Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"I'm Sorry :: Carrie Copeland (fanfic/rp trailer)"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: "I'm Sorry :: Carrie Copeland (fanfic/rp trailer)" Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"I'm Sorry :: Carrie Copeland (fanfic/rp trailer)" 02-15-2010
Trailer for season 6 of this fanfic/rp thingymabob focused on my OC Carrie (Mila Kunis)
Song: Doomsday by Doctor Who
Vidder: Belle MacFarlane
Length: 1:45 (9.11MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG8dTKpldoA
http://www.mediafire.com/?kfy0ymmcjtw

Last edited by Belle MacFarlane on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh; very cool!! I love Carrie already awesome way to show her story, being abandoned and depending on. she had a baby??? that was a detail you never revealed during our OC spam chats!! great use of Mila footage; that island stuff was so fitting and her kickass-ery loved her saying 'i'm sorry' too

Can we get a link to read the fic? I'd really like to see how carrie ties in with richard's life well done Millie!

Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Im Sorry :: Carrie Copeland (fanfic/rp trailer) by Belle Mac Reply with quote

it's on a MEmerson fan board so you have to sign up, but it's free nyah: http://www.michaelemerson.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=fanfic&action=display&thread=2390 but Carrie doesn't come in 'til page, um.... 9. it's rather long although, you can read just Carrie's s6 stuff here: http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9gGMlQc0nlLNzdhNTQzYWItZTJjOS00ZTAzLWE2NjktNDZkNjE2ZDcwNDRi&hl=en
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Im Sorry :: Carrie Copeland (fanfic/rp trailer) by Belle Mac Reply with quote

Really good job, Millie! I really liked all the voiceovers you used. Carrie seems very cool!
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviewing by request!

Please note: I don't do OC fiction, so it's entirely lost on me as a subgenre of fanfic. Reviewing with blinders on to that.

Things seem to mesh well, though. I didn't get any sort of 'Wait, this isn't from Lost!' points, so well-done with the blend.

---

Quibbles; take or leave:

The pings on 'What would you etc.' are well-done, but the title feels a bit too long to me. When it got to '... the man you love,' I was kind of waiting for the end. In future, I'd suggest limiting the pingy effect to five or six words at most; otherwise, it gets old.

Font quibble: Papyrus. I can recognize it instantly and have an instinctive dislike of it. That's my graphic design background/me being picky.

Keep your phrases the same: 'She was abandoned; she came back;' etc. Most of them are the same, but the first two aren't.

Visible credits with Des' 'Look down the barrel of the gun' and Danielle's 'Run, hide, or die' speech.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Im Sorry :: Carrie Copeland (fanfic/rp trailer) by Belle Mac Reply with quote

I thought the text, 'What would you do to be with the one you love?' Especially broken up word for word. I thought it was interesting, great manips of this character to the Island. It would be really interesting in future vids to see how she ties into Richard.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Im Sorry :: Carrie Copeland (fanfic/rp trailer) by Belle Mac Reply with quote

That was really cool, Millie! The Doctor Who music is beautiful!! Worked really well too. Interesting story Great job with this!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: