Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's your number?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: What's your number? Reply with quote

I can't remember if we did this in Spam or if we had a thread for it, but I'm curious; what's your number of Lost seasons in order of how much you've liked them? For me, it goes:

1, 6, 2, 3, 4, 5.

season 1 - it was just really epic all around. everyone got a fair chance at a storyline and all the relationships started forming. it was just a great season.

season 6 may drop down in the list depending where we end up; but so far its sitting pretty in position 2

seasons 3 and 2 are pretty much on the same level, but 3 loses out due to lack of Claire/PBJ and the fact they killed Charlie.

season 4 - i didn't like because of the complete neglect of Claire/Charlie/PBJ.

season 5 - bad season all around. apart from 5x11, which actually ended up going nowhere, i didn't like it at all.

So, what's your number?

Last edited by littleton_pace on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season 1 is just simply the best all rounded season. Everything was fresh and it was so exciting to explore these characters. Always going to be hard to beat. Reveal of Kate's plane was one of the few low points.

Season 3 gets a bad rap. The last run of episodes are some of the best of the series. Nikki and Paulo were a big mistake but their episode was actually really good.

Season 6 so far has been great apart from the Kate episode and the latest episode. Can still go up a few notches but probably won't topple season 1.

Life and Death of JB, the poorly told Danielle story and Ben with stupid hair let season 5 down for me. Loved everything else about it though.

Season 2 second to last because it was very inconsistent. Finale was amazing as was Other 48 days but too much fluff in there.

Season 4 at the bottom just because of the length of the season even though it had my favourite The Constant. The Other Woman was a low point.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1, 6, 3, 2, 4, 5

One was, of course, the best just because it was new and ALL my favorite character were ALIVE!

Season six is rockin' so far.

Despite the tragedy at the end of S3, I still really liked it because there was penty of Charlie and I enjoyed the "Others" plotline.

2 was boring in places, but better than 4 and 5.

4 just got screwed up by the writer's strike. It would've been better, I think. S4 also killed another of my favorite characters.....Alex.

S5 kinda sucked.....

art by me&tammy
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 3 5 1 2 4

season six is just amazing. end of

season three had the madness of the past two seasons but the awesomeness of the Others... plus the introductions of Ben (as the leader of the Others) and Richard

season five was the season that got me obsessed with the show so it deserves a spot

season one was just better than seasons two and four

season two I can't remember much so it can't have been that good

season four bored the crap out of me.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1, 3, 2, 6, 4, 5

Season one was just so great b/c it was so new and you didn't know what the hec was going on and it just had the special newness of a show you know you will become obsessed with.

Season 3: Skate sex....no need to say more!

season 2 was still fun and new!

season 6 kind of seems new again with all the sideways stuff and its the last season so you gotta cherish those last episodes.

season 4 was fun with the flash forwards but like Paul said the season was too short!

season 5 was just weird with Suliet and dharma...didn't like 5 too much.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh sooo hard to choose but I'm going...

1, 6, 5, 3, 4, 2

...I think anyway They're pretty much all so close in awesomeness for me

The only reason 2 is last is because there's 1 episode I usually skip in a rewatch, The Other 48 Days. Great first time round. 2nd,3rd,4th,5th...not so much

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that episode b/c of Ana Lucia!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine would be: 1,6,3,5,2,4

Season one: As everyone else has said, it was new and exciting, and Charlie had his biggest storyline that season.

Season Six: is just full of awesomeness so far. Crazy, Creepy Claire is amazing *though I miss regular ol' Claire* and I love how the sideways world and the "real" world is coming together.

Season Three: Even though it had the demise of my favorite character, it also gave all us PB&J lovers the fluff that we needed.

Season Five: SULIET should I saw more?

Season Two: Some of this season was boring to me, not a big fan of the Ana-Lucia character, but I loved Charlie's storyline in this season.

Season Four: Did not care for this season. Too much going on in too short a period of time.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna be different!!

4, 1, 3, 2, 6, 5

Season 4 - Action packed, best finale out of all of them, DES/PEN REUNION! Need I say more? Oh and an Bendiana Jones. Seriously, there's no beating Bendiana jones. And I seriously don't understand all the hate on The Other Woman. Sure, it was a filler episode, but it was a good Juliet story and hello? It gave birth to "YOU'RE MINE!"

Season 1 - I think if Season 4 hadn't been so action packed & exciting, this would have been my number one. But it's a good number two (hehe ) and it's by far the best character-driven season there's been. And it's definitely the most well-written season.

Season 3 - It was around Season 3 where I was starting to give up on the show - I didn't feel it was going anywhere, it didn't feel like it was leading up to anything, and it was by far, the most aggravated I've ever been watching the show. But then they ended an episode with "KATE DAMNIT RUN!" and all the episodes from thereon out picked up and got more and more interesting....and you gotta love Season 3 because it totally changed the game of the entire show. If anything, I respect it for that.

Season 2 - Before season 5 & 6 came along, I'd have to say this was probably the weakest season. It was just overly repetitive - it took like 5 episodes to finally find out what went down in the hatch, not to mention Michael's whole "WAAALLLLLLTTTT" crusade, and Ana Lucia's god-awfully annoying mistrust of everyone & everything around her. It just seemed to meander...but upon re-watching a couple times, I've sort of come to appreciate it in the grand scheme of things.

Season 5 & 6 - In all honesty, I feel the same way about both Seasons 5 & 6 - they're both just kind of 'meh'. More questions have been created than answered (moreso in Season 5), characters who used to be rich & well-developed have become a parody of themselves (i.e. Sun's main dialogue for two seasons has been "I need to find my husband/where is my husband!" Seriously? They couldn't have given her anything else to do in the meanwhile?) and in all honesty, it's just been lacking in quality. I'm liking Season 6 a little bit better, mainly cause of all the answers and I find the sideways story intriguing, but it's pretty much on the same level as Season 5. Too much pointless, meandering junk and not enough storyline and answers.

The one thing I did really enjoy about Season 5 though was Sawyer's whole transformation. They really did a good job with his character in that season, but then they went & ruined it all by killing Juliet. Which is another reason I didn't like Season 5....they killed of pretty much the best, less annoying female character on the show....
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like the Tempest story was a lame dharma station and I didn't like Harper. The you're mine scene was great. Season 4 was a fun action orientated season but it was too short and like people said it tended to rush episodes like Cabin Fever. Shape of Things to Come was epic Loved the finale it felt the most like a movie of all the seasons it was mostly action and not mystery though when I prefer a mix of both.

I like O48 days despite Ana Lucia

Agree with Emma in that there is not much between them and I love each season overall. I just tend to like to bitch about the show's faults it's easier than to celebrate it
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how just about everyone is listing S5 as their least favorite.... I thought Elyse and I were the only ones who felt that way....

art by me&tammy
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Eryn I think with Suliet, then killing Jules, time travel, lack of Claire, stalled plotlines and no answers; we were just all fed up!

rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3, 4, 6, 5, 1, 2

Season 3 -
I loved season 3 because it had the most epic ending ever. Ever. I also loved that we started to learn about the Others.

Season 4 -
I loved the slow reveal of learning who the Oceanic 6 were and seeing how everybody got to where they needed to be, IDK if that makes sense or not. I got so excited seeing the titles each week as they got closer to "rescue". Also, There's No Place Like Home - enough said.

Season 6 - I'm not loving the island stuff as much but I am so interested in the alternate reality! However, it's position in my favourites is tediously balancing on how it ends so it could plummet to the bottom.

Season 5 - This season made me love Miles <3 and as I've never shipped Skate, I really fell for Suliet. It also made me happy that both Charlotte and Dan died in this season...

Season 1 - So this is a pretty epic season but when I rewatch I find it kind of boring. It is still revolutionary tv but I find the pace too slow when I know what's coming so it made the season fall down a little in my opinion.

Season 2 -
This season was pretty awful. I hated how the first 4 episodes seemed to drag on forever and then I found the season too Locke orientated
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most definitely to start with S1 as that was the most shocking i.e. made you want to watch the next eppy RIGHT AWAY

then...S3, S2, S5, S4, S6
DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season 1 was like nothing ever seen on television. Enough said.

Season 3 simply because it had the best episode in the whole series "Through The Looking Glass". I'll never forget how my mind exploded after that flashforward at LAX. This season got off to a terrible start but once the producers knew they had an end date for the series, it really picked up.

Season 5 was cool to be able to see everything that happened in Dharma times and finally start to get some answers via time travel.

Season 6 has been lacking for the most part except for a few episodes (Dr. Linus, Happily Ever After, Ab Aeterno) but I'm keepin the faith because I know the finale is going to be the best episode in television history. Especially with the dream team of Damon, Carlton and Bender directing.

Season 2 was great to start because we finally got to see what was in the hatch and meet Desmond, but they dragged it out for 22 episodes and it got a little stale. I also hated the tale section passengers, other than Echo.

Season 4 suffered due to the writing strike and was never really able to get in a groove. I was expecting more from this season considering the way season 3 ended but I just never got invested in the freighter characters and Micheal's pointless return. Seemed like almost an unecessary season considering the way it ended with the same scene in the funeral parlor in the Season 3 finale.

But it's tough to really put them in order after Season 1 which is obviously the best. I really loved them all and the way they all had a different story telling method. Lost is simply the greatest show ever made. There will never be anything like it ever again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: