Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Walking Dead (Season 2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Dale's face when Lori said she and Carl hadn't had 'The Talk'. I thought it was strange that a boy of his age asked what sex the baby was when they've had no scans or anything :S:S

Um..Is Lori suggesting that Rick kill Shane? I don't like Shane, but don't kill him

Loved the Carol/Daryl and Glen/Maggie scenes. Daryl yelling at Carol was really hard to watch and emotional but I kind of liked it because it seems like Daryl's rant was more about himself than Carol (not having anyone, being alone and not knowing what to do, etc.) and that made me realise how similar they really are
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Daryl yelling at Carol was really hard to watch and emotional but I kind of liked it because it seems like Daryl's rant was more about himself than Carol (not having anyone, being alone and not knowing what to do, etc.) and that made me realise how similar they really are

That's what I thought, too. That Daryl was talking more about himself than about Carol... he needed to let some steam off though and all his anger and bitterness and sadness about not having been able to rescue Sophia. If the moment hadn't been so intense and emotional, I would've almost laughed about how she just kept staring at him while he was going on about his daddy issues
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
It was less slow than last weeks! I really enjoyed the angsty convo between Lori and Shane but I dint understand why she is being so manipulative and telling Rick what she did about Shane. Is she really that scared of him?

I didn't get this either.. Lori suddenly turned against Shane and it suggested to me she wants him dead or gone at the very least

It's pretty funny how Rick always seems to be making the dumb decisions like calling out to those guys in the bar and telling them their friends were killed by them. Shane always seems to have the right of it in situations although his methods are questionable, yet Rick is seen as the savior of the group. Loved Andrea sticking up for Shane saying he's done more than Rick has. It is true because Rick only joined late on. I really love those two together so hopefully they hook up

Be interesting if the threat to the farm ends up being humans rather than walkers..

Oh that trailer looks super cool
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys! I'm procrastinating getting work done for school so I randomly stopped by LVI. And then, upon realizing I don't have many people to talk The Walking Dead with, had to post in this topic!

Anyway, I've read all the comic books, so at first I was pissed at the stuff they were changing, but now I don't really mind. I've kind of started looking at the show as a sort of supplement to the comic books.

Everything under my spoiler tag only regards how the show differs from the books. So if you don't care about the books, it doesn't matter. No spoilers for the show are under there.

Spoiler:

For instance in the books, Shane dies at like the end of the 6th issue or something. Obviously they are going to keep him around a long time in the show, which is actually a much better choice writing wise. It makes sense to have his character remain around, because it's so much more interesting. It just creates better conflict.

Also, I was REALLY MAD they killed Sophia, because she is still alive in the comic books! and the books are like 89 issues or so in. Like I was so pissed reading the last book cause she was in it, but they killed her in the show

Anyway, I about had a heart attack when Lori got into that car wreck. I would be freaking out! I kept turning to my boyfriend when we were watching and saying, "Now that is a stressful situation." Hahaha. [/spoiler]

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So cool you're watching the show, too, Jourdan!
Yeah, TWD has quite a bit of a fanbase around here!

Quote:
Anyway, I've read all the comic books, so at first I was pissed at the stuff they were changing, but now I don't really mind. I've kind of started looking at the show as a sort of supplement to the comic books.

I haven't read the comics, tbh, but I think they keep changing things so that even the readers of the comics won't be able to tell what's going to happen next. It's probably what keeps them watching and they won't get bored (because they already know everything).

I've heard that the next episode is going to be entirely about Rick & Shane, with a bit of the quadrangle in there as well. No Carol, no Daryl, no T-Dog.
I'm not sure if that's true - I'm finding it hard to believe that there'd be NO Daryl in an episode - but if it is, I'm not too happy about it. I mean, I'm really enjoying the whole storyline that's taking place around Shane, but I desperately need my dose of Caryl!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching sunday's episode, I do feel like Lori is taking what dale told her to heart rather quickly. I mean, Dale has no prove except for what Shane has said to him and everything, and I believe that Dale telling Lori at this moment in the show will start more issues that they might not need at this time if you know what I'm saying.

Plus, with the way Rick is kind of possibly going in the same, or at least similar, path as Shane will make things even worse. I think he's becoming more stressed and possibly can't handle anymore and now knowing that his wife and best friend got together thinking that Rick was dead, will cause Rick to maybe think that Shane might do anything he can to keep him around Lori. Now that lori is pregnant, that will make both men do whatever they can to keep her safe and think that baby is theirs.

I love daryl and Carol to be honest and I think they need each other right now; they both lost people they loved and cared for, and he went to great lengths to try to find Sophia, even almost dying in the process just to bring back her doll to the group. You can tell that they care for each other now that they have more in common than just the survival of the zombie attacks.

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know in that conversation between Carol and Daryl, did Carol think Daryl was going to hit her? I'm not sure, it KIND of looked that way, as if she was so used to it from her husband. And she also said "go ahead" which made me think that.

On the other hand, it kind of just seemed like Carol was just letting him vent out his feelings, and she was standing there instead of storming off because she knew he needed someone to vent to. I like this reason better
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
You know in that conversation between Carol and Daryl, did Carol think Daryl was going to hit her? I'm not sure, it KIND of looked that way, as if she was so used to it from her husband. And she also said "go ahead" which made me think that.

That's exactly what I thought! She was letting him unleash on her, and that way she flinched back because she's used to men who yell at her eventually hitting her. Which I hope Daryl realizes!

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
On the other hand, it kind of just seemed like Carol was just letting him vent out his feelings, and she was standing there instead of storming off because she knew he needed someone to vent to. I like this reason better

I'd actually root for this theory. I think she knew and felt that this was exactly what Daryl needed in that moment: To go mad at her, himself and the whole world for not being able to protect Sophia.

And she doesn't storm off because, on the one hand, she knows that he just needs to do this, needs to let off some steam, and on the other hand, she's used to men being loud and violent.

I don't think that he would've hit her - nor do I think that Carol believed he would ever hit her. However, I think that Carol must be having this almost kind of "natural" instinct to flinch back when a man comes storming at her in a loud and aggressive way.

I love this scene so much. It's so powerful!!

I love how Carol stays so calm through most of the scene, just watching him and letting him rage. She doesn't seem too impressed by his behaviour... except for the end, when he yells at her that she should've kept an eye on her daughter. I think that one actually hits and hurts her - more than being hit physically ever could.

I love how you - as a viewer - keep wondering if Daryl is raging about Carol or about himself actually with all of his "You're all alone. You've got no one. You don't know what to do with yourself..." I think it's a bit of both, but probably mostly directed at himself rather than her. He's desperate and hurt because he couldn't save Sophia. He's mad at himself because he allowed himself to get involved emotionally, he let himself care for someone else but himself... and now he's aching because of that.

What I haven't figured out yet though is him saying "Sophia wasn't mine".
Why do you think he said that??
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assumed it's because Sophia wasn't his to care about, yet he took her as his responsibility to find like she was, and now he regrets that =P
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so worried this weeks ep wouldnt be on cos of the Oscars! I didn't exhale until I was watching the opening credits!

Lovvved the opening scene, anything with walkers swarming and the gang in strife is awesome However my heart jumped up into my throat when Melissa's name wasn't there But i should have guessed, no Carol, Daryl or Caryl in a whole episode?? No Glenn? No Dale? No Carl? :S Evil.

Seriously slow episode, made better by the boys! I srsly love Rick/Shane, they have so much chemistry!!! So much love between them <3 With the right music and slowing down the scenes, their fight could easily be turned into a sex scene

LOVED the fight between Andrea and Lori!!! <3

I wish it wasn't so slow, but the action was awesome Ugh; Rick coming back for Shane is one of my new fave scenes ever

Next weeks promo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqemYtW3huk - EEp! does Daryl say "You took a shot at my boys?" yay!!

sneak peek 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywHb554-V74&feature=related

sneak peek 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jmix-CxsRg&feature=related

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a good episode on the Rick/Shane and Lori/Andrea frontline and there were many really good scenes with Maggie as well (gotta love that girl!!). I missed the other characters a lot though.

How come that that Randall guy got his knee totally damaged only a week ago in the show's timeline but now his legs seem to be totally fine again, huh??

Thanks for posting the links to the promo and the sneak peeks of next week's episode, Kat

I like how Daryl seems to be standing up for the group, judging from the promo. It looks a bit like Daryl's falling back into his old patterns of being loud and angry and aggressive though. Carol's not gonna like that!
I hope the writers won't have them falling apart again. That would break my heart!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh snap! Andrea just burned Lori pretty bad. She does seem to still be living in a world where laundry is as important as guarding the farm

So happy Rick went back! Lori Macbeth didn't have her way.. they are best friends after all and hopefully they can come together for the greater good.

Loved the Shane/Rick stuff. Less of a fan of the farm scenes although it was cool to see Andrea and Lori lock horns.

Daryl looks like he's gonna open a can of whoop ass on that guy next week. Looks awesome! I personally think he's a bad egg so it's all good.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Yeah I couldn't believe Lori said that to her! I think maybe Lori is jealous of Andrea.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
LOL Yeah I couldn't believe Lori said that to her! I think maybe Lori is jealous of Andrea.

Yeah, and vice versa, I'd say... with the way Andrea was talking about giving Beth false hopes of having "a husband, a son, a baby.... and a boyfriend!"
That was such a cool moment between these two ladies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16

Jump to: