Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"LOST" by Ashley

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: "LOST" by Ashley Reply with quote

"LOST" 01-22-2006
A short awesome video that deals with all characters
Song: Battle song by Chronicals Of Narnia soundtrack
Vidder: Ashley
Length: 0:31 (1.62MB WMV)

Link: http://storeandserve.com/download/77466/LOSTNarnia_0001.wmv.html

harpreetd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... sorry Ashley but the video doesn't work for me
Maybe its just me but, won't play as a WMV, Real, DIVX file...
I really wanted to see your video
LostFanForeverAshley
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

Are you sure? cause I just tried it myself, i downloaded it from the link and it downloaded and loaded unto real player fine with me

Maybe u need a updated real player or something, but its working fine with me

Please try again, i hope it works for you, I really want you to see it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't work for me either. I tried it a couple of different ways, with my download manager and without, and all I got was a page full of symbols or it just would say "complete" after it downloaded 12 KB. When I tried to open it, it said that the file extension didn't match the file type. Hm....

~Aislynn
SteelerFanMary

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked for me.
LostFanForeverAshley
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Steeler- and what did you think of it?

Hmmm i dont understand, cause it works for me, and works for steeler, maybe u guys need to use internet explorer with the link, that happened when i was trying to watch a friends vid, and i did it by IE and it worked

Keep trying and keep me updated, so i know whether i need to fix it or not, but it works for me..try realplayer, cause it should load up realplayer, or save it, and load it on realplayer or something, but i mean it works

And plus its a short video..like 31 seconds, so the download isnt long

keep me updated on it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to load this in ie to get it to stream properly on media player. A cool plugin for firefox is ie tab so you can load pages in a mini ie within firefox. Check it out:

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=1419
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that was the trick. You have to use IE to stream it into Media Player. *high-fives Paul* You da bear!

That was a nice vid, Ashley! I liked the heroic sounding music with the shots of each of the characters!

~Aislynn
LostFanForeverAshley
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Awww thanks so much for the comments, im glad you liked the video!! It does seem very heroic doesnt it? the musics from the Narnia soundtrack, its the battle song, I love it, and it fits perfect for the vid in my opinion

but im glad you liked it

PLEASE PEOPLE REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW!!!! IT WOULD MEAN ALOT
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a nice get your feet wet short but it was too short IMO.

Good quality of footage but the aspect ratio (meaning they looked too skinny) was messed up for Boone, Shannon, Locke, Claire, Ethan and Sayid. Another don't do is to have the subtitles for the Sun/Jin clip at the end (unless the dialog is needed for the development of your vid idea/theme).

The music was good and majestic so it would be nice for a longer piece with some sort of "story" or theme.

My lost music vids
LostFanForeverAshley
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks for the comments....i dont understand what u mean with them looking skinny, they looked fine when i watched it and sorry for the subtitles, i wanted to get it done

dont worry, im doing a REALLY awesome LOST video to the entire battle song, its looking great so far
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I mean by "skinny"

Here is a shot from your video of narrow or skinny Locke:

Here is the same shot I took from the episode Hearts and Minds at the 16:9 aspect ratio:

Here is a shot from your video of skinny Sayid:

Here is the same shot I took from the episode Hearts and Minds at the 16:9 aspect ratio:

Hope that helps out a little. I think the editor you use messes up the ratio sometimes. I did these captures using SONY Vegas 6.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, MoreLight comes with still pic evidence and everything! (I, uh, was actually going to investigate this myself, just to see what you were talking about. Thanks for saving me the trouble! )

I can almost promise that this is the work of WMM. It has a particular "twitch" about aspect ratios, especially version 2. When I switched from 1 to 2, it split half of the clips I had into widescreen and the other half into full frame. DESPITE the fact that ver 1 "saw" them all as widescreen. And there's not a thing you can do about it.

You can switch the preview view between 4:3 (full frame) and 16:9 (widescreen) but it DOES NOT render them that way. Believe me, I tried that.

As for now, all of my clips are 16:9 but my vids render 4:3, so I have that same "skinny" thing, too. It shows up on some clips worse than others.

Grrrr.

Anyway, that was really awesome of you to provide the pics, MoreLight!
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would annoy me to no end if my editor couldn't adjust the aspect ratio correctly, but then I suppose if it were a choice of a $400 editor and a free one in some cases you have to live with it and do the best you can.

Alternatively you could just collect all the times for the clips and someone with a different editor could collect the clips and e-mail them back if you were doing another vid and wanted it to look uniform. This would add several steps to the vid but it might be worth it. Let me ... ahem I mean the nice person know if you need some of such clips.

My lost music vids
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: