Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multifandom LVI Survey :D
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: Multifandom LVI Survey :D Reply with quote

LVI has been multifandom for 3 months now and we thought this would be a good time to get your opinions on a couple of things. So, if you don't mind taking a few minutes to fill out this short survey, we'd really appreciate it, thanks!

1. Now that there are so many vids from so many fandoms to choose from, what is it that gets you to actually watch a vid? (The fandom, the vidder, its Viewer's Pick/Council Pick, an interesting description, the song, etc.?)

2. Do you watch vids for fandoms other than those you're already into or are familiar with? If not, why not?

3. Do you vote after you watch a vid? If not, why not?

4. Do you take part in any other part of the forum other than just the video threads, such as episode discussions or chatting in Spam or anything else like that? If not, why not?

5. Any other comments, suggestions, questions, etc.? If there's something that you feel LVI is missing, here's your chance to let us know!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say the vidder and my interest in the fandom is the biggest attractant for me. If I like the fandom and the vidder I will watch without question.

2. Sometimes, if the description sounds really interesting or I really like the song, I am more likely to watch. I'd like to watch more vids from shows I don't watch but I only have so much time so I have to be picky.

3. I always vote. Unless I am really torn between gold or silver. But that rarely happens.

4. Of course! Spam is my home!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. To be honest I watch vids because I feel that if I want people to watch/rate/comment my vids; I should do the same.

It also depends on whether or not I watch the show. I WILL rate/comment/watch if I know I wont watch it. But there are some shows I can't like Fringe. I really want to watch that show. LOL.

2. Yes. Like I said above, I DO watch other vids of shows/movies I'm not apart of or don't think I'd like. Again...If I know I wont like the fandom or know I wont watch it; I don't watch for the show; I watch for editing, color use, ext. Oh and movies. If it's a big movie that I want to see; and it's still in theaters I have to wait until after I've seen it.

3. I vote after I watch a vid; for the most part. Sometimes I know before I'm done. I always vote. Again; I like having my videos voted so I like to do the same.

4. Spam of course!!! I like helping in technical if I can. I like to provide people with clips/songs if I have them. Or if I know where a link is to get them.

5. I don't know if I can be done...at all. But something like what Lost Hatch had with the whole quote searches? That'd be really nice/helpful. Like when you put in a certain character, lets say, Sawyer; and then type in a word/phrase to see if he said it. Again I don't know if it can be done. Just an idea. I miss the hatch.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you SO MUCH, Nikki and Brooke, for answering this! *hugs* We really appreciate you both taking time to give us your input!

Brooke wrote:
I don't know if I can be done...at all. But something like what Lost Hatch had with the whole quote searches? That'd be really nice/helpful. Like when you put in a certain character, lets say, Sawyer; and then type in a word/phrase to see if he said it. Again I don't know if it can be done. Just an idea. I miss the hatch.

Oh, I miss The Hatch, too! That was SO nice and convenient to have that as a reference for when you needed to know where a certain scene was! I honestly don't know that LVI could do something like that ourselves, we're not really set up for anything at all like that, coding-wise. I'll ask about it, though.

In the meanwhile, I see that Lostpedia Wikia has transcripts for every episode, though I don't believe they're searchable in the way The Hatch's was. But at least if you had an idea of where something might've happened and are trying to narrow it down from a couple of episodes, you could skim over their transcripts there and hopefully find it like that. *fingers crossed*

Thank you again for answering our questions! To show our appreciation, please help yourselves to a hot-from-the-oven, ooey-gooey, delicious chocolate chip cookie!

We'd love to have more participation in this, so if you have a few minutes, please do consider filling out this survey as well. Look, you'll get a yummy, freshly baked cookie! [/blatant bribe]
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Now that there are so many vids from so many fandoms to choose from, what is it that gets you to actually watch a vid? (The fandom, the vidder, its Viewer's Pick/Council Pick, an interesting description, the song, etc.?)
-The vidder or the fandom, generally. I watch my friends' vids, and then I check out vids for fandoms I know, and if the description sounds interesting, I'll watch it.

2. Do you watch vids for fandoms other than those you're already into or are familiar with? If not, why not?
-Not generally, just because they don't always interest me, and I don't have time to watch a lot of vids that I'm not necessarily interested in. If it's done by a vidder I know, though, I may watch it anyway.

-Yes, I do.

4. Do you take part in any other part of the forum other than just the video threads, such as episode discussions or chatting in Spam or anything else like that? If not, why not?
-Not as much as I'd like to. I used to, but lately I've been busy and haven't had the chance.

icon by becca
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Thank you SO MUCH, Nikki and Brooke, for answering this! *hugs* We really appreciate you both taking time to give us your input!

Brooke wrote:
I don't know if I can be done...at all. But something like what Lost Hatch had with the whole quote searches? That'd be really nice/helpful. Like when you put in a certain character, lets say, Sawyer; and then type in a word/phrase to see if he said it. Again I don't know if it can be done. Just an idea. I miss the hatch.

Oh, I miss The Hatch, too! That was SO nice and convenient to have that as a reference for when you needed to know where a certain scene was! I honestly don't know that LVI could do something like that ourselves, we're not really set up for anything at all like that, coding-wise. I'll ask about it, though.

In the meanwhile, I see that Lostpedia Wikia has transcripts for every episode, though I don't believe they're searchable in the way The Hatch's was. But at least if you had an idea of where something might've happened and are trying to narrow it down from a couple of episodes, you could skim over their transcripts there and hopefully find it like that. *fingers crossed*

Thank you again for answering our questions! To show our appreciation, please help yourselves to a hot-from-the-oven, ooey-gooey, delicious chocolate chip cookie!

We'd love to have more participation in this, so if you have a few minutes, please do consider filling out this survey as well. Look, you'll get a yummy, freshly baked cookie! [/blatant bribe]

LOL. That's usually what I have to do. "I think Sawyer said this in this episode." And then look for it. But I really wish the hatch would have offered to sell/give it to someone. Not just delete it.

I love being bribed with cookies!!!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Ais! I want those cookies and I want them now! Way to tease a girl when she is PMSing!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Elyse! We really appreciate you taking time to fill this out! *offers you a cookie*

Brooke, oh, I hear you! That would've been awesome if they would've transferred The Hatch to somebody else instead of just closing it! We're all just having to make do in the meanwhile then without it. It was really a helpful resource and I was so sorry to see it go.

Nikki, oops, sorry! If it's any help... I don't have any chocolate chip cookies right now either and I definitely want one, too! *gets us both a virtual cookie to tide us over*
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Multifandom LVI Survey :D Reply with quote

Because I sometimes only have a limited time to watch vids in, I usually watch vids of my favorite fandom first.After fandom would be the song.I'll watch a vid of most fandoms if it has a song I really like, just because I'm curious how the vidder applied it to that fandom. Interesting descriptions do help draw me into a vid, but I also like a little mystery about what the storyline will be. I don't base my viewing on who the vidder is or what viewer pick/council pick they have.

Sometimes. During contests I watch alot of vids from other fandoms than I am into. I enjoy getting to see new fandoms and shows even if they're not shows I normally watch. However there are a few shows I just really don't care for and there are certain genre I don't enjoy so I don't watch many vids in those areas. I'm trying to get into watching more vids outside of my personal favorite fandoms.

Usually.Sometimes I am not sure what vote I want to give and often don't vote in those cases. And sometimes I just forget.I see vids every so often that I thought I voted for, but had forgotten to.So in those cases I try to vote on them at that time.

I browse the forum more than I stop by to chat. I frequent the technical section,usually more often with computer issues than advice. I check out site talk alot to keep up on what's going on with the site. Really enjoy the member of the month threads. I occasionaly comment in the Whatever section.
I didn't really start exploring other areas of the Forum (besides techinical help) until earlier this year, so I missed certain areas like Lost talk. I would have been there alot if I'd really seen it before Lost ended.
I'd like to participate more in the Forum but things have just been getting busier for me. I used to have to hold back vids to make the 5 vids per month limit.Now I'm doing good when I get 2 vids up in the same month . Most of my spare time goes to vidding and writing fan fic, so I don't get alot of extra time to chat with my fellow vidders like I would like to.

5. Any other comments, suggestions, questions, etc.? If there's something that you feel LVI is missing, here's your chance to let us know!

LVI's a great site. Love that it's been reinvented as Multi-fandom. I've just always loved how well organized the site is.I like that I can look up a vid by song, by fandom, by category, etc. I've always really liked how friendly and helpful everyone is here. I think it's really great that you let us give our opinions and suggestions on the site (such as this survey)

One thing I'd love to see with LVI is a Holiday/Special Occasion category for vids. I'm a big fan of Christmas vids and I know there are some cool Halloween type vids out there. I've also seen vids that are dedicated to another vidder for a special occasion that might be nice to put in such a category as this so they are easier to find.

Also I was curious about the Lost Clip finder thread.It was locked last time I went to it. Is it going to be coming back?

Macaila
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. What gets me watching vids is the fandom and the storyline, sometimes the song choice. Usually, I try not to stick to one specific vidder, although I do watch every vid from certain vidders whose videos always impress me.

2. I generally watch vids with a fandom I know, although I have been known to comment on some vids with fandoms I'm not that familiar with. It depends on the vidder, the song choice and the storyline.

3. Yes. Always. I think voting gives people confidence in their vids, and seeing that viewer's pick, whether its bronze, silver or gold just is the right incentive to get people vidding. Brilliant system by the way...

4. Always try and chat in spam if I can. Love it in there. Also try helping out in technical issues if I can help in any way and generally just hang around any and every forum

tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Typically for me, if it's a vidder that I love, a fandom I love, or a song I love, I'll check it out. I would really love to watch all the videos uploaded on here, but I am strapped for time most of the time that I don't get to watch as many as I'd like!

2. I have... and to be honest I do like to watch videos from fandoms I don't watch, because it's a way for me to see if it's any good! I found Chuck, Bones, and Psych this way.

3. I try to... but honestly sometimes I forget. Usually I try to sneak a video in while I'm doing my homework and I'll just plum forget to vote. But I typically always try to.

4. I do keep an eye on the forum. Check out the help threads and the fan-art threads. I'd love to chat in spam but I just never have the time to just sit down and chat anymore.

5. I'm just super stoked that LVI has gone multi-fandom, and I really hope with this new move that more and more members will join! Even though I don't have loads of time to spend on here, I do enjoy what time I do spend on here. It's such a laid back and friendly environment, and you all do a wonderful job of making sure that everything stays fair!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I add something?

I would like to see more of sub genres when submitting a vid. Like "A drama Crossover, or a Comedy Crossover." Or a "Comedy trailer." Something like that.
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. If I had the time I would try to watch more videos but I tend to be quite selective. I'm drawn to a video if I like the song, the fandom/ship/characters and the concept of the video. Like although I love a fandom, there tends to be certain ships, ideas that get totally over-vidded and no matter how much I love them I sometimes get bored.

2. I usually watch vids with fandoms I'm aware of/know the general plot of since I just find it easier to follow although if it is a video by a certain vidder then I am more inclined to take a peek. However, if it is for a contest I tend to watch the video regardless of the fandom.

3. I always try to remember to vote but my internet kind of hates me and that is sometimes difficult to do. However, that has been my goal lately to make sure I vote/comment on every vid I watch since I know how much feedback means to me.

4. I do try to pop into spam from time to time although I always manage to just miss everyone! I find LVI invaluable as a resource when making vids since everyone is always so forthcoming with finding songs, clips and offering advice.

5. I'm really loving seeing vids for fandoms that always seemed quite underappreciated before! It's making me even more excited about some shows because I know other people are enjoying them and have the same opinions as me. I hope the fandoms here continue to grow and expand!
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so very much, Macaila, Amy, Tammy, Becca and Brooke! We really appreciate you all taking the time to give us your opinions and answer those questions!

Im1oftheOceanic6 wrote:
One thing I'd love to see with LVI is a Holiday/Special Occasion category for vids. I'm a big fan of Christmas vids and I know there are some cool Halloween type vids out there. I've also seen vids that are dedicated to another vidder for a special occasion that might be nice to put in such a category as this so they are easier to find.

Also I was curious about the Lost Clip finder thread.It was locked last time I went to it. Is it going to be coming back?

We will definitely take your suggestions to heart about the holiday/special occasion vids and see what we can do about that! At this time, there aren't very many dedication types of vids so we're not sure if we need a category specifically for them, but we will certainly keep that in mind for the future.

Also, about the Lost Clip finder thread, is this the one you're talking about? I show that it's still open so you should be able post there. The scene finder and clip request threads have been combined, so you can do both in that one thread, either just ask where a certain scene can be found or request a clip.

Brooke wrote:
Can I add something?

I would like to see more of sub genres when submitting a vid. Like "A drama Crossover, or a Comedy Crossover." Or a "Comedy trailer." Something like that.

I'm not sure at this time how flexible our coding is whether it can handle anything more specific than our general categories but we'll definitely keep that in mind for our next upgrade!

Thanks again, everybody! ♥!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:

Also, about the Lost Clip finder thread, is this the one you're talking about? I show that it's still open so you should be able post there. The scene finder and clip request threads have been combined, so you can do both in that one thread, either just ask where a certain scene can be found or request a clip.

Thanks, I hadn't realized scene finder was combined with the request thread.I will probably be using that in the future.

Also I appreciate your consideration of the Holiday/Special Occasion category. About the dedication videos, I was originally thinking some of them might fit into the Holiday/Special Occasion thread especially if they were made for someone's birthday or some other celebratory event. But I don't know if there are many that would fit that kind of description. I appreciate that you keeping a dedication category in mind for the future.

Macaila
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: