Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Five Christmases ~ Slightly AU Ensemble" by elora

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: "Five Christmases ~ Slightly AU Ensemble" by elora Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Five Christmases ~ Slightly AU Ensemble" 12-21-2010
December 2010 contest submission. The Losties over five different Christmases, both on and off the island. Slightly AU. (more info at youtube)
Song: O Holy Night by The ONeill Brothers
Vidder: eloramoon
Length: 4:27 (17.4MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDNj18Vt1Pc
http://www.mediafire.com/?vonkttlgejdqmtd

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow! That was the best Lost Christmas vid I've ever seen Julia! I loved it so much! So, question: Was that a Jaby I saw or just a different version of Aaron? I was hoping it was a Jaby but then at the end I didn't see the Jaby so It must have been Aaron? Still amazing! I loved the Suliet Christmas too! So cute! Gold from me!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Five Christmases ~ Slightly AU Ensemble by eloramoon Reply with quote

Awww, thanks, Nikki! Yeah, it was supposed to be a young toddler version of Aaron, but I *totally* should have done a Jaby, too! That would have been awesome!!! Maybe we'll assume the Jaby wasn't born yet when Jack was reading to Aaron and was napping during the kitchen scene at the end.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that idea Julia and the Jaby was a girl!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Five Christmases ~ Slightly AU Ensemble by eloramoon Reply with quote

That was so great Julia! I did not know Cory was standing behind me watching and he says-thats awesome.. Then he turns and says, does Juliet have a ton of gifts to get or what!! I said she is very loved!! I Gold from me.. Oh and PS i was thought--OH Jbaby also!!! =)
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Five Christmases ~ Slightly AU Ensemble by eloramoon Reply with quote

Great job.I really liked how you made it look like all the 'Others' came over to Ben's to celebrate.I also really liked the ending and how even off the island they still came together as one big family to celebrate Christmas.I also liked how you manipulated the Christmas trees into some of the scenes.Merry Christmas and good luck in the contest.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Five Christmases ~ Slightly AU Ensemble by eloramoon Reply with quote

I really loved this video. My favorite thing about the video was showing the years; 2001, 1977, etc. I just thought that was a really neat and original idea. I really loved seeing Juliet celebrate with the Others; that was really cool. And then the celebration at the end; I just loved it. Really great Christmas video. Good luck on the contest!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Five Christmases ~ Slightly AU Ensemble by eloramoon Reply with quote

Lovely video, Julia! Very cool how you showed the different years.
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Five Christmases ~ Slightly AU Ensemble by eloramoon Reply with quote

Julia, this was really magnificent and beautiful! I loved the peaceful song and all of the happy clip choices! You made five really lovely Christmas stories and I thought each one was so enjoyable to watch. I especially loved the last one with Claire and Kate making food together, that was adorable!! I loved your awesome creativity in making all the five Christmas's in different years, especially the 1977 one which I thought was really cool! Wonderful video, good luck in the contest!!!!!! Oh and also, I actually love your vid pic, it's simple but perfect because it has an on and off island depiction on it.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that was such a cool idea to show 5 different Christmas celebrations like that, on Island, off Island and through all of the different years and various characters! *applause* I really loved that, it was so nicely done! Great work!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Five Christmases ~ Slightly AU Ensemble by eloramoon Reply with quote

OMG, I love this, Julia!!!! You made me "aww" out loud so many times, especially at the end!! I was hoping the boys would come over for Christmas!! I loved all the Christmases you showed in different times. Lovely idea!! Your manips were amazing, I loved how you slotted in Christmas trees and decorations etc to show that it was Christmas Wonderful job!!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that was so sweet and creative Julia! Loved the little ConMama scene, hehe Jate kissing by the christmas tree was so sweet! loved Suliet christmas in '77 as well! and the end with everyone showing up to Claire, Kate and Aaron's christmas was so sweet great job hun! xx

emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Five Christmases ~ Slightly AU Ensemble by eloramoon Reply with quote

Aww that was so lovely Julia!! I loved the 'five Christmasses' idea you had, how you went through the years It was so peaceful and calming I really liked how you added the little extra details to the scenes; like the Christmas tree just subtly placed in the room at 0:45. I didn't notice it at first & then I spotted it and was like "Ooooooh that's so cute!" I really liked the ending too, with Kate, Claire and Aaron, that was so sweet. And I loved the close-ups on the food aswell, the manips of them preparing it were awesome!!! Fantastic job, I really enjoyed watching!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: