Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Becoming Henry Gale" by NepEnut
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: "Becoming Henry Gale" by NepEnut Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Becoming Henry Gale" 07-15-2008
July 2008 contest submission. Ben prepares for the day he becomes Henry Gale. The planning, putting into action and the fallout from the Losties.
Song: Hurdy Gurdy Man by Donovan
Vidder: NepEnut
Length: 3:04 (14.6MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrbhPOJJYSM
http://media.putfile.com/Becoming-Henry-Gale

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've said before, I really enjoyed this, Abby. The quote at the beginning is really cool and creepy, and a good setup for the vid/story, and the song works well with both of those too. The word for it (though I use it too much), would probably be "creepy" and that just describes Ben to a T sometimes. lol Your clip choices were great, and I love the fade transitions. They just work really nicely with the song. Again, don't worry about your storytelling. it was fine, and it's not nearly as hard with canon vids like this. I got it great. It was very interesting, and just all around, pretty cool. I think you told the story of 'Henry Gale' pretty well. And the end! I loved it! The clips, the audio, everything! Ending the vid with stating the actual lie rocked, so go you! Good luck with the contest.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really cool vid Abby! I thought you told the story of the lie really well, and I especially liked the beginning where you showed him preparing Good luck in the contest!

Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video Abby Really good song to use, loved the whole set out of the video, the use of the audio was awesome
Good Luck in the contest
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job Abby. I really liked the audio in the beginning and I think you did a good job with following through with the whole..."becming Henry Gale" lie. Good luck in the contest!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Becoming Henry Gale by NepEnut Reply with quote

kool vid! like the build up to the lie.

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
buffyfan145
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Becoming Henry Gale by NepEnut Reply with quote

Great job!!! You did really good with the bulid up of the lie, and the fallout!!! And the quote at the begining was SO creepy!!! So was the song. LOL Good Luck with the contest!!!
Zodiac48
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Becoming Henry Gale by NepEnut Reply with quote

i was making a keamy video with this song beacuse ZODIAC IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER AND NO ONE EVER USED THIS SONG, BEFORE, THNX ALOT , LOL
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL - I guess this is a case of great minds think alike! Hehe..

Ooo....I'd love to see a Keamy vid to this song, go for it!!

Btw - thanks for the great comments you guys! I'm really glad you enjoy this one, it makes me all warm and toasty inside
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Becoming Henry Gale by NepEnut Reply with quote

This was a pretty cool vid! I thought the storyline was awesome, and this song was so original but worked for Ben pretty well! Good luck in the contest!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Becoming Henry Gale by NepEnut Reply with quote

Great vid, Abby I really liked the song. Great use of clips Good luck in the contest!
Dojh167
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Becoming Henry Gale by NepEnut Reply with quote

Nice one. It was inevitable that somebody would do a Henry/Ben vid for this contest (I mean, is there a better/bigger liar on the island than him?), but I really liked the little angle you gave it in including the whole preparing for it, which still is a bit of a mystery for all of us Ben fanatics (like me!).
LordXwee
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Becoming Henry Gale by NepEnut Reply with quote

Cool vid! I especially loved the preparing part of it in the beginning with find the balloon and digging the grave. Good luck in the contest!
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Becoming Henry Gale by NepEnut Reply with quote

wow i love it!! i loved the whole planning bit the spottin of the balloon etc it was very well put together!!! good luck in the contest!!
2ndTourofFinland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Becoming Henry Gale by NepEnut Reply with quote

The audio at the begining was so creepy... but very cool.. this was a really interesting lie to choose... you portayed if really effectively.. good luck in the competition....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: