Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Tron Legacy || Programs...Are All Made Of Stars"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: "Tron Legacy || Programs...Are All Made Of Stars" Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Tron Legacy || Programs (And Users) Are All Made Of Stars" 10-30-2011
A short tribute to the characters, action and fantastic visuals of TRON: Legacy, made from the original trailers and Comic-Con trailer.
Fandom: Tron
Song: We Are All Made Of Stars (DJ Tiestos remix) by Moby
Vidder: Aislynn
Length: 1:25 (16.8MB WMV)

Link(s): http://vimeo.com/31358081 (password: thegrid)
http://www.mediafire.com/?w37c6wnabhn2acs
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh nice Ais!!! I have zero idea on what Tron is, is it a comic turned movie or what? It seems to be quite epically sci-fi! perfect song, with the 'all made of stars' and all the brightness of the cars and bikes and people

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, thanks so much, Kat! I'm so glad you enjoyed it even not knowing about it!

The first Tron movie was from 1982 and was pretty ground-breaking for its time: it incorporated some computer graphics but most of the effects were actually hand-animated over top the live action (which is kind of amazing if you consider how many lines in their suits there were, all of that was animated, not just the backgrounds and such ). Anyway, it was the story of Kevin Flynn, a programmer who got "digitized" into a computerized world called the Grid. Tron: Legacy is the story of Sam Flynn, Kevin's son, who ends up in the Grid looking for his father who (unbeknownst to the world, who thinks Kevin just abandoned his family) got trapped in the Grid 20 some years earlier.

You can see what the original Tron looked like in my other two Tron vids that are already here at LVI if you're curious. (Just keep in mind hand-animated! Dude, I'm surprised that those people aren't sitting somewhere STILL drawing some of those bazillion little flickering lines on their suits! )

[/end fangirling] What can I say? I love both these movies, even though the original one from '82 has its fair share of cheesiness. They both have a bunch of action and lots of great, viddable scenes, so what's not to love, right? (I still have a few more Legacy vids that'll be showing up at LVI one of these days. )

Thanks again bunches! I really appreciate you watching and commenting, it means a lot to me! ♥!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Tron Legacy || Programs (And Users) Are All Made Of Stars by Reply with quote

That was so cool, Ais! The song went so well with this!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, thank you, Heather! I was so glad to come across this version of the song, it was just the sort of thing I was looking for at the time. I'm really happy you thought it worked with this!

Thanks so much for watching and commenting, I really appreciate it! ♥!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Tron Legacy || Programs (And Users) Are All Made Of Stars by Reply with quote

Ooh this was funky!! I was reading your response to Kat and the films sound awesome! I like how the new ones are more of a sequel than a remake Anyway, I really enjoyed this. You always choose perfect scenes to match the music. Nicely done, Ais!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool vid Ais. Song choice was great as I really like that Moby track and it fits perfect. Your matching of the beats to the video was really nice.

LOVE old Tron and the new Tron. I hope to god they make a third

By the way is vimeo okay to use now with a password? I tried vimeo and they deleted like all my vids because of copyright issues.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemma: Aw, thank you SO much! I'm also really glad that what I said about the movies helped explain them a bit and that they sounded interesting! I never expected to love them as much as I did until I finally gave 'em a chance one day! Anyway, thank you again, I'm so happy you enjoyed the vid!

Paul: Thanks so much! I stumbled across this version of the song right at the perfect time when I was searching for something for a Tron vid and I was really hoping it would work well! And yay, I'm glad that you like both the old and new movies! The last I heard they definitely are going ahead with a third movie, so *fingers crossed*

About Vimeo, using the password for each video seems to give you the best shot of not losing all of your vids and your account. It's a shame that so many places are so vidder-unfriendly, though. Anyway, thanks again!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool vid!! I haven't seen the movie but I clicked on it so I could see Olivia. and your vidding was awesome of course! Perfect lyric use and it was really trippy which I digged!! I'm going to have to watch the movie eventually! Its somewhere on my netflix list

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, Nikki! Hopefully you'll enjoy it whenever you get the chance to see it! Olivia is awesome in it, IMO! She really pulls off a sort of innocent but tough character and I just loved her to pieces in it! ♥!

I have a AU Legacy vid I haven't uploaded here just yet that features her a lot more in it but I'm not sure how great the AU will look if you don't know how it's different than the movie, lol! I tried to keep it still basically compliant with the movie, so it's not one of the awesome sorts of really original AUs like you do. It's just sort of like taking a different road to get to the same destination or something, I dunno.

Anyway! Point being, thank you so much for watching and commenting and I'm really glad you liked it!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found Tron on netflix instant so im going to watch it today!! Then I can watch your AU! Can't wait!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched it! It was really really god! A lot better than I thought. I loved the Father/Son storyline and Olivia's character was epic and so was the ending. Do you think they will make a sequel?

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, I'm so glad you liked it! And wasn't Olivia totally awesome? *draws hearts around her* (She's totally one of my fav female characters now, hence me claiming her for my Council avi. )

Yep, there'll be another movie in 2013, I believe! I hope there's a ton of awesome Quorra-ness to it!

I went ahead and submitted my Clu/Quorra/Sam AU, so if you get the chance to see it, it's here now (it's called "Tron: Legacy: I Loved Her").

Thanks again for watching this one and I'm really glad that you enjoyed the movie! ♥!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Tron Legacy || Programs (And Users) Are All Made Of Stars by Reply with quote

Ooo! I loved that soooo much, Ais! Such a fantastic tribute to Tron: Legacy! So awesome!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*glee* Thank you so much, Julia! I'm so glad you liked it! I'm glad this came across as a good tribute for it, I do so love this movie, lol!

Thanks again for watching and for your kind words! ♥!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: