Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May Contest Information
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: May Contest Information Reply with quote

MAY 2011
Contest: "Party Like It's 1999"
Deadline: June 3rd *extended*

The Details
Can you believe it's been nearly a year since we saw The End of Lost? There are so many things that we all loved about Lost - the characters, the relationships, the mysteries! For this contest, that's what we want to see - what you loved most about Lost! Show us what made you a fan, whether it's Sawyer & his con man past, the sweet & tragic love story of Charlie & Claire, or the super-creepiness of the island itself!

To make this a little more interesting, we'd like for you to use a song from 1990s! The 90s saw the introduction of "grunge" music, many boy bands, and plenty of other catchy tunes! For some music ideas, here are a couple of links:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Top-100-Songs-of-the-90s
http://media.www.westerncourier.com/media/storage/paper650/news/2008/02/20/TheEdge/The-Complete.List.Of.Best.90s.Songs-3222200.shtml

It's up to you what song you choose, if it's a cover or remake or original song or whatever, just so long as it was recorded between 1990 & 1999 (so no covers of 90s songs, please, unless the cover was also released in the 90s).

The Rules

Specific Contest Rules:

• -Make a video showing what you loved about Lost to a 90s song (song used must have been recorded in the 90s).
• -No AUs, crossovers, trailers, or OCs, for this contest we'd like to see a canon storyline.
• -Running time should be no longer than 5 minutes. We suggest the 3 - 5 minute range.
• -The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
• -When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "May 2011 contest submission" exactly in your vid's description.

General Contest Rules:

* - Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page
* - All regular submissions Rules apply.
* - Only one entry per vidder
* - Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
* - Please do not use Megaupload, Rapidshare or Yousendit as your only link to host your files.
* - Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available for viewing at least until the end of the contest. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
* - Have fun!

Last edited by Uruviel on Sun May 29, 2011 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! interesting twist. I may just have to give this go round a try. There are a couple of ideas that just pop right out at me.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a fun contest. I'm hoping to be able to enter this month.

I was looking through songs I might like to use and I found an older song that was included on a Greatest Hits album that came out in the 90's. So I was wondering if we are allowed to use a song from a different decade if it was included on a Greatest Hits album released in the 90's.

Macaila
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im1oftheOceanic6 wrote:
I was looking through songs I might like to use and I found an older song that was included on a Greatest Hits album that came out in the 90's. So I was wondering if we are allowed to use a song from a different decade if it was included on a Greatest Hits album released in the 90's.

Macaila, so sorry I didn't see your post until now! Anyway, we asked for the song to have been recorded in the 1990's, so unless it was also recorded then in addition to being released on a Greatest Hits album, then no, sorry, that's not what we're looking for with this one.

I really do hope that you find something that will work for you, though! And the same with you, Tammy, of course! Is anybody else thinking of taking a crack at this one? There's still a week left, so there's plenty of time to get an entry in and, as always, if you need an extension, please feel free to let us know and we're happy to accommodate as much as we can!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a 90's song I liked that I think will work well for what I loved about Lost.

I might have to ask for an extension. I've just started to find the time to begin working on this vid.

Macaila
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you found a song that will work, Macaila! If you need an extension, just let us know! Looking forward to your entry!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macaila, I'm so glad you were able to get your vid in in plenty of time!

Is anybody else working on an entry for this one? We'd really love to get a few more entries in, if at all possible! We'll be glad to extend the deadline if you need a bit more time. Just say the word!
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you go ahead an extend it a bit? I've been kind of going between two different ideas, but I think I decided on one to do, but I've just been really busy this whole week with helping a friend move. A couple of days should work. Thanks!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have nothing to add about the contest expect I LOVE your banner. "We give a Chuck" so cute and clever!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, Tammy, we can extend the deadline! New deadline is June 3rd! If by that time you are still not done, just let us know & we can go a little more.
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Heather! I'm hoping to have it done by then!

Thanks Brooke! A group of Chuck fans created a "Save Chuck" campagin called "We Give A Chuck" we did twitter promotion and everything, and we saved the show one last time! LOL
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to get an entry done for the contest but it may take me 'til the 3rd of June.
Stacy Lane
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, Stacy! The deadline has already been extended to June 3rd but if you need a few more days beyond that, just let us know. Good luck, I hope you're able to enter! ♥!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot! I got my video done so I'll upload/submit it in a little while. Friday afternoon at the latest.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've just about reached the deadline, so if you need any extra time, let us know now!!! Otherwise this contest will close shortly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: