Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Battle Without Honor Or Humanity" by jarofclay73

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jarofclay73
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: "Battle Without Honor Or Humanity" by jarofclay73 Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Battle Without Honor Or Humanity" 05-20-2008
After getting advice from some people here, I think I know whats wrong with this video. However, I want to submit it anyway. Please post your criticism because I really want to get better.
Song: Battle Without Honor Or Humanity by RZA
Vidder: jarofclay73
Length: 2:26 (9.1MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S49vKdY7ImA
http://apps.facebook.com/youtubebox/video.asp?uvid=2962415

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You showed some really good instincts here with the beat use; this sort of music is just fantastic for a great action vid! I particularly liked the start with Juliet and Charlotte looking like they were on their way to a real rumble, lol!

I suspect you already know about this next part judging from your description but it's usually best to not use the audio on the clips unless there's a specific reason you want it there, otherwise it can distract away from your vid. In WMM you can mute the sound as a whole by sliding the Set Audio Levels from where it's usually in between Audio from Video and Audio/Music all the way over to Audio/Music (at least that's how you can do it in WMM2. If you have Vista's WMM, it probably should have something similar). Or in Vegas you can either select your clip in the trimmer, then right-click and choose "video only" or you can click the audio after it's on the timeline and delete it.

Anyway, like I said at the start, you're definitely on the right track here with the great beat use. I enjoyed it a lot and look forward to seeing what you come up with next!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Battle Without Honor Or Humanity by jarofclay73 Reply with quote

I really liked this vid! The beat use is very good!

I agree with Aislynn about the audio. Other than that, nice work here and I definitely look forward to some more "beat-happy" vids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: