Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post a photo of yourself 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your hair and your eyes are so pretty Debbie! You actually remind me of this friend of mine I used to know when I was 12-15. She was very cute too!

http://www.youtube.com/geminivids
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightdancer342 wrote:
Brooke wrote:
Were they nice on set?

On IMDB.Com you hear a lot of extras go on there and complain about the work/stars.

Oh they were incredibly nice! There's some sets that don't allow you to talk to the crew/actors and they are really uptight about it. A lot of the extras were talking to me about places they had worked that wasn't so good, like the walking dead had basically just left their extras in the sun without offering them water or anything to eat. Which is pretty bad. I think they actually reported them, so they're treated better now. haha!

Technically, when you're an extra you're not *supposed* to talk to the actors or crew because they are working and whatnot, but they were all initiating conversations on set, which made it a very relaxed atmosphere... There was this crew guy that actually went around applying foam squares on the girls high heels and I was talking to him while he was bent over doing my shoes (lol!)- he was telling me this story about how he'd been working on Walking Dead and this crew member had volunteered to go into the water to do some reflection work and acted all boastful about it to the other crew, because he was thinking he'd get to be all cool in the water (it was a hot, hot day), but when he came out he was covered head-to-toe in leeches!! lol!

I got to spend a lot of time with Dylan and Tyler, they are 19 and they really do sort of act it (lol, they were showing off for the girls) but I had a lot of fun with them because they were goofy and so am I. But yeah, They were very chatty and friendly.

There was one day when I was stuck in a room with the 2 actors with a few other extras for about 4 hours. The crew were having technical difficulties with the sound.

The director was a bit frenzied and came into the room we were placed inside, instructing the actors that they were supposed to "open the door when they came out" and he left without much of a word just shutting us all in with a slamming door. We were all like: 0_o

So the 2 actors started being goofy, acting like they weren't sure how to open the door ("But...what's THAT for??"... "I think you're supposed to push here and there....") and I was playing along with them giving them very unhelpful instructions. LOL.

Well, finally, when they started doing the scene, the guy that plays the sidekick, Dylan, was having terrible allergies and so he'd be messing up his lines and we kept having to restart in the room we were walking out of.

So, after at least 5 takes...I was restarting and an extra friend (that I'd met on set and we'd been hanging out) whispered to me that they were picking up this phantom ringing that had been coming from the school. LOL, So I knew that this particular take Dylan hadn't screwed up his line.

Well, as the other extras came in, so did Dylan, and one of the other extras says to him encouragingly, "You'll get it!" and Dylan says, "Oh no, I was perfect that time!" and I said very seriously, "Um...actually they said you were opening the door wrong."

I have never gotten a better reaction.

He leaped back at least 4 feet, looking astounded! All of the other extras just burst out laughing (especially since he'd been acting stupid like he didn't know how to open the door) "Are you kidding with me?!" and I finally smiled and nodded. It was hilarious! I never expected such a reaction!

I honestly had so much fun with all the people there... The extras were all crazy, artsy, theater-types-- basically, just my type. LOL!

The only bad part was the cold. There was absolutely no heat in the school we filmed at, because it's old and outdated and not even in use. The extras holding area was FREEZING cold, and there were no heaters for us. The only heaters were these tubes and they did not heat up our area very effectively. The other part was just the long agonizing waiting for some periods of time. You basically just have to stay where ever they put you, so you don't have the option to go get a coat unless given permission. So yeah, I didn't enjoy that aspect, and the fact the coffee was always cold, as was the working water to wash your hands! lol! But other than that, it was great fun.

SO sorry that I am just now getting back to you!! I didn't see the post.

That's so awesome!!! They sound amazing. See; I think some extras think that if you go there you hang out with stars all day, and that's why they go on there and complain. That's what happened with Country Strong; she was so upset that she couldn't meet Gywneth Paltrow.

But I was like "Um you aren't there to meet them; but to work with them!"

Walking Dead sounded awful; glad they treat the extras better!!!
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
SO sorry that I am just now getting back to you!! I didn't see the post.

That's so awesome!!! They sound amazing. See; I think some extras think that if you go there you hang out with stars all day, and that's why they go on there and complain. That's what happened with Country Strong; she was so upset that she couldn't meet Gywneth Paltrow.

But I was like "Um you aren't there to meet them; but to work with them!"

Walking Dead sounded awful; glad they treat the extras better!!!

LOL, oh that's alright!

Yeah, exactly. See, I actually didn't expect them to talk to me at all when I went on the job... I can see why people would be annoyed if they didn't get to speak to their favorite star, though that is a bit of an unprofessional way to look at it. There's rules of what you can't do... like, don't talk to the crew or actors while they are working if they don't talk to you. no asking for autographs. no cameras. no telling spoilers. etc.

Of course the way it was, no one really knew who any of the actors were at the time, because there wasn't much on the show except for a very lame attempt at a trailer with minimal footage and cheesy/bad titles like "THE BITE" that they released back in October of last year.

(this trailer was melodramatically reinacted in the extras holding while we were stuck in there for a couple hours by a very amusing extra guy who seemed to have memorized it before coming.lol!!)

Who knows, It might turn more strict now that the show is established (on air), just because now they have to worry about all these crazed fan girls and whatnot. lol!

I'd actually love to do the Walking Dead, even though there were some bad experiences with it in the past. I think it would be awesome to be a zombie!! The bad part is that they do film in the summer, and Atlanta has some extreme weather. I think they only take people that live in the area though, because they have to do costume/make up and they do fittings. They wanted very slim people and so I would be perfect for it, but I don't know if I'll be able to unless I live there.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I so could understand that too. They are not there to entertain; they are there to work. I wouldn’t imagine they would like that if someone asked for their autograph either.

I actually know of Tyler Posey from Maid in Manhattan (He played Lopez’s son) and Brothers and Sisters; Yes I have a photographic memory when it comes to movies/TV. Especially faces.
And Tyler Hoechlin from Road To Perdition and 7th Heaven. Those are the only two I know.

I haven’t seen it but it looks pretty good!!

Yeah I think I saw that trailer. And I remember it revealed NOTHING.

It might be more strict because of that. I can see that; because no one really knew what was going to happen with it.

I think it’d be fun being a zombie but yeah; I can imagine that area being HOTTT. LOL.

Have you done any other work?
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! You're right! I'm like that too (where I remember faces and shows) though sometimes I forget the names, I will never forget a facee!
Yeah, I didn't get to see Tyler Hoechlin at all, except where he was laying on the ground about 20 yards from me doing a scene.

I only saw the 2 guys, Tyler Posey and Dylan O'Brien who were extremely personable and I saw the 2 girls briefly though I was never situated near them so I didn't speak to them at all. Stupid me at the time didn't even realize that one of the girls had been on Lost playing Locke's mom in the teenage flashback. LOL!! I was 6 degreed!! I only thought while she was walking past me in the hall, that the shoes they put her in were so tall they were ridiculous and very uncomfortable!! Oddly she looks great on screen though!

Before I feel too bad about a repeated offense of spamming the photo thread-- though I very much enjoy the conversation--- I'll share a picture of me on vacation in Florida (where I am now)

I'm heading home in the morning and not looking forward to the drive at all!!!
Spoiler:

The beach from the balcony::

Me in Sarasota in front of some shops::

A tad bit old for a baby float, but that doesn't mean I can't fit in it! lol::

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightdancer342 wrote:
Yeah! You're right! I'm like that too (where I remember faces and shows) though sometimes I forget the names, I will never forget a facee!
Yeah, I didn't get to see Tyler Hoechlin at all, except where he was laying on the ground about 20 yards from me doing a scene.

I only saw the 2 guys, Tyler Posey and Dylan O'Brien who were extremely personable and I saw the 2 girls briefly though I was never situated near them so I didn't speak to them at all. Stupid me at the time didn't even realize that one of the girls had been on Lost playing Locke's mom in the teenage flashback. LOL!! I was 6 degreed!! I only thought while she was walking past me in the hall, that the shoes they put her in were so tall they were ridiculous and very uncomfortable!! Oddly she looks great on screen though!

Before I feel too bad about a repeated offense of spamming the photo thread-- though I very much enjoy the conversation--- I'll share a picture of me on vacation in Florida (where I am now)

I'm heading home in the morning and not looking forward to the drive at all!!!
Spoiler:

The beach from the balcony::

Me in Sarasota in front of some shops::

A tad bit old for a baby float, but that doesn't mean I can't fit in it! lol::

Love the pics!! That's so awesome; you were 6 degreed!!!

I enjoy teh conversation; it sounds like you had a nice time!!!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nikkis meet in San Diego!!

Last edited by nikkimonique on Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some nice looking ladies
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great picture!!!!

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

namaste nikki wrote:
Some nice looking ladies

Yes you looked really pretty today Nikki

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh that's so cool you guys met up!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!!! So cool that you got to meet, Nikkis!!!

<3 <3 <3
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Multi-Nikkis! what a great picture Very stunning ladies

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great that you met up! Poor Evie looks a bit fed up though lol ;/
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Paul. She was just cold from swimming.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: