Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vegas Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Vegas Help Reply with quote

So, since last night my Vegas has been freaking out.

Last night it kept throwing up errors when I tried to render a collab part. So today I tried rendering the collab part in smaller parts, and it still kept giving me errors. So I tried to copy the clips from the project that was giving me issues, and paste them in a brand new project. It rendered almost halfway through the part before it froze and wouldn't render and further.

So I change tactics, and rendered the collab part in two seperate parts in .MOV format. This seemed to work, and then I imported these seperate parts into a brand new project and rendered in HD .WMV format, and it rendered like a charm!

So I started to render an entire collab video for my collab group, and it froze at 1%. So I started at the beginning trying all the different tatics, and the only one that seemed to be working was to cut the entire video in half, and render them in .MOV format, and import them in a brand new project, but this would cause around a 3 or 4 hour render time...So I just opened an entirely new project, reorganized the entire video, and tried to render in HD .WMV, and it was working well, and it got to 58% but after my last check it's like it's frozen, but it's now the entire window that's frozen and I can't do anything with it.

The ONLY thing different I've done to my computer since it started acting up was to download and run Spybot Search and Destory, that friend had suggested to fix a problem that I have with Flash Player crashing and my WMP refusing to play .WMV videos. After I ran that, is when Vegas started to act all funky.

I also, uninstalled vegas and reinstalled it today as well. Any SUGGESTIONS would make me incredibly happy.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how much help I can be to you,but when my Sony Vegas has had trouble rendering in the past,it's always been a memory issue. Sometimes Sony Vegas thinks your computer doesn't have enough memory to render an entire video. If that is the problem you may have to temporarily remove any extra picture,video, or music files you have on your computer.

As far as Spybot, I have that installed on my computer as well, and I've never noticed it to cause a problem with my Sony Vegas.I don't know if it would block anything vital to Sony Vegas functioning properly, but I've never had any problems between the two programs.

I know how frustrating it can be when Sony Vegas just stops working.I hope you're able to find a solution to get it working again soon.

Macaila
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far it's just been those two videos...and I was able to trick vegas into doing what I wanted...it just took way longer than I wanted it to. Since then it's been acting fine *fingers crossed*

I don't really keep anything but software on my laptops hard drive. I keep all my music and video and picture files on my external hard drive, so my laptop always has plenty of space on it...

I dunno....sometimes vegas just acts all kooky for no reason LOL.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anytime that happens it's usually a corrupt clips. And it's uber annoying because for hte most part they're really hard to to find the problem.

What I end up having to do is rendering sections then putting those rendered sections into SV and rendering the complete vid that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: