Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leave Season Two Alone!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Leave Season Two Alone! Reply with quote

I'm sick of people constantly saying they think season two sucks compared to season one. This season has been kinda different to the first one, but not in a bad way. It's been answering several of the questions and has had some very interesting and exciting things happen. I think the main reason people don't like it as much as they did is because the show is changing. Not changing for bad, not necessarily changing for good, but just changing.

I mean, think about it...here's a comparing of episodes from season one to episodes from season two...

1x01: Pilot VS 2x01 - Man of Science, Man of Faith: Both absolutely awesome starts to the seasons. I mean, sure, since the pilot was the first ever it's always gonna be one of the greatest of all eps, since it's just that special. But all the modern technology in the hatch, Shannon seeing Walt in the jungle, the mysteriousness of Desmond, the whole "Is Locke absolutely insane?" thing...made for one great start to Season 2.

1x02: Pilot (Part Two) VS 2x02: Adrift - Well, I gotta say Adrift wasn't really that great...but it did fill us in on stuff that couldn't have been explained all in the season premiere. It's a medium-ish episode.

1x03: Tabula Rasa VS 2x03: Orientation - Both are great eps, but in this case I think the season two ep was not only as good as season one, but better. It was great to see what was under the hatch, and while we're used to all the stuff in the hatch now, the first time I saw that, I was just going "wow" continuesly, and I doubt I'm the only one.

1x04: Walkabout VS 2x04: Everybody Hates Hugo - Again, both very good eps, but the Locke ep wins yet again. Walkabout was one of the best eps of season one. Still, I thought 2x04 was just as good as most season one eps, and had some very funny moments, and the ending was really nice, especially with Rose and Bernard.

1x05: White Rabbit VS 2x05: ...And Found - Okay, let's face facts...2x05 was probably the worst episode ever. Ahem, moving on...

1x06: House of the Rising Sun VS 2x06: Abandoned - I know a lot of people think Shannon's death was pointless, but I disagree. It led to some good tension between characters. It could've been done better, but I think it was still done quite well, and the rest of this ep was very good too, like the way they worked to help Sawyer stay alive. I can't decide which one I like best out of these two, since they are both very different.

1x07: The Moth VS 2x07: The Other 48 Days - While seeing Jack almost die and Locke help Charlie get over his heroin problem was very touching and all, 2x07 was...well, it was almost like the Pilot all over again. And I mean that in a very good way. It was so well put together and gave us some insight into what's up with the others.

1x08: Confidence Man VS 2x08: Collision - Well, these are both very good episodes. I actually can't decide what's better...watching Sawyer tied up to a tree while Shannon has an asthma fit, or watching Sayid tied up to a tree while Ana Lucia has a fit over killing Shannon by accident. Draw.

1x09: Solitary VS 2x09: What Kate Did - I liked the way 2x09 was set out...it was just very mysterious in a different kinda way to normal, and had little jokes here and there that made it more interesting. But then there's the first time we meet Danielle, which starts several big things.(Like Hurlielle ) 1x09 wins, but 2x09 is still a top ep IMO for being so different to other episodes. And the ending to it, with Michael talking to Walt on the computer, is great.

1x10: Raised by Another VS 2x10: The 23rd Psalm - Hmm...Well, it rocked to see so much of Eko, who seems to be the most popular of the new characters. And the way it explained the plane was great too...also the fact that we saw the monster. And in 1x10, there was a cool flashback and a great cliffhanger. Can't decide between the two...maybe I should flip a coin or something.

1x11: All the Best Cowboys have Daddy Issues VS 2x11: The Hunting Party - Man, that's hard....both have a lot to do with the Others, both have Jack flashbacks, and both keep us entertained the whole way through. We see the hatch for the first time in one, and we get a good look at the others for the first time in the other....Sorry to be so repeditive, but I gotta make it a draw yet again.

1x12: Whatever the Case May Be VS 2x12: Fire + Water - Since Limewire won't let me download 2x12 ( ) I can't compare the two. I'll be able to when the ep comes out in Australia in, what, seven weeks?

1x13: Hearts and Minds VS 2x13: The Long Con - I'm giving this one to 2x13, since watching Boone sleep with his stepsister isn't my idea of great entertainment. I found it much better to watch Sawyer do several cons in his flashbacks then another one on the island. And who doesn't like seeing Jack freak out?

1x14: Special VS 2x14: One of Them - Like with 2x02, 1x14 isn't terrible, but it just isn't that entertaining...Sorry, Michael and Walt. Besides, Naveen Andrews is fantastic in 2x14. And it's great to see Danielle back, bringing along Henry Gale, who is a really strange and mysterious character.

1x15: Homecoming VS 2x15: Maternity Leave - Dammit, both bloody brilliant episodes! The evil side of Ethan or the kind side...Can't choose. Another draw.

I haven't seen ep 2x16 yet, so I won't comment on that. I just hope now atleast some people realise that while Season 2 is quite different, it's really just as good. Sorry if I damaged anyone's eyes reading all of this. I just had to say what I've been thinking for a while now.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They think season 2 sucks?
I, for one, think season 2 rock my socks off dude.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No-one thinks it sucks...well, not many...but a lot of people are saying it's nowhere near as good as season one. I just don't think that's true.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be easier to judge the second season once it's over. I think there have been some really great episodes this season and some really poor ones. More great ones than poor ones though. I think they have struggled with flashbacks more this season as they have less room to manoeuvre in them with characters. I loved episodes like Other 48 Days, Maternity Leave that used flashbacks differently or didn't use them at all. I hope for more episodes like these which helps keep things fresh for future seasons.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerbil, season doesn't suck....it's just that season one had such a newness and I think people just miss that. And they've answered some questions which kind of leads you in scarey direction.

I don't think it sucks. Just a few eps have been a little lackluster is all. That shouldn't ruin the entire season though.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think season 2 is getting compared overly harshly to season 1. THey've bothy had their ups and downs, and they are indeed very different from each other. Namely, the first season had the advantage of everything being new

Marcus, you may have started this too late. It was desperately needed a month ago... but the last few eps have ruled, so it's kinda unimportant, especially with May sweeps coming up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

last ep didn't rule for me
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly what I think, Hobbes. And yeh I guess I did do this kinda late, I just got most annoyed when I heard Harry had stopped watching.

Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, we moved our "complaining" into another topic thread, what do you people want?

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very thorough post, Marcus!

I agree with everyone here, though. Season two isn't getting much credit and it should. It's had its good share of episodes!
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
Damn, we moved our "complaining" into another topic thread, what do you people want?

LOL I'm sorry Rocksiren, I appologize on behalf of everyone else We want peace! We want peace!

And like I said, it was brought in a little late.

As for Harry: he's a moron As I recall, he left on "One of Them", one of the few we've all actualyl agreed on to be a great one this season. I warned him not to get so obsessed with the show and read all the spoilers by anticipating every ep so much, he's just been letting himself down every time.

I wonder if he even saw Maternity Leave arguably the best ep this season...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Yeah Marcus, just don't pay any attention to what Harry has to say about the show. He's just a little dillhole anyways.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Harry stopped after Maternity Leave.
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Rocksiren.

The reason I was annoyed isn't because it was Harry, it was just the fact that anybody could quit watching a show this great. And yeah, he did stop watching straight after "Maternity Leave"...even more confusing.

Harry's still cool though...Although he has weird taste in shows and movies (He was saying how great that Pixar Robots movie is the other day. ).

MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pixar never made a Robots movie. You're talking about the one with Ewan McGregor Mel Brooks and Halle Berry right? That film was released by 20th Century Fox and Blue Sky Studios (Blue Sky also made Ice Age and Ice Age: The Meltdown)

Here's alist of Pixar movies so you remember (in order they were released):

Toy Story
A Bug's Life
Toy Story 2
Monsters, Inc.
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: