Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Supernatural
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've jumped on the bandwagon only a month ago but this show actually kicks ass!! It's so amazing. I'm on season four now and, my word, this show just rocks on every kind of level!!

I'm definitely a Dean girl, though

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This show is made of all kinds of amazing, huh, Amy? Ahh, another Dean!girl......I'm a Sam!girl forever and ever. <3

art by me&tammy
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe you would know, considering what my past few statuses on facebook have been about and now, eek, booked tickets for a SPN convention! hehe, talk about rapidly obsessed lol.

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to get my ticket for next year's Chicago con!!! I almost got to go this year but then didn't due to a series of unfortunate events. >_< Next year, though........

art by me&tammy
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! i cannot wait hehe I cannot believe its taken me this long to get round to watching it.

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felt like popping in and sharing some news about Season 7 I've heard. In retrospect S6 kind of really sucked, but I am hopeful for next season!

Spoiler:

-Misha Collins is for sure in the first two episodes. After that, his role is undetermined.

-Jared Padalecki said at a con that S7 is more like S1 in that it's scary again. Sam is going to be dealing with his memories of hell and it's scary!

-Jensen Ackles is directing episode 7x03, which centers around Sam and guest stars Jewel Staite, as well as Colin Ford returning as young Sam!

-Charisma Carpenter and James Marsters are guest starring in episode 7x05 (I think) as a married couple! (I'm extremely excited about this. ) Charisma's character is a witch, and James plays the husband who gets on her bad side.

That's about all I know, but if anyone else wants to share news I'm totally up for hearing. (As long as no MAJOR spoilers....well, I won't read those but others might like to. )

I'm just excited because it looks like Supernatural might finally be taking itself seriously again. Last year they threw us episode after episode of gimmicky fanservice - I'm hoping they're going to give us our show back this year!!

art by me&tammy
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, season six was a bit lacklustre, Eryn. Agree with you there.

HOWEVER... I did like the direction they took it in. Part of me does wish they left it at the end of season five, but it would've broken my heart to think of Sam in hell. I did think they needed to change their game a little, and so thinking about it, I guess I did kind of see why season six went in a different direction. It made sense to keep the show fresh, even if the storylines sometimes bordered on ridiculous.

Season seven sounds quite good from what little I've heard. I hope it returns to the old format a bit, whilst keeping the story fresh. That would be my hope.

PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wickedgal wrote:
Yeah, season six was a bit lacklustre, Eryn. Agree with you there.

HOWEVER... I did like the direction they took it in. Part of me does wish they left it at the end of season five, but it would've broken my heart to think of Sam in hell. I did think they needed to change their game a little, and so thinking about it, I guess I did kind of see why season six went in a different direction. It made sense to keep the show fresh, even if the storylines sometimes bordered on ridiculous.

Season seven sounds quite good from what little I've heard. I hope it returns to the old format a bit, whilst keeping the story fresh. That would be my hope.

I agree with everything you just said. I think S6 was also really BLAH because there was absolutely no bond between Sam and Dean due to Sam's soullessness. And I don't quite like all those silly filler episodes.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like all the filler eps either - I liked the scarier filler eps like back in S1, but like I said, in S6 they were doing a lot of things that they just thought would amuse the hardcore fans.

Since Sam is my favorite character, I didn't like S6 as well. For the first half of it he didn't have a soul, so he wasn't our Sam, and for the second half they shoved him to the background, which sucked majorly. The Sam parts of the finale were the only parts that interested me. (I am sorry, but I never connected with Castiel like the rest of the fan base has.) So therefore the prospect of a Sam-centric episode in S7 makes me really excited!

art by me&tammy
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all the characters equally (I think Castiel's 6x20 was brilliant), but I agree, I like the scary filler eps, not the silly ones (the humor kind of wanes if it's so repetitive).

Sam's plotline was intriguing, but they didn't execute it like I thought they would have. And while I loved the idea of Dean/Lisa/Ben, they again, butchered it. Ugh - writers.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

completely agree with all that's been said.

I did sort of connect with Castiel, but never really got all fangirly over him. I did like the idea of the angels and demons thing they brought in during season four, but yeah do miss the scare appeal from the first few seasons.

I hope Sam does get brought more into the limelight because it isn't just about Dean and Castiel, it's about Sam too. I am definitely turning into a Sam girl

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on the new season?

I'm SO glad we're moving past the angels/God/Devil storyline. I never cared for it. I know Sam is still dealing with his memories of hell, but for the most part it seems like we've moved on.

Dean is being a mopey grump and I don't like it. Also I hated that he killed Amy.

Charisma Carpenter stole the show in the latest episode, end of story. (I was actually a little disappointed with James Marsters, I didn't think he was as great as he could've been.)

Basically I like this season, tho. ^_^ It's not what it used to be, but it's a huge leap above S6.

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charisma and James made an epic witchy couple! xD

You know, even though I miss Cas a lot, I think I'm really liking that they've stepped away from the angels/God/Devil storylines. Things got SO complicated and messy and now it's a bit more like the old days and I like it

However, I am really confused as to why, after all of that, these little things keep bothering Sam and Dean. Like killing Amy (love that she's called Amy Pond btw ). Surely Dean has done worse things in his time that should be giving him nightmares and making him drink. It just doesn't seem to fit. Maybe it's just me.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really did. I loved seeing them on screen together. (Their characters never interacted that much even when they were on Buffy and Angel so this was fun to see. )

I think it's more of the fact that Dean killed Amy who was an old friend of Sam's, who Sam specifically wanted to let go, and Dean went behind Sam's back and killed her anyway. And Sam actually thanked Dean for letting her go, which I'm sure made him feel very guilty. On top of that, he's just lost Castiel, his best friend, and he can't understand how Sam is functioning better than he is even though Sam has a ton of stuff going on too.

That's how I interpret it. I wish he'd snap out of it, but somehow I feel like we've got lots of mopey!Dean ahead.

art by me&tammy
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come Dean and Sam were happy to let them go when they had killed people? I know it was a comedy episode but meh not cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: