Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Terra Nova
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Terra Nova Reply with quote

So I've been doing some catching up here

I've watched episode 7, 8 and 9 in the last few days and I must say that I'm happy that Jemma convinced me to give the show a second chance

It does pick up a lot of pace towards the end of S1 and is a lot more action-packed.

Spoiler:

I'm also really curious to see the rest of the storyline with Taylor's son

Don't laugh at me but I think I have a little fangirl crush on Malcolm
I, umm, seem to be having this thing for hot nerdy guys

Oh, and the guy who's playing Boylan, is he from Australia?
LOVE his accent!!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My work here is done

I'm SOOOO glad you're watching the rest of the show, Karolina!! And that you're enjoying it!! Told ya it got better!

I love Malcolm!! He's one of my favourite characters, after Lucas and Skye

Yeah Boylan is Australian. In fact, a lot of the actors have Australian accents in real life (it's filmed where Kat lives actually!! ) But I guess they decided to keep Boylan's for some reason
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I had no idea it was filmed in Australia. So cool!

Do you know anything about S2, Jemma? Will there be another season?
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that it is filmed in Australia makes me love it even more

I keep stalking Jason O'Mara's Twitter and he keeps telling us that Fox is still deciding!! I think it's looking good though. I think. Fingers crossed!!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really love Boylan! Glad you gave it another go Karolina.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yay! Glad you're caught up. I like Malcolm, too.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize it was filmed in Australia. I like that the show takes advantage of the beautiful place in which it films.

I wish FOX would get around to announcing whether or not it's coming back. It's a good show,it deserves another season.

I've seen alot of buzz all over the web over whether or not it's coming back.If nothing else, all the interest in the show's status should be giving FOX some idea that people really care about this show and want to see it renewed.

Macaila
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw this and thought u all would want to know...

Terra Nova Terra Nova has gone extinct — at least on Fox.

The dino drama failed to get a renewal order from the network, TVGuide.com has confirmed. But all is not lost, Terra Nova fans: 20 th Century TV is planning to shop the series to other networks.

The series, which followed the Shannon family as they traveled back in time from a dystopian future to a prehistoric Earth, premiered to 9.2 million viewers and a 3.1 adults 18-49 rating, but that fell to 7.2 million and a 2.1 by the season finale. Terra Nova was also one of the season's more expensive series to produce, the pilot alone costing a reported $10 to $20 million.

In January, Fox President of Entertainment Kevin Reilly told reporters that the show "was an exciting bet to take. It was worthwhile. We're trying to figure out... if that's the best show [for our schedule]. If we had more holes, we'd be thrilled to lock that right in. ... If this is all we produce, we made money on it, the studio made money on it, and the audience enjoyed it."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Fox-Cancels-Terra-Nova-Canceled-1044499.aspx

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw this over at Entertainment Weekly.That's a shame they canceled it.It was a good show. I hope another network picks it up.I want to know what the story was with the odd objects they were finding in the badlands.

Macaila
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope another network picks it up. Fox are useless, utterly useless.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Netflix might pick it up!

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/television/terra-nova-studio-talks-netflix-steven-spielberg-produced-sci-fi-drama-alive-article-1.1035370

I realise it's expensive, but honestly, if they cut down on the dinosaur CGI I wouldn't care. Just show the dinosaurs less and concentrate more on the characters!!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemma, love your banners. Lucas reaction was perfect for the cancelation news.

Good to hear they are at least talking about a deal with Netflix. The show deserves a second chance.

They really don't need to spend so much money on dino CGI, we know they are there. We don't need to see them in every episode. They should take a page from Lost, just let us hear the scary beast from time to time,but not actually show it.

Macaila
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Netflix Abandons Talks to Revive 'Terra Nova'
The streaming service had expressed interest in picking up the recently canceled Fox dinosaur drama but ultimately passed.
7:00 PM PDT 3/26/2012 by Lesley Goldberg
Terra Nova Season 1 Finale Jason O'Mara - H 2011
Brook Rushton/FOX
"Terra Nova"

Terra Nova is officially extinct, at least with Netflix.

Just weeks after the company expressed interest in picking up the recently canceled Fox dinosaur drama, the streaming service has opted to pass on salvaging the series, The Hollywood Reporter has learned, with Netflix and Terra Nova studio 20th Television unable to come to terms to revive the series.

Netflix's name first surfaced early this month after Fox canceled the pricey drama from executive producer Steven Spielberg and 20th Television but talks ultimately broke down.

Despite international appeal for the series, which starred Jason O'Mara and Stephen Lang, Fox canceled Terra Nova in early March after spending an estimated $10 million-$20 million on its twice-delayed two-hour premiere with studio 20th Television announcing it would shop the series elsewhere.

Netflix, for its part, has continued its aggressive to push into scripted programming, picking up 20th Television's Arrested Development in November years after the comedy ended its run on Fox. It's also spending big on fare from David Fincher (House of Cards), Jenji Kohan (Orange is the New Black) and Eli Roth (Hemlock Grove).

While Terra Nova averaged 7.5 million total viewers and 2.6 million in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demo in its 11-episode first season, it failed to catch on the way Fox had hoped. Its two-hour finale matched a series low in the demo, drawing a 2.1 rating among adults 18-49 and an audience of 7.2 million.

Meanwhile, 20th Television still holds an option on cast members including Lang and O'Mara, who recently joined CBS' untitled Ralph Lamb Western pilot. Co-star Allison Miller also boarded NBC's Go On comedy pilot. Both are in second position to Terra Nova.

http://www.hollywoodrepor...revive-terra-nova-303454

Fox Cancels Terra Nova, But the Show Could Still Live On
Natalie Abrams
Mar 5, 2012 11:15 PM ET
by Natalie Abrams
Terra Nova

Terra Nova has gone extinct — at least on Fox.

The dino drama failed to get a renewal order from the network, TVGuide.com has confirmed. But all is not lost, Terra Nova fans: 20th Century TV is planning to shop the series to other networks.

The series, which followed the Shannon family as they traveled back in time from a dystopian future to a prehistoric Earth, premiered to 9.2 million viewers and a 3.1 adults 18-49 rating, but that fell to 7.2 million and a 2.1 by the season finale. Terra Nova was also one of the season's more expensive series to produce, the pilot alone costing a reported $10 to $20 million.

In January, Fox President of Entertainment Kevin Reilly told reporters that the show "was an exciting bet to take. It was worthwhile. We're trying to figure out... if that's the best show [for our schedule]. If we had more holes, we'd be thrilled to lock that right in. ... If this is all we produce, we made money on it, the studio made money on it, and the audience enjoyed it."

http://www.tvguide.com/Ne...va-Canceled-1044499.aspx

Quote:
Netflix Eyes Cancelled Drama ‘Terra Nova’

http://www.deadline.com/2...vr.it&utm_medium=twitter

EXCLUSIVE: Netflix is already bringing back one cancelled 20th Century Fox TV series, the Emmy-winning Arrested Development. Now the video streaming giant is taking a look at another, drama Terra Nova. I hear that 20th TV and Netflix have been in talks about keeping the pre-historic drama alive. My sources stress that the conversations are preliminary and it is unclear if they will materialize into a negotiation, but for fans of the series left heartbroken by Fox’s decision on Monday not to pick it up for a second season, this is still encouraging news. Immediately after Fox made its cancellation decision, 20th TV made it clear that it would try hard to find a new home for the series and shop it to other networks.

It would make a sense for Terra Nova, a Top 10 DVR gainer, to get a second life on a streaming service like Netflix. During its freshman run, the series‘ 18-49 rating grew on average 44% in Live+7 vs. Live+Same say. In Live+7, the drama starring Jason O’Mara logged a respectable 3.6/9 among adults 18-49. 20th TV, which declined comment, too has an incentive to keep Terra Nova alive as the series, featuring CGI dinosaurs and branded with executive producer Steven Spielberg’s name, is a big international seller. But making a second season of a big-budget series like Terra Nova work financially without a lucrative broadcast network license fee would be very challenging. Yet, 20th and Netflix already reached an agreement once on a high-end show, a new season of Arrested Development, so while not very likely, a deal for Terra Nova won’t be impossible. Keep the faith, fans….

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Terra Nova has gone extinct" These truly original articles are starting to get to me

Everyone should already know how angry this makes me!!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love those original titles.

Like David Boreanaz is on Bones; so I've seen 100 articles with THIS title. "David Boreanaz No Bones About it" Or something like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: