Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Viewers Pick Gold, Silver & Bronze Ribbons & Council

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BWQBProdz
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Viewers Pick Gold, Silver & Bronze Ribbons & Council Reply with quote

Hey I'm new to Lost Video Island and I had some questions.

1) how do i get my videos noticed on here?
2) How many votes do you need to get a ribbon? My Damon Video has 3 votes, My Eric/Sookie video has 2, & my Damon/Elena video has 1.
3) How do you get a council pick on your videos, do you need a certain number of votes?

And lastly if you like Vampire Diaries/True Blood, would you mind checking my videos out and tell me your honest opinion of them thanks =D
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite simple here

Five gold votes on a vid constitutes a council pick, but the strength of the vote depends on the rank of the vidder, so expert vidders and council members votes will hold more weight. You move ranks from novice to intermediate to advance and then to expert vidder depending on a) the number of vids you have and b) what the average vote on that vid is i.e. gold.

As for getting your vids noticed, just be original, be creative and have fun with your vids I personally LOVE your vids so I am really excited you are on this site!!

Hope I made this clear for you and welcome to LVI

BWQBProdz
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for helping me, & thank you, it's a huge honor that you like my videos!
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem if you have any other questions, there are a number of helpful and kind people here who would be happy to help

Looking forward to your future vids!!

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Viewers Pick Gold, Silver & Bronze Ribbons & Cou Reply with quote

Welcome to LVI! It's always so great to see new people joining up and participating!

I know Amy already answered your questions but I wanted to throw in my two cents, lol!

BWQBProdz wrote:
1) how do i get my videos noticed on here?
2) How many votes do you need to get a ribbon? My Damon Video has 3 votes, My Eric/Sookie video has 2, & my Damon/Elena video has 1.
3) How do you get a council pick on your videos, do you need a certain number of votes?

1. Keep making great vids and submitting them here and people will definitely start to recognize your work! But also be sure to interact with the other vidders here. Comment/vote on their vids, maybe stop in and say hi in the Spam section (where all of the no-topic required chit-chatting goes on ). Now that we accept vids for all fandoms, that means that there are a lot of vid choices out there. Many people simply don't have time to watch them all but often they'll watch a vid by somebody they know. Being as interactive as you can not only serves to help people notice your username but it also is part of what really makes LVI a great site. We're for more than just dropping off vids, we want to be some place where vidders really interact with each other!

2. There are two types of seals that you can earn here, a Viewer's Pick (in Gold, Silver or Bronze) and a Council Pick. Viewer's Picks come when at least 5 members vote on your vid (that's anybody, not just Council Members ). The VP voting is really one of the most important parts, IMO, because it's where everybody gets the chance to have a say in things! We really do encourage people to vote on other vids here (obviously in a fair manner ). 5 Council Members can generate the VP but to me it's much better and much more fun when the VP comes truly from everybody, not just the CMs. As Amy mentioned, the color of the VP seal is determined not just by what votes were cast but by what rank each voter is. A Novice vidder's vote carries a little less weight than an Intermediate vidder, which has a little less weight than an Advanced vidder, and then the "heaviest" votes come from Expert vidders (a CM's vote weighs the same as Expert).

Here's a little more explanation about the ranks and how you get them. But basically just keep making awesome vids and you'll be up at Expert in no time!

3. A Council Pick is automatically generated when 3 CMs vote Gold on a vid.

I hope that all makes sense! Again, welcome to LVI! We're really glad to have you here! ♥!
BWQBProdz
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks so much! I will do =D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: