Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The "Claire Fans Unite!" Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: The "Claire Fans Unite!" Thread Reply with quote

Jack, Kate and Charlie have their own fan threads.....thought it was high time Claire had one, yes? Here we can talk about Claire and why she's one of the most AWESOME characters on the show.

So what do you think of Claire this season? Do you think the old Claire is gone and we're stuck with new, slightly crazy Claire, or is it possible we might get the old Claire back? Discuss away, my friends.....

art by me&tammy
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the new Claire and I think she may be able to come back from crazy land but not entirely. I'm hoping once she finds out about Jack being her brother and that Aaron is safe maybe she will dial down the crazy a little!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome thread, Claire's is my absolute fave lostie and always has been I love her slightly nutso, and very badass! I think she'll be able to come back from it Rousseau became less crazy when she was reunited with Alex; and that was after 16 years. I'm just so excited that Claire is finally getting good airtime. I guess it's cos about a third of the principle characters are all dead now, but it's still great to be able to get actual Claire scenes, instead of snippets :S

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I've been saying since about season four that Lost has it out for all my favorite characters and they are all going to end up dead by the end......but I am HOPING HOPING HOPING this is not going to be the case for Claire. Since they got rid of her for one season and brought her back so different.....they've gotta have a reason. She gonna live through it.

art by me&tammy
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I love crazy Claire, it saddens me to learn how she's gone from one extreme to the next. Either she's too quiet and too passive or she's too crazy and too active. Don't get me wrong I love her character and I think she does need to be more active but let's dial the crazy down a little lol
The thing that gets me with this show is it used to be about the characters and then they weave in the mythology as each season develops. Now it's getting a little too crazy for my liking. I'm not a big fan of season six 2bh, which is weird because it's the final seaon.
Claire remains one of my favourite characters because she is (or was) one of the most relateable characters. The decisions she made was based out of love for her son and he is the main reason why she does the things she does now. I love how her love for Aaron is the one thing keeping her going strong now. That to me is pure undeniable constant love.

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda agree with you, Amy, new Claire makes me really sad....I want the old Claire back. I mean, really, we haven't had any good scenes with her since, like, Greatest Hits. She was barely around in S4 and then totally gone in S5.

Gotta disagree with you on S6 though. I like it way more than S5 thus far.

art by me&tammy
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. We'll have to agree to disagree because I liked season five more. My mind might be changed if answers were actually given... lol. Carlton, Lindelof...you have the rest of the season to dazzle me...RAZZLE DAZZLE! lol i really wanted to say that!

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
I kinda agree with you, Amy, new Claire makes me really sad....I want the old Claire back. I mean, really, we haven't had any good scenes with her since, like, Greatest Hits. She was barely around in S4 and then totally gone in S5.

Gotta disagree with you on S6 though. I like it way more than S5 thus far.

No the new Claire is awesome!! She is edgy and cool and interesting! But in the end I hope a little of old Claire comes back...but right now I'm lovin it!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like new Claire... I think a mixture of old Claire and new Claire would be good. Because Claire always did need to stand up for herself a bit. She's finally got her own storyline for a change, now.

icon by becca
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, Nikki, well, I always found Claire interesting, so....

Elyse! What about Maternity Leave and Par Avion?? She stood up for herself in both those episodes! I don't get why people say she didn't stand up for herself....yeesh.

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY CLAIRE! *waves pom poms*

But I have to agree with Amy. I was just nodding my head all the way through reading that post I preferred S5 too. S6 hasn't done much for me yet. I liked the second half of the latest episode and the first two episodes but the other eps haven't impressed me much :S:S:S
SawyerLittleton
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we did saw some pieces of Claire in some of her new scenes. Like that cheery smile she gave Jin in "Lighthouse" and when she saw Kate again (before she told her that she raised Aaron...)

I gotta agree with Kat completely. Claire is my all time fav along with Sun and I'm just happy they're giving Emilie the storyline and amount of screentime she deserves. Finally.

One thing i agree about with Wickedgal is the thing with the characters. With MiB and Jacob setting up everything Season 1-5 appear a little bit useless to me.
But i know lost, so they'll probably do something amazing that will change my mind!
                                 
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! Exactly, Mel - when she talked to Jin and Kate she seemed like her old self. Which makes me vey hopeful that she's still here.

art by me&tammy
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
Elyse! What about Maternity Leave and Par Avion?? She stood up for herself in both those episodes! I don't get why people say she didn't stand up for herself....yeesh.

Yeah, okay, but those episodes didn't further the plot at ALL. Well, Maternity Leave did a bit, I guess.

Don't get me wrong, everyone, I love Claire, always have. I'm gonna agree with Mel when he said that Claire is finally getting the screentime and storyline she deserves. Because prior to now, it seemed like Claire was always kind of a prop for, like, Charlie's story. Or for the last couple years, Kate's story. She deserves her own plotline for a change.

PS - S6 is one of my favorite seasons so far, second only to S1.

icon by becca
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errr, we weren't taling about plot furthering, we were talking about Claire standing up for herself. And Par Avion furthered the plot, that was when we found out Christian Shepherd is her father, and also when she found out about Desmond's visions about Charlie. P I do agree she needs her own plot and I'm soo glad she's finally gtting one!

art by me&tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: