Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Pieces Dont Belong Together (Lost/Gossip Girl Crossove

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: "Pieces Dont Belong Together (Lost/Gossip Girl Crossove Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Pieces Dont Belong Together (Lost/Gossip Girl Crossover)" 10-03-2010
Jack Shepherd is married to Kate, but he begins a dangerous affair with a young girl. Does contain some strong language
Song: I Giorni by Ludovico Einaudi
Vidder: Brooke
Length: 3:13 (29.7MB WMV)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJzFB3OPZBE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJzFB3OPZBE

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew! I'm so glad it said TO Be Continued at the end. I was about to have heart attack because it can't end there!! Great storytelling in this Brooke! I loved it! Especially all the scene swith Jack and Serena(that's her name right?) Like when she tells him she is pregnant and his whole jerkish rant!

So the scene with Kate and the pregnancy test, was she upset that she wasn't pregnant? Or did you mean for her to be pregnant too....ahhhh that would be crazy. I thought the texture was a little overwhelming and distracting, but that's my only crit. b/c everything else was perfect! Gold from me!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
elfmaiden
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Pieces Dont Belong Together (Lost/Gossip Girl Crossover) by Reply with quote

Thats a Gold from me too! Amazing storytelling in this one!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, great job! I really liked this one, Brooke! Your manips were awesome, I liked the ones of Jack and Serena in the hospital. Great use of Po5 clips too! But was Kate actually pregnant cuz the test was false? I can't wait to see the next one cuz I want to know how this all pans out. It's so angsty!

The only little thing I noticed was that some of the editing cuts were jumpy and the texture was a bit overpowering, maybe lower the opacity a teensy bit next time, but I like the coloring altogether. Other than that, it looked great. I really liked this one, even though I don't watch GG! Great audio for your storyline!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Pieces Dont Belong Together (Lost/Gossip Girl Crossover) by Reply with quote

Nikki: LOL! Your comment about it being continued cracked me up. Kate isn't pregnant, that's why she's upset, she wanted to be. I'm not sure if I am going to make Serena lying to Jack about being pregnant, perhaps she thought she was, found out she wasn't, but doesn't want to lose him, so she uses the 'I'm pregnant' angle. Yeah, I shouldn't have used the textures, lol. I had fun with his jerkish rant. It was fun using a different character from another show. Thanks!

elfmaiden- (I’m sorry I don’t know your name). Thanks! I had fun making this. I loved using Serena because of GG she had great clips to use.

Allie: . Thank you, I had fun making this, I loved making the manips. Kat saved my life with Serena clips in the hospital because I couldn’t find them anywhere. A lot of the Serena clips came from her. PO5 Came in handy, YAY for Charlie getting someone pregnant because it worked for my vid! Nope, she wasn’t pregnant, she’s trying so it makes it hard on Kate. I can’t wait to make the next one.
Yeah that was one of my issues, was the textures and editing some of it. I’m glad you liked it even though you don’t watch GG, I’m glad you can get the idea because sometimes if you don’t watch a show and someone does a crossover it can be like ‘Huh?’. Thanks!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was awesome Brooke!!! I'm so glad to see the full thing up on here now!! its excellent!!! such a great story; and the use of Serena was done really well; I loved the scene of them in hospital; and the manip of their kiss. The jate fight about the end worked really well with that blair audio in there! I agree with what Nikki and Allie noted about the texture; the colours were great it was just a bit strong in some places I'm so glad there'll be a a part 2 to this!!

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Pieces Dont Belong Together (Lost/Gossip Girl Crossover) by Reply with quote

Kat - Thanks! I'm so glad that a lot of the different audio pieces worked for the fight, thanks for the idea about Blair's blow up at Chuck, I loved how ti worked too. I still have no idea how the second one will turn out. Yeah, I'm not going to use textures for the second one. LOL.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Pieces Dont Belong Together (Lost/Gossip Girl Crossover) by Reply with quote

Great AU vid, Brooke!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I thought for sure I'd commented the other day, so sorry about that!

I was so excited to see this finally come up! The "outtake" from it is still something that gives me a giggle! (That would've been a whole different sort of vid if you would've gone that route with it, lol! )

Anyway, I really enjoyed this, very cool manips, both audio and visual, and I can hardly wait to see how it's all going to turn out! ♥!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Pieces Dont Belong Together (Lost/Gossip Girl Crossover) Reply with quote

88 wrote:
Great AU vid, Brooke!

Thanks! I had tons of fun making it. I love angsty Jack.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Oh, I thought for sure I'd commented the other day, so sorry about that!

I was so excited to see this finally come up! The "outtake" from it is still something that gives me a giggle! (That would've been a whole different sort of vid if you would've gone that route with it, lol! )

Anyway, I really enjoyed this, very cool manips, both audio and visual, and I can hardly wait to see how it's all going to turn out! ♥!

LOL! It still cracks me up too. If I ever have time I should take that route, but leave Jack's laugh in.

Thanks. I'm still wondering how I should make it turn out, so many options to choose from.

Thanks!
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Pieces Dont Belong Together (Lost/Gossip Girl Crossover) by Reply with quote

I'm making a point of visiting some of your vids Brooke, as I don't think I've watched any. but this was amazing! The colouring was gorgeous and you wove the story beautifully. I could follow it all the way through. Heartbreaking ending but wonderfully done! ¢¾
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Pieces Dont Belong Together (Lost/Gossip Girl Crossover) by Reply with quote

Brooke, this was SO awesome! I don't know how I missed this before. Great manips! I'm off to check out the sequel now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: