Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matthew Fox's Haunted Being Released on DVD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Matthew Fox's Haunted Being Released on DVD Reply with quote

Matthew Fox's former show called Haunted, which didn't even last a season is now being released on DVD. It's being released on April 13th

It's like 26.99 on the US Amazon.

I want to buy it because I do a lot of Jack vids and a lot of the clips would be great for vidding.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know if it's worth watching as a show? Defintely a great source for clips though!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Do you know if it's worth watching as a show? Defintely a great source for clips though!

It is worth watching as a show.

It's about a former cop who's child was abducted, his marriage fell apart, and he's now a PI, and during a case he's hurt badly and flat-lines on an operating table and is suddenly able to connect to dead people to solve their cases.

It's a really good story, overall. You can most likely find scenes online, I used to watch them online, but the girl got her youtube account deleted.

I am not sure why it was canceled, it was a strong show with a strong cast. I think it was canceled because of the network it was on.

Last edited by Brooke on Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:57 am; edited 2 times in total
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just not on Fox, eh? Fox cancels everything. Maybe it would even cancel a show on Fox, with Fox.

(Sorry, couldn't resist! And yes, I am still bitter over Brisco County and Keen Eddie.)

Last edited by thefilmchick on Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefilmchick wrote:
Just not on Fox, eh? Fox cancels everything. Maybe it would even cancel a show on Fox, with Fox.

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

It was a UPN show, and UPN wasn't that well heard of at all. I didn't even have UPN.
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since UPN merged with WB to create the CW, I am pretty sure it's a basic-transmission station now, though, although they don't show many UPN-oriented things on the station.

Come to think of it, that might be why Haunted got canceled. When it existed, UPN strove for a more urban demographic, and I'm not too sure that a Dead Zone-esque show would succeed in that demo.

Just a theory, though, and I don't mean to derail the thread. Best of luck getting hold of it!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefilmchick wrote:
Since UPN merged with WB to create the CW, I am pretty sure it's a basic-transmission station now, though, although they don't show many UPN-oriented things on the station.

Come to think of it, that might be why Haunted got canceled. When it existed, UPN strove for a more urban demographic, and I'm not too sure that a Dead Zone-esque show would succeed in that demo.

Just a theory, though, and I don't mean to derail the thread. Best of luck getting hold of it!

I am pretty sure it was canceled before it merged. It was on right after Buffy was (When they moved Buffy to UPN).

Yeah, that's why I was surprised Buffy, Haunted, and Roswell were there.

I actually think Haunted could have been okay on Fox. I THINK. LOL. Sometimes they're just weird with shows they keep and stick to the curb.

I don't think a lot of UPN shows lasted after the merge. They let the shows stay on for a year, and a year after canceled a lot. I actually do like Everybody Hates Chris. I had no idea what it was until I watched it one day.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been tempted to watch Brisco County Jr. as I love Bruce Campbell and Carlton Cuse was one of the creators
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody Hates Chris is quite good. The writing's generally pretty sharp, and the kids (hell, now young adults) aren't cutesy and annoying. (Nothing turns me off quicker from a sitcom than those kids. You know the type.)

And with regards to Fox (channel), see the edit above. Especially Brisco County, which was stellar for what it was (cheesy Western spoof). I also loved Due South and remain sad that it never quite made it, but that was CBS' fault, not Fox's.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I've been tempted to watch Brisco County Jr. as I love Bruce Campbell and Carlton Cuse was one of the creators

I used to watch it when I was a kid. I had a crush on Brisco.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefilmchick wrote:
Everybody Hates Chris is quite good. The writing's generally pretty sharp, and the kids (hell, now young adults) aren't cutesy and annoying. (Nothing turns me off quicker from a sitcom than those kids. You know the type.)

And with regards to Fox (channel), see the edit above. Especially Brisco County, which was stellar for what it was (cheesy Western spoof). I also loved Due South and remain sad that it never quite made it, but that was CBS' fault, not Fox's.

I am so sick of those 6 year olds going on 45. Sure there are kids who are more mature for their age, but not everywhere you turn, One Tree Hill, I am talking to you.

I love Terry Crews. Lmao. He's one of my favorite character actors. But the woman who plays their mother, stole the show on Everybody Hates Chris. The sister annoyed me, but she was supposed to do that. She was supposed to be the annoying little sister, but she was RUTHLESS.

I loved the 'beating the kids until the previous week' because I've heard those lines so many times. Lmao.
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great news, the show was alright and it was a huge help with making one of my vids
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught the pilot of Brisco County Jr. and Carlton has a cameo role as a painter at the beginning too funny I actually really liked it It's kinda like Indiana Jones but in the Wild West. Also MC Gainey aka Mr Friendly played a baddie.

I'll definetly try and check out Haunted when it comes out on dvd.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I caught the pilot of Brisco County Jr. and Carlton has a cameo role as a painter at the beginning too funny I actually really liked it It's kinda like Indiana Jones but in the Wild West. Also MC Gainey aka Mr Friendly played a baddie.

I'll definetly try and check out Haunted when it comes out on dvd.

I saw MC naked! in Sideways running naked after someone.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw sideways before MC Gainey was in Lost. Kinda glad about that cause it would have been weird.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: