuses-matthew-fox-of-beating-women-lost-feud-flares-on-twitter.html
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether what he is saying is true or not, I don't think he was right to tweet that. Surely a simple response like "no, I don't have any contact with him anymore"... or words to that effect, would have been a more appropriate response.

It's sad when celebs you admired turn out not to be as 'cool' as your initial impression of them. I unfollowed Dom a while back because his tweets started to annoy me, same with Damon Lindelof.

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe in naming and shaming, so I understand why Dom tweeted that even though he probably shouldn't have. But if it's true than it shouldn't be swept under the rug just because Matthew is famous. I know there seems to be some unwritten rule as to how celebs should behave online but as Debbie said, they're people just like us and if you're provoked, you're gonna react as any normal person would (not that everyone would react like that, you know what I mean).

I just don't think people should be mad at Dom for that. It seems like people are more upset about his tweets then the accusation that Matthew Fox hits women...
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually astounded that everyone seems to be discussing Dom and not the real issue at hand

If this turns out to be true, and people still believe Dom is wrong for calling him out on it, I weep for humanity. I really do.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it should be swept under the rug just because he's famous either. This is assuming that it is true (and I don't believe Dom would've said it if wasn't). In my opinion, I just don't think that it was his place to announce it.

I don't think the girl who Dom first responded to was provoking him, she just asked if he could help to get someone she admired, and he knew, onto twitter. Although, that being said, I don't think it's right for people to look up to celebs who've broken the law and aren't good role models.

If it is true, which at the moment we have no concrete evidence to prove...other than Dom's word and that weird bus event...all I mean is, that as far as we know, he hasn't been charged. I think it should be the police (or government, or whatever announces those kinda things ) to say...or ideally, Matthew Fox himself. It'd be nice to see some kind of apology from MF, or an announcement that he's seeking help, not because that's what society expects him to do, but because he really is sorry and doesn't condone his actions.

I'm not saying that Dom's actions are worse than MF's alleged ones, of course they're not, they're not even in the same league. I'm just saying that at the moment, in my opinion, I think Dom's decision to announce it was a mistake.

edit: I forgot to add, I don't think people mean to avoid the issue of domestic abuse, of course if it's true that's a really important subject to discuss. I just think for now, the rights and wrongs of publicly accusing (or whatever the best word would be) someone are the only thing we can base an opinion on given the evidence. Because we don't have concrete evidence whether or not it's true, I find it hard to pass judgement and outwardly express how I would react to that news.

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was referring more to Dom's behaviour on Twitter in general, when he told a girl to fuck off because she was slagging him off. You're right it wasn't his place to announce it, maybe he didn't see it that way though. It's so easy to slip up on the internet, especially Twitter where you can have hundreds of followers who are reading your every word.

Because there has been no official announcement though, I'm still hesitant to say that it's 100% truth, but I don't think Dom's lying either. The whole thing is just upsetting. An apology from MF would be good, or some kind of statement or something - just something to redeem himself.
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, sorry for misunderstanding you, yeah, I don't know how celebs manage to cope with haters tweeting at them, I know I couldn't. I think it's fairer to react by tweeting abuse back at them than to leave twitter all together, because that punishes the genuine fans too. ...Of course not feeding the trolls is probably the best reaction, but I can see how that would be a very difficult thing to do

Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in two minds about this story.

One, I don't want to believe Matthew Fox beats up women. It's literally so hard for me to accept, but then again, you don't really know what goes on in the lives of celebs, and it's delusional to think you do.

Two, I don't want to believe Dom is lying either, because that would make me lose all respect for him as an actor and as a person. But, if it's true, I don't think necessarily calling him out on it was a smart thing to do, I mean, look at all the mud it's dragged up now, and I hate the fact that people are targetting Dom about this rather than, as Jemma said, focusing on the main part of the story.

So yeah, I'm not sure what to believe. Twitter generally annoys me now anyway because for some reason, despite the fact there's a character limit, people find it easier to argue there than on any other social networking site.

I'm not condoning Matthew Fox's actions, if indeed it did do something like that, but at the same time, I'm not saying anything against Dom either. I would really like this story to end with some kind of resolution, like Matthew Fox stepping up to say something, but otherwise, I'm just not going to judge anyone until I know there's a clear person at fault.

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They both seem like giant asses to me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's just like Dom said in one of his tweets, we don't know either of them really. So I agree with Amy, I don't like to judge :S
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
They both seem like giant asses to me.

I agree with you Nikki. If Dom had any class he would stay out of it and you can't help but wonder about Matthew with all the headlines lately. He's clearly got issues. That doesn't deter me from checking out either of their work in the future though. Tom Cruise's religious views are abhorrent to me but he's still an amazing actor.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sources directly connected to Matthew Fox tell TMZ ... the actor has never beaten a woman in his life, contrary to the allegations made by his "Lost" co-star Dominic Monaghan.

As you know, Monaghan tweeted the allegation, claiming Matthew "beats women. not isolated incidents.often ..."

Our sources say Fox and Monaghan have not spoken for years, and they never had any sort of blowout argument so it's baffling to Fox as to why Dominic would go on such a rant.

A female bus driver accused Fox last year of punching her in her vagina. Fox denied the allegation and no criminal charges were filed.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/30/matthew-fox-dominic-monaghan-beats-women-lost-twitter/

I agree Paul; Fox does need help.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only explanation I can think of is, if they haven't seen each other in years, Dom is picking up on stuff he has heard about Matthew in the media, like the bus driver thing, but it seems weird to me he would only go on stuff that he's heard from unreliable sources.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's all really weird. I just thought I'd post that because I knew some wanted some word from Fox; even if it is from sources close to him.

And he could be talking about what he's read about him. Which I hope isn't the case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: