Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your LOST 411
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Your LOST 411 Reply with quote

Okay, so, I did a Search and couldn't find any topic like this, so I hope this is all right.

I thought I could create a thread where members, new and old, could fill out a small form about their most/least favorite aspects of LOST, just to see where everyone stands. It would make it easier for especially newer members who don't quite know what everyone else is into, and a better way to connect in the LoST fandom, or whatever. Also, it's an easier way to express your feelings towards the show, instead of having to find a thread to express things like, err, you want Locke's babies or something.

Yeah. Just fill out the form, kay'?

+What initially attracted you to the show (optional):
+Favorite LOST Episode(s):
+Least Favorite LOST Episode (optional):
+Favorite LOST Character(s):
+Least Favorite LOST Character (optional):
+Favorite LOST Ship(s):
+Least Favorite LOST Ship (optional):
+*Your* position in the LOST fandom: (i.e vidder, webmaster, etc.)
+Any Other Facts (optional):

I'll do it myself ASAP - I'm being shipped off to bed now.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thread Michelina Here's mine:

What initially attracted you to the show: I saw the promo for it and thought it might be a cool show.
Favorite LOST Episode(s): Walkabout, Exodus 1 & 2, or any ep that Sawyer is half naked.
Least Favorite LOST Episode: Fire & Water (kind of boring IMO)
Favorite LOST Character(s): Sawyer & Locke
Least Favorite LOST Character: I like them all, they all fit together well.
Favorite LOST Ship(s): Sawyer and Kate (for now)
Least Favorite LOST Ship: I like all of them as well.
*Your* position in the LOST fandom: vidder and new webmaster (trying to write a fanfic...and I suck, so not sure if I'll ever post it)
Any Other Facts: SHIRTLESS SAWYER RULES!!!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice thread! I like!

+What initially attracted you to the show (optional): Saw the Moth, looked like Survivor so I stayed with it , bored, downloaded the whole season, loooooved.
+Favorite LOST Episode(s): Walkabout/any Locke ep. Something cool always happens
+Least Favorite LOST Episode (optional): Hmmm.... Whatever the Case May Be. But it's nto so bad the second time you see it.
+Favorite LOST Character(s): Do I even need to answer this one? Okay, I'll go with Locke, shall I?
+Least Favorite LOST Character (optional): Charlie or Ana Lucia, just because I love to hate them But they're not deserving of the hate really.
+Favorite LOST Ship(s): Hmmm.... I'll go with Skate just because of Aislynn but I loved the Shayid stuff before Shannon died
+Least Favorite LOST Ship (optional): Heh C/C for now, but if a Sawyer/Ana Lucia relationship shows up, well you know what I'll say then!
+*Your* position in the LOST fandom: (i.e vidder, webmaster, etc.) Well, currently I am vidder/council member/moderator/head of council/assistant webmaster to LVI
+Any Other Facts (optional): Everything in this show has two sides to be looked at. Take a close look at any character and you will see their good and their bad, sometimes from the same scene. Even your favourite characters and least favourite can be seen in a completely different light by a different set of eyes. That's why this show rules.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+What initially attracted you to the show (optional): Saw the trailer and the first 10 mins of the pilot got me hooked
+Favorite LOST Episode(s): Pilot + The other 48 days
+Least Favorite LOST Episode (optional): Special
+Favorite LOST Character(s): Jack and Kate...well I'm a Jater

+Least Favorite LOST Character (optional): Charlie, what a wuss
+Favorite LOST Ship(s): Jate rules...oh Eclaire is pretty cool too
+Least Favorite LOST Ship (optional): Umm...C/C
+*Your* position in the LOST fandom: (i.e vidder, webmaster, etc.) Vidder/Council Member/Spammer lol
+Any Other Facts (optional): LVI RULES

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this thread!

+What initially attracted you to the show (optional): Dominic Monaghan, I was a fan of him from LOTR and wanted to see his new show
+Favorite LOST Episode(s): Pilot, Confidence Man, Outlaws, Exodus, Man of Science Man of Faith, What Kate Did
+Least Favorite LOST Episode (optional): none really, I guess I'll say Adrift
+Favorite LOST Character(s): Sawyer, Jack, Kate
+Least Favorite LOST Character (optional): Ana Lucia
+Favorite LOST Ship(s): C/C at the moment
+Least Favorite LOST Ship (optional): Jack/Ana
+*Your* position in the LOST fandom: (i.e vidder, webmaster, etc.) vidder, webmaster
+Any Other Facts (optional): Lost rules!!!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+What initially attracted you to the show (optional): Same as Heather Not a huge LOTR fan but I have the boxsets.
+Favorite LOST Episode(s): Walkabout, 23rd Psalm, Confidence Man, Exodus Part One.
+Least Favorite LOST Episode (optional): Adrift, ..And Found.
+Favorite LOST Character(s): Locke, Sawyer.
+Favorite LOST Ship(s): Skate
+Least Favorite LOST Ship (optional): Shoone
+*Your* position in the LOST fandom: LVI Council Member, Vidder and occasional maker of lost movie poster manips.
+Any Other Facts (optional): I've preordered Bad Twin but I wanna pre order the soundtrack too get it out there already!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+What initially attracted you to the show (optional): ala Pauly, liked LOTR and Dom being in made me more interested.
+Favorite LOST Episode(s): MoSMoF,
+Least Favorite LOST Episode (optional): Collision, One of Them
+Favorite LOST Character(s): Sawyer, Hurley, Locke, Eko
+Least Favorite LOST Character (optional): Ana Lucia and Ana Lucia
+Favorite LOST Ship(s): Skate
+Least Favorite LOST Ship (optional): Jawyer [it annoys me sometimes]
+*Your* position in the LOST fandom: (i.e vidder, webmaster, etc.) Vidder... wrote some fics/ teh #1 Spammer
+Any Other Facts (optional): When I first saw the commercials for LOST I thought it was a mini-series. derp
Anya
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What initially attracted you to the show (optional):I downloaded a Claire/Charlie video and thought that they were really cute together... A couple months later Lost came to our TV...So I started watching...
+Favorite LOST Episode(s): Pilot pt 1 and 2,Confidence man (that's when I became such a huge Skate fan), What Kate Did...
+Least Favorite LOST Episode (optional): The Long Con (I like the sweet and cute Sawyer better)
+Favorite LOST Character(s): Sawyer,Kate,Claire,Locke...
+Favorite LOST Ship(s): Skate, Jaire
+Least Favorite LOST Ship (optional): Shayid
+*Your* position in the LOST fandom: Just a vidder
+Any Other Facts (optional):
Quote:
SHIRTLESS SAWYER RULES!!!
lol

Banner made by PsychoCynic
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+What initially attracted you to the show (optional): A discussion on my main message board home about "Dominic Monaghan's new show" "Plane crash" "Gilligan's Island with an X-Files twist", I think were the phrases being bandied about. It sounded interesting. I caught the pilot. And was hooked, from that first shot of the tennis shoe.
+Favorite LOST Episode(s): Probably Raised By Another, Special, MOSMOF, Fire + Water, The Long Con.
+Least Favorite LOST Episode (optional): "What Kate Did", maybe. Or "Tabula Rasa". "Born to Run"? No, definitely "Born To Run". (Or "Collision"...)
+Favorite LOST Character(s): Charlie, Claire, Desmond, Shannon, Sawyer, Sun, Michael, Walt, etc., etc.
+Least Favorite LOST Character (optional): Jack, Kate, and ANA-LUCIA MUST DIE.
+Favorite LOST Ship(s): Charlie/Claire is my OTP, but also love for Bernard/Rose, Sawyer/Shannon, Sawyer/Sun, Hurley/Libby, Hurley/Starla, Hurley/Shannon, Michael/Sun, Michael/Libby, Michael/Shannon, Desmond/Shannon, Desmond/MysteryPhotoChick, Grownup!Walt/Shannon, Sayid/Danielle, etc., etc.
+Least Favorite LOST Ship (optional): Anybody/Kate, Anybody/Ana-Lucia
+*Your* position in the LOST fandom: (i.e vidder, webmaster, etc.) Vidder, ficcer
+Any Other Facts (optional): It's not a bad thing when the show ruins your favorite pairing and throws them into a pit of despair. At least, it's not a bad thing if you're me.

sig by niki blue
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+What initially attracted you to the show (optional): Was on my comp, it came on one Saturday night. Thought it was a made for TV movie at first. My life hasnt been the same since.
+Favorite LOST Episode(s): The Moth, Confidence Man.
+Least Favorite LOST Episode (optional):Has to be Adrift and the Season 1 "Finale"
+Favorite LOST Character(s): Sawyer, Boone, Jack, Kate, Ana Lucia (because everyone hates her!)
+Least Favorite LOST Character (optional): Locke, Hurley (sorry hes REALLY annoying)
+Favorite LOST Ship(s): Skate, or Sana
+Least Favorite LOST Ship (optional): Libby and Hurley, Locke and, well, anybody, but for now Locke and Claire
+*Your* position in the LOST fandom: (i.e vidder, webmaster, etc.) Council Member & Vidder
+Any Other Facts (optional): I love Michelle Rodriguez! Im sorry but I do! I have ever since "Resident Evil" where she kicked ass. I dont think everyone should judge her so much, considering our lovable band of freaks we know/love. Leading people and keeping them safe is a burden.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+What initially attracted you to the show (optional): I knew the guy in LOTR was in the show so I decided to watch it and got super hooked
+Favorite LOST Episode(s): Confidence Man, Raised by Another, Everybody Hates Hugo, Homecoming
+Least Favorite LOST Episode (optional): grrrr….. Fire & Water
+Favorite LOST Character(s): Charlie, Claire, Sun, Jin
+Least Favorite LOST Character (optional): grrrr…Locke
+Favorite LOST Ship(s): PB&J, Sun/Jin, Jate
+Least Favorite LOST Ship (optional): Skate, Conmamma, Eclaire
+*Your* position in the LOST fandom: (i.e vidder, webmaster, etc.) vidder/spammer/pb&j shipper
+Any Other Facts (optional): LVI is the greatest site ever invented, and long live Peanut Butter!!!

Banner: Shinythings
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Your LOST 411 Reply with quote

+What initially attracted you to the show (optional):The plane crash! I admit it, I'm a sucker for a good plane disaster movie of the week thing, so when I realized this was a series based on that premise, I had to check it out! I was totally enthralled by the opening scene of Jack's eye opening and couldn't wait to see more! Also, I knew of Dom from my massive LotR obsession and wanted to check it out for that reason too.

+Favorite LOST Episode(s):"Confidence Man" and anything with Sawyer in it in which he does NOT squish a tree frog. (Ewww.... )

+Least Favorite LOST Episode (optional):Not really any that I just hate but probably "Special" and "Adrift" (although I love the Sawyer scenes in that one, naturally... )

+Favorite LOST Character(s):Sawyer, Kate, Locke, and Claire

+Least Favorite LOST Character (optional): Original group: Michael and Walt. Again, I don't hate them or anything. I just tend to not care tremendously about them. Tailies: Ana-Lucia. I've tried. I just don't like her... (Though I'm a firm Jana supporter because that keeps Jack away from Kate... )

+Favorite LOST Ship(s): Skate!

+Least Favorite LOST Ship (optional):C/C (Probably because I tend to ship Claire with just about everybody else: Sawyer, Locke, Ethan...)

+*Your* position in the LOST fandom: (i.e vidder, webmaster, etc.) vidder, nosy WMM question girl ("Are you having a problem with WMM? Can I help?") Also, I tend to give out virtual food, particularly cookies. A lot.

+Any Other Facts (optional): I strongly believe that everybody has the right to like whatever characters or whatever ship they like. There's no reason why we can't all just get along. Anybody wanna cookie?

Hobbes wrote:
+Favorite LOST Ship(s): Hmmm.... I'll go with Skate just because of Aislynn

Ah, I've trained you well, Padawan... *gives cookie*
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+What initially attracted you to the show (optional): Had read about it in the TV Guide, sounded cool, watched it...kept watching and loved it.
+Favorite LOST Episode(s): I'm with Hobbes, all the Locke episodes rock. And Exodus was great too.
+Least Favorite LOST Episode (optional): Hmm...I don't like the Michael ones, particularly "Adrift". But they're still pretty good.
+Favorite LOST Character(s): Locke/Hurley.
+Least Favorite LOST Character (optional): Boone. And as for in way of "love to hate", then Jack. He's a great character to insult.
+Favorite LOST Ship(s): Hurlielle. Duh.
+Least Favorite LOST Ship (optional): CC!!!
+*Your* position in the LOST fandom: (i.e vidder, webmaster, etc.) vidder, fanfic-type...guy, and guy who says random stuff about the show.
+Any Other Facts (optional): I see dead people...oh, wait, about the show? Nope, nothing.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Nate's woulf sound a bit like this.....

+What initially attracted you to the show (optional): Bored
+Favorite LOST Episode(s): Bored
+Least Favorite LOST Episode (optional): Bored
+Favorite LOST Character(s): Bored
+Least Favorite LOST Character (optional): Bored
+Favorite LOST Ship(s): Bored
+Least Favorite LOST Ship (optional): Bored
+*Your* position in the LOST fandom: (i.e vidder, webmaster, etc.) Bored
+Any Other Facts (optional): Hi

I wuv you Nate
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What initially attracted you to the show (optional): Honestly it was the cast. The promos were great, but the cast list really sold it for me. All of them were from previous fandoms of mine. Ian, Foxy, Daniel, Harold, & Emilie... okay, even Dom, I am loathe to admit. It wasn't just the names, but the fact that it was obviously an ensemble cast which I'm highly attracted to.

Favorite LOST Episode(s): This is hard for me to say. The two part pilot is classic, but I also really enjoyed All The Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues. This is a hard question to answer.

Least Favorite LOST Episode (optional): Probably Fire & Water.

Favorite LOST Character(s): I identify with Jack quite a bit so I have to say him. Next up is Eko. I love him. Alternatively I have to say Sun to be sure. And finally, Libby. There is something about her that I just really like. I did NOT expect that at all.

Least Favorite LOST Character (optional): Do I really have to say it. Charlie, charlie, charlie. What an utter waste of screentime! I'm sorry to everyone who likes him but his character just has no redeemable qualities. Sawyer is that "love to hate" kind, which is awesome. We need that. But Charlie is just this completely self-serving, whining crybaby. I cannot STAND him.

Favorite LOST Ship(s): Slashy kidding aside, I'm a Jack and Kate shipper at heart. Then there's the island's official supercouple Sun and Jin. But I'm not against the idea of a Sun/Michael infidelity. Haha. (That to me would be the more interesting triangle, a concept which they dropped.) I like the idea of the ConMama ship as well. I ship Charlie with a Polar Bear (and we all know how that one ends.)

Least Favorite LOST Ship (optional): Sawyer/Kate and Charlie/Claire

*Your* position in the LOST fandom: (i.e vidder, webmaster, etc.) I've made both vids and icons.

Any Other Facts (optional): Die Deutschen fahren wie die Wilden!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: