Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Locke an other?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Locke an other? Reply with quote

Now beside my personal feelings about Locke (Hobbes- I can HEAR you warming up your fingers ready to trade barbs)- but this isnt about that. My mind is constantly going back to whatever he encountered in the jungle at the end of 4. Before that, I mean he was kind of strange, but he became dramatically different. How perfect would THAT be for a spy? Someone who really WAS on the plane? And he did spend all that time with Ethan, etc.

Just a weird thought. ANyone else have any ideas about the end of 4?

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit I did think maybe Locke had been turned back in the day when Walkabout aired but since I have come to love and respect Locke for the man he is. He did attack Sayid but I think the guy has a stronge sense of honesty and moral grounding. I guess he interprets his actions differently to the normal person but he has everyones best interests at heart.

Even in Numbers and DEM I thought maybe there was something odd about Locke. To be honest even if Locke was twisted and an Arvin Sloane figure where he turned to the dark side so to speak I think I would still love him as much. It is not about being a good person it is being a cool character and it wouldn't bother me if maybe he didn't have the best intentions actually I think I would like it as long as it didn't lead to him leaving the show or anything.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I don't have any problem with THIS kind of discussion about Locke. In fact, earlier on when we were only about 12 eps in, I thought he might be being controlled by the island like a puppet or something
Like Paul says, it doesn't matter if he's good or bad or whatever, but what he does now, to me, seems like a concious choice to do the right thing. I think he has a different view of what that is, but there have been numerous times where I completely agreed with his actions rather than another person's, like just a couple weeks ago when Jack wanted to charge after Ana armed with guns, and Locke wanted to talk it through. I used to thik he was strictly evil, but now it's either it's been too long since I've seen his darker side and forgot abotu it, it never really was there in the first place, or he's hiding his cards so well nobody even knows they're there.

But yes, it would be a great plot twist for Locke to be the MOLE, so to speak (anyone keeping up with mysterious spoilers and stuff on internet sites might get a kick out of that ) but it might be almost too obvious

All we know is somethignstrange and very important happened to him that day. He not only came back alive, but towing the boar the monster killed. He's been deifferent ever since. I've always held that as the most important part of Locke's journey, which is why I left it for the final scene in Speed of Sound.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes- you think the monster killed the boar for him? Oh I just figured after he and the monster had a nice chat (no poking fun intended, honestly) that afterwards he went and killed it. I really never thought of it much...

I stopped with the spoilers. Too much misinformation, plus so many theories could make your head spin.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
zandra

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think u could be right about him. by the way thats an interesting signature.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hobbes- you think the monster killed the boar for him? Oh I just figured after he and the monster had a nice chat (no poking fun intended, honestly) that afterwards he went and killed it. I really never thought of it much...

That's kinda a guess, but it's likely that's the case due to the audio from that scene - The boar squeals like it was mortally wounded or something, so I'm guessing the monster killed the boar.

Thanks zandra! the sig's an oldie but goodie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: