Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vegas 6 Newbie Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mir
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Vegas 6 Newbie Help Reply with quote

I just switched to Vegas 6 from WMM and I'm completely lost! I feel like a completely blundering n00b (which is what I am, I suppose...) and can't seem to find my way around Vegas at all. The one thing which I got used to in WMM was how when one imported video, it would be brought into the program in clips. In Vegas, however, I have no idea how to make these clips or how to even split up the entire files which get imported.

Help!!

Thanks!

~Mir
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still learning too >.< I have Vegas 6 as well. You can split clips by pressing the "s" buttn where you want to split them. And if you import them into the "Trimmer" thing, you can then fid where you want to start your clip, put the cursor there, hold shift and move until you reach the point you want to end your clip, let go of Shift, and then drag that highlighted section to the video I too miss those clips from WMM... that's the one thing I don't like about Vegas.
Let Lostzilla talk you through further, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
I'm still learning too >.< I have Vegas 6 as well. You can split clips by pressing the "s" buttn where you want to split them. And if you import them into the "Trimmer" thing, you can then fid where you want to start your clip, put the cursor there, hold shift and move until you reach the point you want to end your clip, let go of Shift, and then drag that highlighted section to the video

That's what I was gonna say.

LOL I got rid of the thing with clips in WMM I hated that.
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l just got Vegas 6 too not long ago and l am still learning myself.
l just figured out a while ago actually how to do the split screen. LOL.
l love all of the effects, much better then Premiere Pro.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help! ^.^
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had real problems importing the avi files of the episodes into vegas it's like a bloody getting water from a stone job. I changed the fourcc code to divx on them and some of them get imported without sound others crash the program lol what the hell? Why won't it recognise divx and xvid properly?
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok folks.... i just got meself a copy of Vegas 6 and I have made my first vid in like ages YAY me

One question though... when I 'render as' to save the file... how do I make the vid smaller like under 10MB coz the one I have submitted is 22MB so any advice would be much appreciated

thanks in advance
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you encode it to? avi or wmv? you have to select wmv and 512 to get a regular sized file
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys wouldn't believe what efforts I'm makibng to get this damn Vegas 6 working correctly. It doesn't like my source material's audio. therefore, I can either import the vid in, stop the "create peaks", and then chop off the audio and do any and all clip cutting right in the actual video rendering area OR I can find some way to get the audio away permanently, then finally be able to use the bloody trimmer this is all because this beautiful yet highly-flawed piece of machinery A) doesn't like DIVX videos and B) doesn't like to just make bloody clips like WMM

BAH!

But I do have a treat for ya'll when/if I get this damn thing working an animated Vegas vid! Yay!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward to seeing it Warren! I wish I was more talented at animation if you have any tips for noobs share em
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
What did you encode it to? avi or wmv? you have to select wmv and 512 to get a regular sized file

thanks Pauly, i did save it as wmv but not sure about the 512 thing.... but i'll give it a shot

thanks again

and Warren, can't wait to see the animated vid should be worth the wait
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you two! .
Polarbear wrote:
Look forward to seeing it Warren! I wish I was more talented at animation if you have any tips for noobs share em

As for tips.... Lose your sense of caring whether a video looks professional or not, and just go for the strange 2D effects..? That would be my advice it's what animation is, strangely enough
If you really want to try it, then all you need is a paint program like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, then the patience to make each frame one by one
Vegas has some amazing ways to animate though Pan and zoom... woah. I think I finall got the damn thing working right, though not completely: it'll still freeze if I try to play a video in the trimmer Grrr....
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm going to join you guys here.

Vegas 6 is so much different than the old editing software i used. I know it must be better, i just have to figure it out...

Right now I'm just trying to cut up my song in the Trimmer. its not very straight forward.

where is lostzilla when u need him? I know his amazing vids come out of this somehow..
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm here when u need me arent I?

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah ha!

so do you pre-format your raw footage at all before working with it in vegas? because when i try to open a whole ep in the trimmer or drag it to timeline it brings the whole thing down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: