Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Stockholm Syndrome" by Aislynn
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: "Stockholm Syndrome" by Aislynn Reply with quote

"Stockholm Syndrome" 01-22-2006
Kate/Ethan - dark, twisted and very AU
Song: Stockholm Syndrome by Muse
Vidder: Aislynn
Length: 3:34 (12.4MB WMV)

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87JUxyuwEKk
http://www.badongo.com/vid/207198
http://www.villainous-imagination.com/aislynn/Aislynn_StockholmSyndrome.zip
(Permalink generously hosted by Ringwench)
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my entry into Laura4lad and Adlin's Muse challenge over at Lost-Media.

Here's a Rapidshare link, just in case anybody would like it:

http://rapidshare.de/files/11534833/Aislynn_StockholmSyndrome.wmv.html

Hope y'all enjoy! I wanted to do something dark, creepy and just plain "out-there" for this one.

~Aislynn

ETA: YSI link, get it while it's hot!

http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=381H6SXLJKN372NZ0Y93QY197M

Last edited by Aislynn on Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh! :I loved this! Kate/Ethan...who woulda thunk it? Well, of course you would, Aislynn! Another perfect vid displaying your creativity.

Ahh where to begin...how about the end? I absolutely adored the concluding twist with Charlie - totally didn't see that coming. And for once, I wasn't depressed after watching a vid with an implied Charlie death.

Seriously, this was totally awesome. Man. If only this had been made when Ethan was still alive [or maybe he still is...*dun dun dun*], I would have probably been secretly pining for Ethan/Kate amongst all the triangle stuff. Really, you have made something about the idea of Kate/Ethan so appealing with this video. This is, hands down, the best AU I've seen in any fandom...KUDOS!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was cool! Did you use Sony Vegas or WMM to do that? Really cool effects in that.
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She uses WMM

You already know I hate it.
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn! All that with WMM. That's insane, it would drive me nutz. MM is so limited. But I guess if you know how to fiddle with it, then you can really make good use of it. She sure did, I didn't even know that MM had all those capabilities.

Thumbs up, Aislynn. You really know how to work WMM. Good Job!
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She does some without WMM. Like in Paintshop and stuff
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn, I think this is your best vid yet! It just amazes me how you can get so much out of Photoshop and WMM! Kethan is the best fake couple since Hurlielle, infact I think I'll let them tie now after seeing this!

I loved the effects of the plane everywhere. Then the thing with the target, and those flashing parts with the "Olux" colours or whatever they're called. Then the big ending with Jack and Ethan fighting, Charlie coming along and killing Ethan, and finally, Kate going and hanging Charlie! I noticed a bit of Phantom-of-the-opera-ish stuff here, with Kate loving the crazy killer. Cool! Oh, and great music too. Even though I know you had to choose that song or another Muse one.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelina: Thank you bunches and bunches! Awww, I appreciate all you said so much! After working on this vid for so long, I swear I was starting to root for Ethan to win Kate over! I'm glad the part with Charlie didn't totally bum you out! Thanks again!

Fan4Lost: Yep, just like MG said, I use WMM 2, Paintshop Pro and Animation Shop for my vids. In this particular vid, I screencapped like a mad person, sent them over to PSP and AS and created still pic GIF animations, then sent them back to WMM and fit them back into the timeline. It's pretty time-consuming (at least the way I do it! For instance, the opening alone took well over a hundred frames to do), but I like the weird things I can come up with. Thanks for the review!

MovieGuy: Thanks for always reviewing so quickly. Luckily, I know how to speak MovieGuyese. If you ever just say you like one of my vids and that's it? Then I'll know I'm in trouble!

marcus: Ooo, a tie with your beloved Hurlielle? I'm touched, honestly! And you totally get a gold star for noticing the Phantom influences! Adding in the plane was the very last major idea I came up with and it really helped me to tie the whole vid together (I, uh, hoped! ). Thanks so much for reviewing!

*big squeezy hug for everybody*

Or, if you choose to opt-out of the big squeezy hug, you can just take a cookie of your choice from the virtual buffet. Whatever works for you...

Thanks!

~Aislynn
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, a gold star and a hug! I'm such a teacher's pet!

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy wrote:
She does some without WMM. Like in Paintshop and stuff

Never would think to use them, that's pretty cool.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already said how great this one is, but I'l;l say it again:

BEST AISLYNN VID EVER.
BEST ETHAN/KATE VID EVER
BEST AU EVER.

I never appreciated this song until this vid. It always seemed like the title was completely disjointed from the actual music, but in this vid the two are finally tied together with an amazing story! Kate had Stockholm Syndrome! I didn't even realize that ;the title fit the story the first tiem I saw this, I was just too wrapped up in the actual video to think that not only did you tell a great, believable, AU story, but you managed to make the song even better in the process Unbelievable!
All the animation was unbelievably complex and amazing looking. It wouldn't be the same without it, and it really got the effect across. Particularilly the target-locked one, and the "love look" that surrounded Kate while Ethan was stalking her at the beginning.
And you say that you have to stop making vids about two people who've never been in the same scene together, btu I still think this was as good... nay, better! than it could ever be. To me the vid was all about Kate rather than Ethan. Every scene with her, even those that weren't with Ethan, had a great point to it that made the whole vid make perfect sense. Genius!

But anyway, enough with the unchecked praise but I did indeed love this one! Now you've got a new goal to top Aislynn LOL Good luck at the contest!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved it. Some really cool effects you used. I particularly liked it when you cut the scene to when Ethan gets shot from pummeling Jack. That was so great.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i said at the LF.....woa. i bow down to you.

Banner by me
Avatar from http://www.oh-blake.com

AI survey - What’s been your toughest obstacle in life?

Blake - The obstacles of life.
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. My. God.
I have lack for words on this one, Ais. As brilliant as brilliant is... Fantastic!

Though I have one question, and it may sound a bit stupid, but what is really "The Stockholm Syndrome"? As a half Stockholm-resident and a Swede I should know it, but I don't. I do know it's about, like, kidnapping á la Ethan, but I don't know... I'd be really happy if anyone could care to explain

FANTASTIC VID!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: