Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Come Back & Stay (Mana)" by eloramoon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: "Come Back & Stay (Mana)" by eloramoon Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Come Back & Stay (Mana)" 08-01-2010
July 2010 contest submission. Ana-Lucia lives, meets Miles, and they have chemistry, but a relationship is not top on either of their lists.
Song: Come Back and Stay by In Flight Radio
Vidder: eloramoon
Length: 4:14 (56 MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGCk-gnvwkQ
http://www.mediafire.com/?9erbiokhu2a41rs

Last edited by eloramoon on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:19 am; edited 2 times in total
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Come Back & Stay (Mana) by eloramoon Reply with quote

This is great. I like the part where Miles is tied up by the sub and anna comes to chat!!! Great Job!!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Amazing job Julia! I loved the story and all your manips! I think my fav was the ending when she's trapped in the fire but then they get her out but she ends up dying anyway! How sad! And I loved the audio at the end! Really made it so much more emotional! Good luck in the contest!!

PS loved the coloring on the island so much!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Nikkis!

@NamasteNikki - I think the boat house part was my favorite, too! I'm so glad you liked it!

@Nikki - I am soooo happy you liked the coloring! It evolved over a three week period, because I was never happy with it. I wanted a prologue color for the very beginning, an on the island color, and off the island color, and an on the island together color. I got everything but the on the island together color (which I think is the one you're referring to), and I knew I wanted something that was sepia but a little bolder and crisper, so that's what I came up with. It makes me really happy you liked it!

Thanks for the comments!!! (((HUGS)))
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Come Back & Stay (Miles/Ana Lucia) by eloramoon Reply with quote

OMG! JULIA! I loved it!!!!!! Squeeing so much right now xD What an awesome couple!! Your manips were just outstanding!! And some of that masking was just amazing!! The colouring was very beautiful. I looved the manip of Ana going to see Miles in the shack thing. I loved it all tbh! The end was so sad! But awesome! FAB job, dear!
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg. what a perfect video! You seriously made me ship Ana/Miles! The whole thing was just so awesome to watch Every single manip in the video looked real and the storyline was sooo good! It was easy to understand what was going on and I didn't need to read anything at all, I just had to watch and I'd understand. You are such a great vidder when you can tell a long and complicated story so easily and make it so believable You did such a fantastic job on this
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Come Back & Stay (Miles/Ana Lucia) by eloramoon Reply with quote

Excellent video, Julia! The story was great and you made Ana & Miles into a great ship!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, that was fantastic! I was totally believing in their relationship by the end of that! I loved how you took the opening and twisted it so that it was only Libby who was shot and not Ana.

All of your manips were really fantastic and the ending was so sad but at the same time very chilling and fitting! I loved it!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Come Back & Stay (Miles/Ana Lucia) by eloramoon Reply with quote

WOW WOW WOW!!! Julia, that was sooo darn awesome!! I loved every second of it! You did such a fantastic job of keeping Ana alive, your manips were brilliant and you totally slotted her into the goings-on of the island perfectly! Your storyline was so fab too, you kept up the pace of it really well, I was really looking forward to what was going to happen next the whole way through

I particularly loved that part in the jungle near the beginning when they first met and Miles gives her that little smile, that was so adorable and made me love the idea of these two so much. And that scene where he's tied up in the cabin <3 AWESOME!! I really loved how you handled the part where she'd gone back home and he was stuck on the island. You just showed them missing each other so perfectly with those clip choices!! My other favourite part was after she came back and she opened the door to him, awww! The ending was so tragically sweet too And I loved that shot at the end of the plane overlayed with his face, the movement in that clip just seemed to fit so well with the music!

Your coloring was really clever and lovely too, it really helped you to keep track of what was happening, and who was where It was just such a fantastic story that was perfectly told!! Incredible work hun, definitely one of my favourites of yours!!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Come Back & Stay (Miles/Ana Lucia) by eloramoon Reply with quote

Julia, you are genious, this was fantastically well done! I love this couple, Miles and Ana, soo wonderful! Your clip choices and manips were incredibly done, especially at 2:44 and then the kiss and then later the part of them holding hands after the fire! Your storyline captured their relationship soo amazingly with a tragic bittersweet ending. I loved your zooms, beat use and use of this song, I loved this song very much by the way Incredible job hun, good luck in the contest!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh; Julia!! this is GoRgeOUS!!

the manips here are fantastic; weaving Ana into the season 4-onwards storyline was so cool and you did it so well. her bond with Miles so obviously grew as I watched

The coulring was a little strong; but it did help with merging all the clips and keeping it consistant and I did like the end whhere you had Blue for off-island, red for on-island, and then yellow for when they came back to the island

the end was so entrahlling, with Ana's house getting hit and then the fallout and her dying. Wonderful job! definitely my new fave of yours

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Come Back & Stay (Miles/Ana Lucia) by eloramoon Reply with quote

I liked your video.I have a theory that Miles and Ana were dating in the Sideways world so it was interesting to see your AU about what their relationship might have been like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: