Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

January Contest Information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: January Contest Information Reply with quote

January 2012
Contest: New Year's Wishes and Resolutions (Multi-Fandom)
Deadline: January 31st

Don't we all know it:
It's New Year's Eve, we are having a great time partying with our family and friends, wishing our beloved ones all the best and happiness and health for another year to come.

And secretly, yes quietly and secretly, some thoughts sneak up on us: What do WE wish for in the new year? What are my goals and aims? What do I need or want?

That is exactly what we want to hear from you in this month's contest:
What are YOUR goals, aims and wishes for the new year? It can be anything from I want to be nicer to my parents and siblings, over I want to spend a wicked weekend Disney World to I want to find the love of my life!
Or how about some fandom-related wishes like your favourite ship finally getting together or your favourite character becoming the big hero?

Here's the deal though: You have to use clips from at least three fandoms to underline and visualize your goals and aims! We are asking you for a range of up to and no more than ten resolutions for the new year.

Don't be afraid to come up with some really unusual and crazy wishes. That's exactly what we are looking for!

The Rules

Specific Contest Rules:
• - Make a multi-fandom vid about your New Year's Wishes and Resolutions (up to and no more than 10 resolutions please!). These wishes/resolutions can be personal and/or fandom-related.
• - Minimum of THREE fandoms to be considered multi-fandom.
• - Using text and text effects for your list is very welcome!
• - Trailers, AUs, or OCs (Original Characters) are also welcome.
• - Running time should be no longer than 5 minutes. We suggest the 3 - 5 minute range.
• - The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
• - When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "January 2012 contest submission" exactly in your vid's description.

General Contest Rules:

• - Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page.
• - All regular submissions Rules apply.
• - Only one entry per vidder.
• - Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
• - Please do not use Rapidshare or Yousendit as your only hosting place.
• - If you're using Youtube as your primary link, please also provide us with an alternative link. Far too often, YT is either disabled or muted by the time the contest is ready to be judged. Mediafire, zshare and Megaupload are just a few of the sites out there that can be used as reliable backup links.
• - Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available to be watched at least until after the deadline has passed. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
• - Have fun!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a tough one but it sounds very interesting.

As far as resolutions/wishes do we have to have 10, or is that just the maximum number?

Also is there any rule on how many fandom wishes vs personal resolutions our video should include?

Don't know if I'll be able to come up with a video for this one or not, but I'm gonna think it over.It sounds like a fun contest.

Macaila
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Macaila,

10 is the maximum number of wishes/resolutions but it's no need to have 10 exactly. It could also be five or whatever number you'd like to do.

And no, we don't have any restrictions one how many personal resolutions vs how many fandom-related wishes we'd like to see. That is entirely up to you, i.e. your video could also be personal wishes/resolutions only or fandom-related wishes only or a mix of both.

I hope that makes sense?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh love the idea for this contest! Sounds very cool, I shall have to get creative

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
Hey Macaila,

10 is the maximum number of wishes/resolutions but it's no need to have 10 exactly. It could also be five or whatever number you'd like to do.

And no, we don't have any restrictions one how many personal resolutions vs how many fandom-related wishes we'd like to see. That is entirely up to you, i.e. your video could also be personal wishes/resolutions only or fandom-related wishes only or a mix of both.

I hope that makes sense?

Thank you,Karolina. This helps alot. I've got an idea for a vid,now I just have to find the right clips to fit my resolutions.

Macaila
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deadline is coming up quickly on this one so if you're trying to make it in before the door closes, please let us know as soon as possible!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: