Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Falling Inside The Black - Shane Walsh" by KajaM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: "Falling Inside The Black - Shane Walsh" by KajaM Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Falling Inside The Black - Shane Walsh" 12-09-2011
For Nikki whom I'd promised to make a dark and angsty Shane vid. Hope you enjoy! Spoilers for all of S2 so far!
Fandom: The Walking Dead
Song: Falling Inside The Black by Skillet
Vidder: KajaM
Length: 2:44 (43MB mp4)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7kuOq4ti_I
http://vimeo.com/33427050 (Password: kajavids)

Last edited by KajaM on Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:39 am; edited 2 times in total
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikki, I know you had a wish for a Shane/Lori/Rick triangle vid on your wishlist. I tried... but it was really crappy all over the place I'm just not good at this triangle stuff.
I then remembered though that I'd sort of promised you to give it a try with a dark and angsty Shane vid, so here it is now! I hope you enjoy it, even though it's only "a bit" trianglish
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! I loved it and I thought it had lots of good Shane/Lori/Rick moments! I just love the scene when Shane and Lori are having sex in the grass. The lyrics were perfect!! God I love Shane, he's such a hot mess!! This video and the music portrayed him so well. I loved all your quick edits and the transitions and coloring it was all just perfection and I love you for making this for me. You are so sweet! THANKS SO MUCH!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! So happy you like it! I'm always nervous about making vids to fast songs. The beat sometimes just kills me!
I agree with you: Shane really is a hot mess! He sometimes really freaks me out. At other times, I'd like to slap him in the face. In a lot of moments though I cannot help but think that he's right with so many things he says and a lot of people wouldn't still be alive if it wasn't for him. Characters like him - who provoke so many mixed feelings with the audience - are great and really important for a show.

Anyways.... yay, still so happy you like it!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was crazy good Karolina! Loved those colour transitions you used to the beat and the song fit Shane like a glove. Your beat use was spot on. I was itching for a dark Shane video so yay. Loved when you had Shane pointing a gun at Rick and then Dale is watching him.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Paul! *hugs*
So glad you enjoyed it, especially since Shane seems to be a favourite of yours

I really enjoyed all the Dale & Shane moments in the last few episodes. By the looks of it there is more of it to come in February, yay!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Falling Inside The Black - Shane Walsh by KajaM Reply with quote

I loved the effects here as well as the coloring. I thought the intro to the vid was really nicely done. I thought you chose a perfect song and clips to get across the fact that Shane has crossed some lines.
Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was perfect! Shane is my favorite character!! *haters gonna hate* I love the red-ish effects you used, really spot on with the atmosphere of the video! Nice job

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Falling Inside The Black - Shane Walsh by KajaM Reply with quote

That was great, Karolina! Love the coloring!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhh, that is really the perfect dark, angsty Shane song right there! Your editing was awesome, really spot-on and I loved the transitions and coloring that you used!

Amazing work, I loved it!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all so much for the great comments! I did not expect so much feedback on this vid, I'm just... WOW! *hugs everyone*

Brooke: Thank you so much, love! I love this little angry speech that Shane has given in the last episode of TWD.... because, as much as he freaks me out at times, it felt like he was right about it, you know. It's gonna be very interesting where his storyline is going in the rest of S2. Thank you again for commenting!

Deia: Thank you so much, Deia! Yeah, Shane doesn't seem to be really popular ith the fans anymore. I have mixed feelings about him - because he DOES freak me out very often - but he's an important character who keeps the group alive and going so he definitely needs to stay! Thank you again for commenting!

Heather: Thank you so much, Heather! Glad you liked it, especially the colouring. Had to do a bit trial & error before it felt right

Ais: Thank you, hon! I usually try to avoid ZOMG-overused-so-much songs but in this case, I just couldn't help it. It does feel like the perfect song for him... because it shows how he isn't a "natural born evil" guy. Not at all. It's the circumstances that made him fall into this dark place that he seems to be in right now. He has good sides and qualities, too.

Btw, I didn't know you were watching the show, too?
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Falling Inside The Black - Shane Walsh by KajaM Reply with quote

That was awesome, Karolina! The coloring and beat use were amazing! Awesome job!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, hon, especially for your comment on the beat use. I'm not really good with fast songs, so I'm always nervous about posting more action-packed vids. Glad you thought it was good though!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Looks like you had fun with the effects and I like that you chose different ones. They work too! Nice vid!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! Tehe, it was indeed a lot of fun working with so many different effects and quick cuts. I usually prefer slower songs, but I liked vidding to this one a lot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: