Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last Movie You Saw?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never even heard of it. lol What was it about/what genre was it?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it was made in 1995 so that is probably why ....but it was about this bellhop and all these crazy guests at the hotel....it was a comedy.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why I haven't heard of it, or what it was bad? lol

It doesn't sound that interesting to me either way. tehe
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why you haven't heard of it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was like 6. lol But I'm pretty well versed in films, being a film student for the moment... xD Do you know if it was popular? lol
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I have no idea...a crazy friend recommended it.

NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww...I actually really like Four Rooms!! It's so zany and silly, I just love it....

It does get a little better Nikki - the madonna thing doesn't last that long. It's only one story of the four stories in the movie. Each one is by a different director. I can't remember all of them, but I know Robert Rodriguez (Sin City) directs a segment and so does Quentin Tarantino. Though his one is the last one and it's kind of annoying.

My favorite is the one with Antonio Banderas & the bellhop watches his kids - it's so funny!!! I really like the bellhop guy, he cracks me up.

You should definitely give it another chance Nikki!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Couldn't watch those annoying witches....they were running around all crazy overacting with their shirts off...lol I was like WTF....but since you said it gets better then maybe I'll watch the rest.

Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MIST!

This is a horror movie! Frank Darabont did a fantastic job making another classic. IMO, The Mist falls under one of the best Stephen King book-to-movie made films out yet. The movie is intense, it kept me on the edge of my seat through out the entire time! The film isn't clichéd either, it has some new formulas to it to spice the movie up and its a different treat your in for. It's scary and some-what realistic if compared to our lives and it makes yo think..."what if that happened?"... thought. Marcia Gay Harden is simply amazing and her portrayal of Mrs. Carmody, she plays the character with dept and darkness. This probably has one of the most disturbing endings in film ever! Anyway... worth a watch!

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/
LordXwee
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading The Mist and was like "This needs to be a movie." Something funny happened in the movie theater when we were watching it but it's spoilery.

Spoiler:

When the nerdy guy who I forgot what his name was shot Mrs. Carmody, everyone started clapping. Because she finally died.

But the last movie I watched was Saw 4. Teehee. I love that series. The flashbacks were sad though...

Banner by erandil.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched The Mist a few days ago, too, Deia! I loved it!! It's creepy, it's intense, it has some good characters and the ending is sooo bitter!

Quote:
Spoiler:

When the nerdy guy who I forgot what his name was shot Mrs. Carmody, everyone started clapping. Because she finally died.

Yeah, me too!!!

Spoiler:

I was cheering with joy when it happened. Awesome performance by Marcia Gay Harden though!

The last two movies I saw in the movie theatre were Kung-Fu Panda (loved it!! ) and Hanock (no love for that one; great at the beginning, pretty weak after the first thirty minutes).

My next movie will be the X-Files 2, squeeee!!!!

Last edited by KajaM on Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
I watched The Mist a few days ago, too, Deia! I loved it!! It's creepy, it's intense, it has some good characters and the ending is sooo bitter!

Quote:
Spoiler:

Yeah, me too!!!

Spoiler:

I was cheering with joy when it happened. Awesome performance by Marcia Gay Harden though!

The last two movies I saw in the movie theatre were Kung-Fu Panda (loved it!! ) and Hanock (no love for that one; great at the beginning, pretty week after the first thirty minutes).

My next movie will be the X-Files 2, squeeee!!!!

Are you going to see Batman Karolina???
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely!!! I can't wait to see it!! But it's still a month before it premiers in Germany.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Wild Hogs and College Roadtrip last night. I really enjoyed both of them.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last two movies I saw (& rented!) were Grace is Gone and Lars and The Real Girl.

Grace is Gone is the type of movie that everyone should see, but you can only watch it once or twice. It's just really sad, made even more so by the fact that the subject matter of the film (families having loved ones killed in Iraq) is an everyday occurrence in this country. But a magnificent performance by John Cusack - he hid a really awesome job in this and I think it's his best performance since Being John Malkovich. He really transformed himself, and in the first few seconds of the film, I didn't even recognize him! Also, the girls who play his daughters are amazing little actresses as well!!

Lars and the Real Girl was awesome. It was just really cute and sad, all at the same time. It constantly had me laughing out loud, or crying, or completely flabbergasted. And OMG - I admit, I haven't really seen much of Ryan Gosling's work, but he freaking blew me away in this. He is an absolutely mesmerizing actor and he was just astoundingly good in this. His physicality is incredible!! This is definitely a must-see movie. It's a little odd at parts, but overall, it's very, very sweet!!

/Abby's review time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20

Jump to: