Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6x01/6x02 - LA X
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackberryman
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, we still have V to look forward to.
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want Juliet back as such, I would just have really liked her to get back to her sister and nephew.

But on the other hand, she didn't die for nthing. Her death was really pivotal to the entire show so it wasn't for nohing as such.

I WANT REAL LOCKE BACK ON THE ISLAND
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As evil as he seems (note seems, as we don't really know him yet), did anyone else find FLocke quite funny? especially this bit:

BEN: You're the monster?
FLOCKE: Now, let's not resort to name calling.

I wonder where FLocke is taking unconscious Richard? I bet it's the Temple
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG lost is back !!!!
This epi was so Epic
charlie and boone are back yay but no shannon ?
And juliets death scene omg so sad, poor sawyer
and i thought she was going to say she was pregnant too, and i still think that i think miles didn't tell sawyer the whole truth because it was to upsetting
i really didn't think she was going to die ;( and yay for badass Kate so awesome i loved the eye shot, lots of cute jateness where they bumped into each other aww, and locke and jack talking in the alt timeline so cool
I loved evreything slightly changing in the alternitive timeline, i think its the main issues in there life have neen removed,hurley is lucky, shannon isn't there to manipulate boone,jack gives locke hope by giving him his card, desmond isn't in the hatch
Loved the skate scene in the lift so cute and i really liked the little kate and miles scenes too
cant wait to see next week

NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still trying to gather my thoughts about this episode, but one thing I will say is that was one hell of a premiere.

I'm happy though that unlike last year, where I had a hard time trying to figure out what was happening & where they were going, this year, I picked up on it pretty quickly. Once I saw Kate in the tree, I kind of figured "ohhh...alternate storylines, woot!" and then it made sense that they'd jump back & forth between the two.....and actually, I thought it worked really well.

One thing that I love about this show is how they keep the same format (island time w/ past flashbacks), but they keep reinventing it - adding flashforwards, and then last year with going between on & off island. And now this year, they're doing it between alternate timelines or something....honestly, I think this is a really unique way of telling the story.

Alright - so onto the few thoughts I had:
Spoiler:

1. I figured it out a bit later (after re-watching season 5), but I also had a feeling that F-Locke was the smoke monster. But as for everything that comes along with that, with the ash & such - yeah, I'm still confused about all that.

2. I was sad too that they brought back Juliet just to kill her off again. But her scene with Saywer was sweet & sad and broke my heart I also thought she might tell him she was pregnant or something, but I think that would have been a little too much - a little too heavy-handed. As for her saying "It worked" - I'm gonna go with that in her dying moments, she caught a glimpse of the Alt-timeline, and realized that things did work out. Either that or things did work out, but they still ended up on the island somehow....

3. Desmond on the plane - still trying to figure this one out. I seriously gasped out loud when he came on and I think this was my biggest question about the show.....just what in the hell was he doing on 815, why did he disappear and why is the island underwater?? The only thought I had regarding Desmond is that maybe, since Faraday mentioned he was special, he's kind of the 'wild-card' so to speak - that perhaps in the Alt-timeline, he's a kind of Mrs. Hawking type character....he shows up to get people where they need to be?

4. As far as Skatey, shippy moments - this was the one thing I didn't care for on the show. I respected Kate for trying to chill things between Sawyer & Jack, but her latching onto Sawyer just because he was vulnerable honestly disgusted me. I know that's just how Kate is, but ugh....it just really bothered me for some reason. I was really happy when he got snippy with her for wanting to stay behind & help him bury Juliet. If she had known better, she would have just left him alone.

5. I have to say, I loved all the parallels between this episode & season 1. All the stuff on the plane, Jack reviving Charlie/Sayid, the Boone/Locke convo - it was all just really fun to see.

6. I kind of have this feeling that both Jack & Ben will be redeemed this season. This was one of the few episodes where I truly felt for Jack - you could tell he was so upset when he realized his plan didn't work. And I think he felt a lot of remorse that Juliet was dead because of it.

And Ben - god, that look on his face after he killed Jacob was just heartbreaking!! I think he had a feeling something was up before he saw Locke's body, but obviously that cemented it for him. I think he's now realizing he's kind of screwed. He got duped into following Locke, who's not really Locke but this evil monster type thing, and obviously, if he tries anything, this thing is gonna kill him - so yeah, he pretty much got screwed... And I think that's what's gonna happen to everyone else too, from the Ajira flight - they're all under F-Locke now, they're all screwed. They're all trapped and I think it's gonna be up to the Losties to save them....

Wow, okay, that's enough from me right now... I can't wait for next week!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
4. As far as Skatey, shippy moments - this was the one thing I didn't care for on the show. I respected Kate for trying to chill things between Sawyer & Jack, but her latching onto Sawyer just because he was vulnerable honestly disgusted me. I know that's just how Kate is, but ugh....it just really bothered me for some reason. I was really happy when he got snippy with her for wanting to stay behind & help him bury Juliet. If she had known better, she would have just left him alone.

I personally thought it was sweet. She was just trying to comfort him. I didn't see it at all that she was latching on again trying to get him back. She just genuinely felt really bad for the guy!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw it as kind of selfish, honestly....I know she wasn't doing it to get him back or whatnot. I saw it more as self-gratification for Kate - "I feel badly for this person, so if I'm here to comfort him and he turns to me, that will comfort me too." I think she did genuinely feel badly for him, but subconsciously, her motives for comforting him were really selfish.

The problem though, is that she knew he was angry, grieving & overwhelmed. He pretty much made it clear the minute he started talking about killing Jack that he was in no place to be comforted. He didn't want it. So she should have just left him alone instead of trying to push herself into his grief.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG LOST IS BACK!!! ARGHH
so many great moments in this episode and CHARLIE!! *dies*
Loved Boone and Locke's interaction and Locke and Jack's moment. Sawyer's heartbreak is just saddening to watch and Juliet's death almost made me cry. I like how they're all in the same time now meaning Sun and Jin will meet up at some point...they HAVE to.
Desmond's appearance on the plane was the first WTH moment for me. I was like :O :O. I can't wait to see where they take this from here.
Anyone else find it kind of funny how Hurley seems to step up into the leader role? He basically leads the trek to the temple and interacts with these "others". I love how they've developed his character. It's one of the most pleasant surprises on the show so far.

Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow so excited that lost is back but sad as it's the last season
But wow what an opender
I loved seeing Boone, Charlie and Claire again
It seems like there's some sort of alternative universe or parrallel universe going on, but I love the interaction between the losties after they got off the plane especially with Locke and Boone, and the Hurley and Sawyer stuff on the plane
I liked seeing Cindy and the kids again as part of the others that was cool
Wow I thought that was cool with having the new Locke as smokey and I for some reason don't think Sayid is 100% Sayid, hopefully we might see some Jacob in there

But great episode
soapbubbles511
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

randomness....the shark in the underwater alternate universe island, had a Dharma stamp near its tail

big picture, so I'll put it under spoiler
Spoiler:

polar bears and... sharks?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, what an awesome episode! I haven't read this whole thread so I dunno if any of my points have been said yet, but I'ma say them anyway.

-First off it was hella awesome to see Dom and Ian on the show again! WOW about Jack having to save Charlie from suicide - I can't believe he tried to kill himself!! What up with that? Would he have done that before? Hmm...

-A theory - Charlie said "I should have died" after Jack saved his life in this ep. What is the universe "course corrects" again, like Desmond talked about in S3? What if everyone who died on the island is going to die soon in some other way? Maybe Charlie, Boone, Shannon, Ana, and all the rest would die anyway even without the plane crash because it's their fate....

-Sayid is too freaking badass to die. The entire episode I was sitting there going, "He's not dead. He's not dead. He's Sayid, so he can't die, just because he's Sayid."

-Elyse and I have a theory about Sayid. What if he's the next "Richard"? Maybe Sayid is immortal now.

-Fake-Locke is totally the devil, aka the Man in Black, but I didn't see the thing with him BEING ol' Smokey coming! I thought they were just buddies, but nooo, they are ONE AND THE SAME!!!

-I noticed how in the alternate timeline where the plane didn't crash, NO ONE is better off. It really makes you think....why DID they all want to go home so badly? All Kate has waiting is prison. Jack has a funeral. Claire would give up her baby. Charlie's a junkie who's off to jail. Hurley has bad luck. Sun and Jin have marital issues. Boone has unrequited love. .....And most of them got over those issues on the island. How will they deal WITHOUT the island??

-Wtf was Desmond doing on that plane?

-Fake-Locke is really scary to me. Seeing Locke in the alternate timeline made me miss the old Locke, if you believe that. At least he sorta meant well. Fake-Locke is the devil. What really freaked ME out was him going, "Hello, Richard. It's nice to see you out of those chains."

-It was kinda fun seeing everyone back on the plane. Shows you how much they've changed! I mean, compare that Sawyer with now!Sawyer....

-Elyse and I also think Sayid is the epitome of a tragic hero. I dunno if any of you are familiar with Aristotle's definition of a tragic hero, but it is along the lines of *cough* "a good and noble individual who, due to a tragic flaw in character, suffers a downfall and brings upon himself great sorrow and suffering." Also, tragic heroes don't die. They live on to suffer. Which actually sounds like Sayid, Sawyer AND Jack. But mostly Sayid because he's coolest.

-I am so over the triangle. Now that Juliet's dead, Kate's back to flirting with Sawyer? Wtf, woman? You've been over for ages. You're with Jack now. Get used to it.

-It's cool seeing how everyone's paths cross without the plane crashing. Oh Boone...."If the plane crashes, I'm sticking with you." Don't do it, sweetie, you'll get yourself killed!

-I kept expecting Claire to wander out of the jungle. Maybe next week.

This season is shaping up to be amazing.

art by me&tammy
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:

-I noticed how in the alternate timeline where the plane didn't crash, NO ONE is better off. It really makes you think....why DID they all want to go home so badly? All Kate has waiting is prison. Jack has a funeral. Claire would give up her baby. Charlie's a junkie who's off to jail. Hurley has bad luck. Sun and Jin have marital issues. Boone has unrequited love. .....And most of them got over those issues on the island. How will they deal WITHOUT the island??

Actually Hurley said "I'm the luckiest person ever" or something like that. I think most of them are actually happier for some reason. Locke said he went on the walkabout and was happier. Sawyer seemed less snarky I wonder if he didn't kill that guy this time.. Charlie and Kate seem to be the ones who are still having a bad time of it.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul - don't forget Jack too....his dad just died and the freaking airline loses the coffin?

Obviously there's significance to that, but still...kind of sucks to be Jack right now too...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't think Jack, Charlie or Kate were ever gonna be happier with the paths they're on. Rose seemed happier too bet she doesn't have cancer Boone over Shannon..
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
HobbitRockGod wrote:

Actually Hurley said "I'm the luckiest person ever" or something like that. I think most of them are actually happier for some reason. Locke said he went on the walkabout and was happier. Sawyer seemed less snarky I wonder if he didn't kill that guy this time.. Charlie and Kate seem to be the ones who are still having a bad time of it.

BUT, Paul, bad stuff never happened to Hurley. In that sense, Hurley was always lucky. Bad stuff only happened to people around Hurley. Like remember in Numbers, when he crossed the bridge, he knew he'd be fine because nothing bad ever happened to him, but when Charlie tried to cross the bridge it collapsed? I don't think that's really changed.

As for Rose...well, by that point she'd accepted the fact that she had cancer and was going to die. She was always just happy to have Bernard around.

And Locke....I think he was "pulling Boone's leg" as he said. I really can't see that he would've done the walkabout in his wheelchair. Also wouldn't he be on a different flight if he went on the walkabout?

But meh. Just what I thought. I could be wrong, I spose.

art by me&tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: