Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4X09- The Shape of Things to Come Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude that episode was SUPERB!!!! It rocked my socks!!! I was shocked too. I felt bad for Ben, his plan totally backfired. He was sooooooo shocked! Keamy is an awesome villain, hes just so calm and menicing, he reminds me of Edward Norton in American History X for some reason. Ben was a total BAMF! I loved the Sayid stuff also, and am glad their including Nadia in the picture because it wouldn't of made since otherwise. Smokie was tight also in this ep!!!

Spoiler:

so im guessing Ben controls him!!!

eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, Nikki!!!!!!! I said to hubby, "Is ANYONE going to have a happy ending in this show?" And he just looked at me cynically and said, "I never thought anyone would."
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eloramoon wrote:
I know, Nikki!!!!!!! I said to hubby, "Is ANYONE going to have a happy ending in this show?" And he just looked at me cynically and said, "I never thought anyone would."

well remember the flash forwards are not the end. we still have 2 more seasons.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow

That was an awesome episode I was really impressed with it, I wasn't really shocked with the Alex thing but was like no I feel bad for Ben because of the rules changing.

The thing with Jack I was like Jack's gonna cry at the end of the episode I was just laughing so much when he pulled the crying face I'm evil

I loved the way Sawyer was looking after Claire it was so sweet, and when she said Charlie my heart nearly died

I loved Ben with Smokey aswell that was just awesome, when Smokey went on the killing spree I was like wooow! lol.

I felt bad for Sayid having Nadia killed but I see why he's with Ben now and don't blame him. But at the end of the episode when Ben brought Penny into I was like nooo! Leave Penny alone lol.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great epy, not my fav but I liked it a lot.

TOTALLY shocked about Alex.

Loved all the Sawyer scenes!

I'm happy that Sayid & Nadia got married but it's so sad that she died.

Thought the monster stuff was really cool!

At the end when Ben was talking about Penny, I was going NOOOOOOO don't kill Penny! Wonder where Desmond is at that time???

Can't wait til next week!
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still reeling from this eppy. Holy crap.

It's so funny because around the 2nd & beginning of the 3rd season, I was so ready to give up because the show had really lost its way and felt like it was meandering. But it's changed so much now - everything is exciting and things are starting to fit together and it's wonderful!

So anyways - this is by far the best Ben episode ever. Can we all agree? Man Behind The Curtain was good, but this was like, all-piano playing, all bad-ass, all actiony, all emotional Ben. He's seriously a Jack-of-all-trades. Or actually, a ben-of-all-trades,

I agree though, with whoever said the flash-forwards were kind of meh. They were, but they were fun for nothing else than sauve, sexy Ben-ness. The confrontation at the end was awesome.

And concerning Alex,
Spoiler:

it was a pretty shocking death. Such a deviation from normal TV - stuff like that never happens, unless it's on HBO. It was pretty sad because it was so shocking. Ben's reaction was just heartbreaking. So sad!! You know he really cared about her. At first, I was kind of shocked that Ben just let it happen, but at the same time, I think he truly believed Keamy (bastard, *grumble, grumble* ) would hear him out.

But holy crap. I've been repeating that like every three minutes tonight. I think it's time for bed.....
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what an episode There needs to be more writers strikes, so they have no choice but to stuff all these things into one episode and make it AWESOME . (I can totally picture this being 2 eps, can't you?)

Okay, so the only way I can do this is by commenting in chronological order:

- I just cringe every time Kate talks nowadays . Perhaps it's because 90% of the time she only does it so she can somehow coax information out of someone - be it Jack, Sawyer, or whoever. It's just exasperating. It even has a formula: Kate: <random slightly funny comment> Jack: <huh? Oh, yeah.> Kate and Jack: <banter for 10 seconds>. Kate: <on a completely unrelated note - I'M USING YOU FOR INFORMATION. ANSWER THIS QUESTION CUZ I'M *CUTE* >
Ug.
Sorry Aislynn. And anyone else who likes Kate.

- so, the doc's dead. Convenient, so Jack can't be operated on if he gets sick. I thought they'd do something like that, since we KNOW he gets off the island, and we KNOW Jack is way too selfless to allow himself to be one of the first people off unless he has no other choice . So, him being sick = the answer.

- Teehee, Risk. That's awesome. Locke+Sawyer+Hurley = ftw

- Wow, Ben's a badass. A badass who can travel through time and space

- Woah, Sawyer's a badass too! A badass that can dodge bullets with help from his bulletproof bench, fence, and wheelbarrow!

- WOAH, Claire's a badass TOO! A badass that can come out of an exploded house with nothing but a scratch! Must be the whole sharing-the-name with Claire Bennet from Heroes

- Moriarty. Original.
What day is it? Heh. Making this easy on us huh! You can't hide your time-and-space-travelling skillz from US Ben!

- Today's a good Locke day. i.e. they don't need him to be an idiot this ep, so he's instead making all the right decisions. It's probably all the Risk playing, that got him the practise.

- Awww, Sawyer's a hero. Aww, Conmama. Awww, "Chau-lie?" That ALMOST makes up for there not being an episode about Claire's angst over Charlie's death. She's in denial. I will forgive ONLY because of the writers strike, BTW. I'm going to ASSUME they planned to have a Claire ep before their time was cut short. ASSUME. I'm still not HAPPY about it.

- *DING DONG* LOL Ah, Miles.

- yeah, you just HAPPEN to be taking pictures of Sayid, Ben. HAPPEN TO. He intended this to happen exactly as it did. Furthermore, I bet he killed Nadia. I mean, he has NO evidence that it wasn't HIM that killed Nadia, and it was Widmore. You'd think Sayid would ask about that. But he's not. That's how you know that something's up - Sayid always asks questions, unless he's being manipulated by the writers. And Ben.
OH! Also - totally called this. Totally called Sayid finding Nadia after the island, and someone killing her (as alluded to in Sayid's last FF ep). go me.

- Heh. Keamy
Quote:
Soulja Boy Off In This Hoe
Watch Me Crank It
Watch Me Roll
Watch Me Crank Dat Soulja Boy
Then Super Man Dat Hoe

Also, he's one little bastard, isn't he . I hope he experiences a particularly painful and excruciating (and preferably embarrassing) death!

- They killed Alex . They're... they're... bastards.
*sniff* (I must say, I was as shocked as Ben. That's just not a normal occurrence in most TV shows. wow)
And Ben's speech, to try and stop them... *sniff* Lies. he cares. He cares a lot..
Also, I think I've misjudged him and Alex's relationship. Danielle was crazy. Or at any rate - she DID kill her entire crew. Perhaps taking Alex away from her really was a noble thing to do? Perhaps he wasn't just being a child-knapper? *sniff*

- "He changed the rules". Yeah, I see then. He and Widmore probably had an agreement - no killing family members. But Widmore broke it. Funny he would put his daughter in that kind of risk.
I think we're looking at this the wrong way - that there's a "good guy" and a "bad guy". They're BOTH bad guys. They both want the island for their own reasons, and are willing to kill whoever they need to to do it.
But for that reason - I cheer for Ben! The evil you know, against the evil you don't, after all .

- Poor Sayid. How easily you are manipulated.

- EIGHT YEARS? "eight years of my life I have spent searching for the woman I love". Woah, is this an eight-years-after party?

- OMFG. SMOKIE IS BADASS.

- *sniff* Alex... Poor... poor Ben... I don't care if he's "bad". This... this is how you create "bad" people. By killing their goddamn children. Go Ben, take some revenge. You deserve it.

- Bernard, you badass! Put those morse skillz to work.

- wow, surprise. Locke was right. They're not there to rescue them. wow. Really? I'm shocked. This text, which can not portray sarcasm, barely holds my surprise.

- See, this is what I don't get: why does Sawyer call Locke and Ben crazy? I mean, he just saw a cloud of LIVING SMOKE kill a bunch of guys. OBVIOUSLY they seem to know what they're talking about.
But I do see why he's leaving them. They're kinda a safety hazard.
(nonetheless, hiking through the soldier-infested jungle with a crying baby? Not a good idea)

- Hurley's awesome.

- Charles, we meet at last.
"Have you come here to kill me Benjamin?"
"We both know I can't do that"
I think... I think the island won't let them kill each other. Furthermore, I think they can't be killed - at least not without the island controlling things. That's why Ben keeps putting himself in such dangerous situations time after time (think about it - he could have been killed SO many times, just this ep. Widmore's employee could have shot him, so could that guy on the horse when he first "warped", etc. I'm thinking something along the lines of how Micheal couldn't kill himself. Maybe Ben and Widmore have that too?)

OMG, good episode. I can't believe: Danielle's dead, Alex is dead, Nadia is dead, Locke let Sawyer have Australia in Risk (everyone knows that's key to winning the game!)
Can't wait for next week!

Last edited by Hobbes on Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this episode was THE BOMB!! I loved it! Not only were the flashforwards interesting, but everything happening on the island was too! We got some hints, some answers, and some new questions...and OMG the deaths!! Ben was totally badass! I felt so bad for him, yet he was awesome at the same time. AND THE CONMAMA! I was like bouncing up and down on my bed as I watched those scenes, it was just so cute! Conmama vid, here I come! lol

When Claire said 'Charlie' when Sawyer saved her, I was like "ooh, fans are gonna be happy about that, seeing as she's shown almost so grief about his death his finding out about it." Personally, I was more happy about Sawyer touching Claire's face and carrying her back to safety.

I thought the gunfight was a bit cheesy, with his seemingly bulletproof lawn furniture and picket fences, but whatevs, it was all apart of the lovely Claire rescue and more Sawyer-protectiveness that makes me squee! Can anyone tell that I'm getting exhausted with the love triangle yet? I mean, Kate is totally getting on my nerves and has been since late season 2, early season 3. I really started to hate her for a while. At least Future-Kate seems a bit more mature and together. *sigh* I prefer that Kate.

AGH!! Alex!! She was never my fave character, but she didn't deserve that! It was just so sad and shocking and awesome! The look on Ben's face was just tragic. For minutes after her death, he was sat there, almost not moving at all, in pure shock. I thought he was being a bit stupid, so used to bluffing, to being smart and getting his way, but he clearly hasn't dealt with many "Keamy's" in the past. He was a frikkin' mercenary, Ben! But anyway, I wasn't angry with Ben, I just felt awful for him, losing Alex. And practically the last words she heard from him were how he didn't love her and was just using her as his pawn in his evil little plots!! He's going to have to live with that one for a while.

Poor Sayid. I just knew Nadia was going to die, but I still felt bad for him, especially since he married her! I also loved how he kept pulling the trigger after he fired all the shots in the gun. From that, you could tell the passionate hurt and anger he felt. He just wasn't out for justice, it was revenge, but an intensely hurt kind. And wow, more than 8 years into the future, huh? I mean, he searched for her for 8 years before he found her...I wonder how much time elapsed between the time he found her and now? It could have been weeks, months, or years...the former if they work quickly. I wonder how long that would be in "island time" with the whole time and space stuff? Time and space stuff which Ben seems to be able to manipulate somehow, since he got off? Then again, so did Michael and Tom at one point...hmm, I wonder what "the rules" about that are?

OMG, I so called Jack having appendicitis. During the episode, when Jack was looking wobbly and messed up, and grabbed at his side, I was like "he has appenditicis .... lol, that may be too easy, huh?" Then I saw the trailer and started cracking up cuz I was right! I've talked about it for a long time, wondering "what if" about that scenario. If they would operate without anesthesia, is the person would die...I even contemplated writing a fic once or twice, but never got around to it. Poor Jack! I wonder if that's really what's wrong though, or if it's the island sickness that hasn't been talked about in a while...

Oooh, Dan lied. The first somewhat sinister thing he's really done, huh? I'm not sure he did it for sinister reasons yet, I dunno. He's relatively innocent and sweet compared to Charlotte and Miles. lol The only other Freightie who seems genuinely nice and eager to help, is Frank. Hmm...I'll have to think on this one a bit more.

OH! And Sawyer really killed me with his comment about Hurley's "curly head". I mean WTH?? lol I love it! Dude, I know you dropped out of 9th grade, but you have to know more about the sentence structure of the English language than THAT. Everyone knows it's "curly hair" ... maybe he meant something like a curly head of hair, but still, it sounded dumb yet hilarious at the same time. I'm no English major, but wow. xD That one really got me. Poor Hurley, with his curly head. hehe

Anyway, it's almost 1am. To conclude, this epi was totally awesome, as were Bernard's morse code skillz. I hope next week's episode is just as good, despite it being Jack centric. lol Sorry, Jack-fans, I love him too, but SIASL sucked. I've been a bit scarred. hehe

Last edited by SassyLostie2 on Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, yeah I loved the curly hair comment tehe.

I think with Alex's death it wasn't shocking for me because I had read a rumour about her being killed but the way she was that was what shocked me, the way how Ben tried to play it and it didn't work.

I hadn't laughed so much at the gun scene with everything being bulletproof lol.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg, I can't stop thinking about that now. xD It makes me want to go into Jasc and use the picture warp tool on Hurley, cuz that's exactly what it sounded like! I always thought that Sawyer was pretty intelligent (not necessarily incredibly educated...), but he should have known this! He reads classic literature! lol

Yeah, I wasn't actually shocked by her dying, but the way she died and how sudden it was. At least I was shocked when I accidentally spoiled myself about it!! It was really sad actually, but still a great scene. The look on Ben's face was heartbreaking. I think that he really believed that he would to be able to reason with him. And Penny! He wants to kill her now! I literally shouted "PENNY!" when he said he wanted to kill Widmore's daughter. Lost does this to me, people.

Ahh, the bulletproof lawn furniture...how convenient. Then again, Sawyer is the superboy of the island. For all the times he has gotten badly hurt, he's been just fine in the end, so why bother injuring him again? xD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmao yeah Sawyer is like untouchable now tehe.

Yeah, now Ben has a come back with a vengance and wants to kill Penny I was shouting 'Nooo' At my laptop lol
Joon
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

- I just cringe every time Kate talks nowadays .

Sadly, I agree. She has been annoying me for the whole season. Maybe Charlotte should knock her out one more time.
I guess they have to transform Kate into a silly little fangirl to make her more suitable for Jack. I want the Kate who threatens to shoot people in the knee if they don't cooperate back. But that Kate wouldn't be worthy of Jack I guess.

But besides that I really enjoyed this episode! Finally some good Sawyer action! I love how protective he was of Claire and Hurley.
The Ben plot was also great. Did he teleport himself to the Sahara?
I really hope he doesn't kill Penny though!! Her and Desmond deserve their happy ending.

I can't believe they killed Alex. That was really cruel.

Next week should provide some hilarious Jack-faces. But I think it's kinda pointless to make him sick now when we all know he won't die...too bad.

Icon by ack attack
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe Joon

Ben waking up in the sahara desert with winter gear on.. he seemed to have a new Dharma Station jacket on. Could be the Orchid maybe?

How the hell did Claire survive getting blown up and splintered with glass and wood. Loved seeing Sawyer being the action hero. Lol at the dumb redshirts just dying.

Was sweet to know that Sayid and Nadia actually met and married but sad to see she died :/ Wouldn't put it past Ben to maybe not have killed her but have blamed it on the guy to trick him into working for him.

Yay for Bernard outing Daniel. Don't see the fascination with him really. How the hell is the Doc alive and well on the boat and the dead body washes up onshore.

The final flashforward between Ben and Charles Widmore was awesome. I knew those two were destined to meet at some point. Lol at Widmore calling Ben boy he's so rude to everyone hehe I was rooting for Ben until he said he'd kill Penny...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, you're on! I was so bored and alone! lol jk

Oh yeah! I totally forgot to mention in my crazy long post the fact that Claire should be dead. I mean, how could she even not only be alive, but have like one tiny scratch on her forehead and that's it? Oh well, this is Lost. I loved Sawyer all protective and action-y though. I just lurve him so.

I found it amusing that Widmore called Ben "boy" as well. It sucks that Ben wants to kill Penny now, but I still kinda like Ben and Widmore just annoys me to no end...but I like Penny too! Isn't there some compromise they can come to?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was an intense episode!!!

I so did *not* feel sorry for Ben, even though killing Alex was totally gruesome and absolutely unnecessary. To me, Ben is a creepy little psychopath who doesn't deserve any of my sympathy. It's his own damn fault that Alex is dead and now he even wants to kill Penny... WTF!!! I hope that he'll get what he deserves in the end...
I'm so shocked that Sayid actually trusts him and wants to work for him.

Well, um, ok... so I must admit that Sawyer was great in this episode, especially when he tried to protect Hurley. The guy sure is developing some leader qualities here. I'm a tad afraid though that he might become his mean, old self again once he's back with Kate and Jack. Did anyone else notice that he's a different person when he's not with the two of them? Jealousy can be such a beast...

Claire, Claire, Claire... once you're in danger, you remember your good old Charlieboy again, huh? How sad is that?

FTW for the monster eating up the freighter people. That was awesome!! Oh, and the redshirts getting killed... I couldn't stop laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: