Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6x17/18 - The End
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted them to all stay on the island together, but what Jack did was so honorable. He died to save their lives. When he saw the plane and he smiled, he knew they were all safe and that's all that mattered to him. It was beautiful.

I also had a strong feeling it was supposed to be Hurley to take over the island.

Edit: I was also glad that Sawyer and Jack worked out their issues towards one another.

I watched the Kimmel Live with the Lost actors and it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It was just okay.
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was such a fabulous ending! I cried everytime a couple remembered each other and at the Locke/Ben conversation.

The last shot was perfect and visually beautiful.

Although it was sad there was still alot of awesome Lost humour.

When Christian said "these people were the the most important part of your life" I bawled because that is also true to me

I got up too early to have anymore coherant thoughts.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god that was soooo epic!
First of all, Charlie and Claire = EPIC MOMENT! I bawled my eyes so many times, i think each reunion had me crying and the ending! OH MY GOD!
I think the mystery of the island will always be that; there's no other way to explain what it is or how it came to be. It was never going to have a straightforward answer, so I don't know why people are miffed that a lot of questions weren't answers. Most of the big ones, to be fair, have been answered.
I loved the ending, I knew it was going to happen but I thought it was so epically poetic and beautiful and I can see why you'd need to see the Pilot again to get the full effect I cannot believe it's over!
I've never really been a jater but their scenes made me bawl like a baby. Love was definitely a central theme throughout the show. I will miss this show so much. I don't know what I'm going to do without it

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing. SO sad that Jack died but a great ending, loved the eye closing shot. And that Vincent was there.

I like how Hurley & Ben became the new Jacob & Richard. I'm also happy that Desmond survived!

LOVED the sideways stuff where everyone got back together.

Overall this was an excellent ending to the greatest show ever.

I'm not much of a crier, but the moments that really got me were Charlie & Claire remembering, the final Jate kiss on the cliff, and the ending. I can't believe it's over.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the sideways world was the afterlife then? I really like that. It did all seem too perfect with everyone in LA.

The finale was so good maybe a little shipper biased as people have said although seeing Sayid and Shannon reunite made it all worth while for me.

Got to echo people's thoughts on the Jack/Locke fight in the rain on the clifftop that has to rank up there with one of my favourite scenes. It was so amazingly shot and exciting.

Frank coming back made me so happy and I'm sure Millie was overjoyed about Richard or as I like to call him now Ricky boy lol

Loved How Hurley and Ben were like let's do things differently and called Jacob out on his mismanagment.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was anyone else annoyed that when MIB became human he was still all about destruction? I figured when he became human he would have got a conscious or something.

I liked the AU being an afterlife too it made more sense to why things were similar yet had a different to them.

The fight scene rocked.

I loved seeing Shannon again, I was like "Wow, it's Shannon."

I always wondered why she wasn't on the plane, it was nice that they brought her back.

But yeah, I was surprised Ana Lucia wasn't in the church, I wasn't surprised about Nikki and Paulo though, but Mr. Eko not being there...Surprised about that, I thought I heard somewhere he was returning but maybe some scheduling conflict happened.

Michael wasn't there because he's stuck on the island as a 'whisper'.

I was annoyed that the 'why can't women give birth' wasn't answered because I viewed that as a HUGE plot on the show. Especially with Ben, it was something he invested his time in and the reason why Juliet was on the island.

Last edited by Brooke on Mon May 24, 2010 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Michael stuck on the island as a whisper made me laugh I wish we had seen Mr Eko too ;/
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
lol Michael stuck on the island as a whisper made me laugh I wish we had seen Mr Eko too ;/

I wasn't a huge fan of Michael. And the actor threw the Lost writers under the bus in an interview.

I didn't know that Ana Lucia wasn't well liked by fans. I never had a problem with her.

With Nikki and Paulo, I was more annoyed with the 'we weren't here in season 1 or 2' joke.
klost004
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was SO beautiful

the entire meaning...and symbolism was just beautiful...it was so deep and I feel so satisfied! <3

I cried so much!!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could have sworn I posted already, but I guess not!

That was epic. Totally epic. Soooo beautiful!!!

I know some people wished there was more action and that more questions were answered, but I thought it was just perfect. I feel like all the important questions were answered and it's ok for some answers to be left to our imaginations.

I felt like the finale gave everyone a good resolution. The people who had already died still got to live out their ideal lives, and the people who survived 'til the end got to live out their lives and then re-live them in a non-crash world. They all needed each other to cross over. So freaking beautiful. I honestly don't think I've ever cried that hard over fiction. That was truly wonderfully epically beautiful.

I am going to miss that show immensely, but I can't wait to re-live it with all of you through our vids, fan art, and fan fiction.

(((HUGS)))
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eloramoon wrote:
I felt like the finale gave everyone a good resolution. The people who had already died still got to live out their ideal lives, and the people who survived 'til the end got to live out their lives and then re-live them in a non-crash world. They all needed each other to cross over. So freaking beautiful.

Exactly! Very well-said, Julia! I love how we got a "happy ending" in the sideways world.

The more I think about it, the more I like the island ending too. It had a "final" feeling, but also left it open for us to interpret what happened next. Did Hurley & Ben continue living on the island as Jacob & Richard? How did Desmond get back to Penny & Charlie? Where did the plane with Sawyer & Kate & everyone end up?

The finale also had SO MANY great vidding scenes, I hardly know here to start.

I miss Lost already!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can have sooooo much fun interpreting what life was like for Kate/Claire/Aaron. Maybe Skate happens afterall? I wonder if anyone will go tell the Paiks what happened to their daughter? And I can totally imagine Ben and Hurley as Jacob and Richard. I'll bet they get pretty close with Rose and Bernard. They can all live a happy life on the island together. Presumably trouble-free. And yes... DesPenny/Baby Charlie reunion FTW! Let's see those vids!!!!!!!!!!!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was just amazing! cried my eyes out far too much for my own good though!
The final jate kiss on the cliff broke my heart ='(.

absolutely loved the on-island ending with jack back where he started. and claire and kate off to bring up aaron together! (my friend was wondering if jack was going to turn into a new smoky like MIB did when he went into the light and become hurleys nemesis but i loved jack too much to see him turning evil).

Brooke wrote:

I was annoyed that the 'why can't women give birth' wasn't answered because I viewed that as a HUGE plot on the show. Especially with Ben, it was something he invested his time in and the reason why Juliet was on the island.

might sound stupid of me (i've been up since half 4 so my brain isnt fully functioning yet) but does anyone else think this might be to do with jug-head being burried under the houses...leaking radiation maybe?

no questions, jate is fate <3
banner & av by mee =]
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostie_08 wrote:
That was just amazing! cried my eyes out far too much for my own good though!
The final jate kiss on the cliff broke my heart ='(.

absolutely loved the on-island ending with jack back where he started. and claire and kate off to bring up aaron together! (my friend was wondering if jack was going to turn into a new smoky like MIB did when he went into the light and become hurleys nemesis but i loved jack too much to see him turning evil).

Brooke wrote:

might sound stupid of me (i've been up since half 4 so my brain isnt fully functioning yet) but does anyone else think this might be to do with jug-head being burried under the houses...leaking radiation maybe?

That's actually a good possibility. It's not stupid.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No that's an excellent suggestion. I've always thought it had something to do with the bomb maybe after it was set off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: